User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is my ex?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • ISTJ

    15 50.00%
  • INTJ

    14 46.67%
  • IxTJ

    1 3.33%
First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 90

  1. #51
    beyondaurora
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dash View Post
    If so, then I can easily see why he would get mad at you for being fanciful in the slightest. It would create a sort of knee-jerk reaction that is programmed to PUMMEL any sort of illogical thought/whim. Very similar, if not identical to PTSD. Have you tried to get him into therapy?

    Edit in: I'm truly sorry this all happend the way it did. I know he's a good guy under there...he's just too damaged to be the real him right now =(.

    Good insight. Thank you, Dash. I have definitely felt pummeled before by his reactions.

    I have encouraged therapy. I remember one of his responses verbatim, "Get your own house in order before you throw shit on mine."

    And I know he's a good guy under there because I've seen it. I often forget the the reasons why I left because they are clouded by memories of the times he laughed, kissed me good morning, and smiled when our kitties did something cute. I do miss him.

  2. #52
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Hmm.. maybe an INTJ with an unhealthy shadow, or maybe OCD.

    Does he get stressed if someone touches his stuff or changes his routine. Not just a bit annoyed.. but distressed? It sounds very OCD.

  3. #53
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    I'd just like to clarify that my ex isn't antisocial in the clinical definition. He just isn't sociable.

    He also is not physically violent.
    Ah, good. So he didn't get that far. That's about where I was at 13 then.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #54
    beyondaurora
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Hmm.. maybe an INTJ with an unhealthy shadow, or maybe OCD.

    Does he get stressed if someone touches his stuff or changes his routine. Not just a bit annoyed.. but distressed? It sounds very OCD.

    No. Just annoyed.

  5. #55
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    I don't think it was a lack of self-confidence. He just couldn't handle it for some reason. I'd get excited imagining the thought of a little baby crawling around the living room floor, and say to him playfully, "let's make a baby", and he'd get so pissed off (I mean really, really pissed off) with me for bringing it up. He'd point out all the reasons why we couldn't have a baby at the time. And maybe he was right, but God, he could have just indulged me a bit.

    I'd talk about traveling and where I'd like to go, and he'd criticize every country I'd pick. He only wanted to go to Europe. There were terrorists, diseases, insects, etc. in all the other countries.

    About his parents -

    His dad is an extrovert, ex-drill sargeant, ex-representative for Warner Elektra Atlantic with major emotional issues. He's incredibly stubborn and acts like a baby (I'm really serious! Stomping around, red-faced and all!) if anyone says anything against his beliefs. For example, he's a Vietnam vet, Republican, and if you say anything bad about Bush, he'll start singing the Marine Corps song over you. Very passive aggressive. Very generous to a fault.

    His mom is an introvert, nurse, who got deep into drugs and left my husband and his father one day for another man (when my husband was 13) and didn't return for several years. She's now very stable. She's very educated, an avid reader, and pleasant.
    Ah! This is helpful (with the typing, but not with him, poor guy).

    I expect he is deep in his shadow as a result of early life trauma - suffering as a result of a difficult upbringing. Perhaps an ISTJ retreating into a shadow fantasy world (painting miniatures, D&D etc) to try and avoid life. it would explain why he doesnt want to face a future or change (baby, travel to where you want to go).

  6. #56
    beyondaurora
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    it would explain why he doesnt want to face a future or change (baby, travel to where you want to go).
    I went to Costa Rica this summer.

  7. #57
    beyondaurora
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    You need an ENTP to rinse away his memory.


    (This message brought to you by the ENTP Council of America.)
    You're right! G-virus, where are you?!

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    54

    Default

    This is my first proper go on What's My/Someone Else's Type thread & my first guess was ISTJ. Then i considered an unhealthy INTJ. I would say definitely the I, T & J, though.

  9. #59
    beyondaurora
    Guest

    Default

    (I've added a poll to this thread.)

  10. #60
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    I suspect it'll be affected by sensor bias. Intuitives will often consider people they do not "like" to be sensors. So you will get more ISTJ votes because of his negative appearance in your description.

Similar Threads

  1. help typing my ex
    By horrorguy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2015, 07:31 AM
  2. Type my EX-best friend!
    By KarenParker in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 06:04 PM
  3. Help me type my husband
    By brainheart in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 08:37 PM
  4. My friend has asked me to type her ex
    By welshlass in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 11:02 PM
  5. Help me type my ex please
    By Sahara in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO