• IxTJ

1 3.33%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    It's human nature to want to escape. The guise of a game may just be the perfect set up for someone who's very focused on life to allow himself to drift.
    But an S using a fantasy game to escape...gosh, I just can't imagine it. Apparently, it CAN happen. But it just seems to me that an S would do something like drink, get wrapped-up in work, etc.
    I don't have a picture up so...here's my youtube with me doing all sorts of crazy martial arts flips and kicks....=D.

http://www.youtube.com/dashblades

beyondaurora

To all of you who are saying INTJ -

What about his painting miniatures? His love of WWII (Nazis in particular)? His aversion to talking about the future? His aversion to tastes and experiences that don't line up with the past?

Also, what about the whole INTJ quest for improvement? He has told me numerous times that he is perfectly content with his life just the way it is.
    Last edited by beyondaurora; 12-19-2008 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Added last sentence.

MBTI
    ENTP

He's a self-hating ISTJ. How did you guys end up together?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post

What about his painting miniatures? His love of WWII (Nazis in particular)? His aversion to talking about the future? His aversion to tastes and experiences that don't line up with the past?
    My hunch was the he was an InFJ...probably 20 N at the most (0 being X). Also, he has one of the strongest Js I've ever seen...so that could shake things up a bit. Maybe he starting to paint the miniatures out of boredom one day, and couldn't stop due to it becoming part of his "routine".

I don't know quite how to account for his lack of future-talk, but all other signs point to INTJ, IMO.
    I don't have a picture up so...here's my youtube with me doing all sorts of crazy martial arts flips and kicks....=D.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Well, the first thing would be equivalent to calling anyone who paints an S. This is not true, though they may take to it more naturally (if they're into that sort of thing).

His aversion to talking about the future could be attributed to a lack of confidence, or his projecting negative thoughts about how it will turn out. Just because he doesn't talk to you about it doesn't mean he doesn't think about the future.

I don't know about the tastes/past thing, though.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

beyondaurora

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    He's a self-hating ISTJ. How did you guys end up together?
    Ugh.

Well, I was 15, and I found him to be shy, quiet, quirky, pessimistic, intelligent, etc., which was all very interesting to me.

After a few months of him paging me, and me not returning his pages, I finally called him and met him for lunch.

Then it was a whirlwind of him walking 2 miles at 4:00am to meet me, writing 11-page love letters expressing how lonely he was before I came into his life (equipped with sentimental quotes and all!), and probably most importantly us sharing our first sexual experiences and at such a young age.

Then he closed off. The love letters stopped. He told me he didn't believe in 'soulmates' as I did. I couldn't get him to open up to me. And that's driven me crazy for the past 8 years. I felt compelled to bring back the lovestruck boy that I first fell in love with.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

His love of WWII (Nazis in particular)?
    INTJs love Nazism.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj

Ugh.

Well, I was 15, and I found him to be shy, quiet, quirky, pessimistic, intelligent, etc., which was all very interesting to me.

After a few months of him paging me, and me not returning his pages, I finally called him and met him for lunch.

Then it was a whirlwind of him walking 2 miles at 4:00am to meet me, writing 11-page love letters expressing how lonely he was before I came into his life (equipped with sentimental quotes and all!), and probably most importantly us sharing our first sexual experiences and at such a young age.

Then he closed off. The love letters stopped. He told me he didn't believe in 'soulmates' as I did. I couldn't get him to open up to me. And that's driven me crazy for the past 8 years. I felt compelled to bring back the lovestruck boy that I first fell in love with.
    Hmmm, are you aware of any problems his parents may have had? He sounds to me like an unbalanced INTJ with intimacy issues (yikes).

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    His aversion to talking about the future could be attributed to a lack of confidence, or his projecting negative thoughts about how it will turn out. Just because he doesn't talk to you about it doesn't mean he doesn't think about the future.
    Agreed. And because he's such a strong J, his supposed lack of self-confidence would make him stay tight-lipped even more religiously.

beyondaurora

Extra tidbit -

He always criticized my songwriting, saying that my lyrics were too literal.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    INTJs love Nazism.
    You're thinking of ENTJs