• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my ex-husband

What type is my ex?

• Total voters

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Right, right. But from what I've seen, Ns tend to care more about online games. It's not concrete and real-world enough for dominant S types.

Though, if I try to imagine him taking an MBTI test or two, he would probably "type himself" as an S. Hmmmm.

Gaming is an N thing? Are you sure you want to invoke ArbiterDewey's wrath with that statement? I love video games, and I look like an amish person in comparison to the ISTJ.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Gaming is an N thing? Are you sure you want to invoke ArbiterDewey's wrath with that statement? I love video games, and I look like an amish person in comparison to the ISTJ.

I'm an N and am very good at video games. An N may have to condition themselves to notice things that are important in games, but its been a hobby of mine since I was about 3 years old, ha.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Er, untrue. I test out pretty high on N (60+, 0 being X), and I PLAN on online MMORPGs. Not quite as much as him, but he seems to have a stronger J than I.

Read my post. Perciever is P as opposed to Judger as J.

B

beyondaurora

Though, if I try to imagine him taking an MBTI test or two, he would probably "type himself" as an S. Hmmmm.

Okay, I'll crack.

He has taken two free MBTI tests. Both times...INTJ.

And it's the S/N dichotomy that throws me with him as well. The J/P a little as well, simply because he doesn't want to make any major life decisions (for example, he's 28 and still refuses to learn to drive). He'd put those off forever if it weren't for me.

Dash

MBTI Type
INFJ
Read my post. Perciever is P as opposed to Judger as J.

Heh, sorry about that. I realized that shortly after I posted.

Well, I think it depends on the type of game. D&D seems very N to me. I think an S would be more attracted to games like Halo, Monopoly (just an example), etc. More "real-life" games. It just seems to be that D&D is so FAR removed from reality, it would be hard for a dominant S to care about it.

As Jung said though, every person is an exception to the rule =/.

Dash

MBTI Type
INFJ
Okay, I'll crack.

And it's the S/N dichotomy that throws me with him as well. The J/P a little as well, simply because he doesn't want to make any major life decisions (for example, he's 28 and still refuses to learn to drive). He'd put those off forever if it weren't for me.

Sorry for double posting but...HAHAHAHA!!! I AM the KING!!!!

Ha, okay. Now that that's over...that's odd about not wanting to drive. Is it possible that he's so far J, that something new would throw a "kink" is his routine?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP

Wish I could of posted before this.

Clearly INTJ, IMO.

And the gaming S/N divide really isn't there, FWIW. The most one can say is that Ns might be represented, with a 1:1 ratio of them.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
It's human nature to want to escape. The guise of a game may just be the perfect set up for someone who's very focused on life to allow himself to drift.

B

beyondaurora

OK, why is S the first thing people are flying towards?

I'll go IxTx.

I can see this being an INTP with pronounced Si or an IxTJ.

I will admit...

He has a much better understanding of the theories of the universe, mathematics and political systems, than I do. But then again, that's not saying much. :blush:

From the INTP's I've been chatting with on Vent, though, I wouldn't agree that his use of Ti is at their level.

Dash

MBTI Type
INFJ
It's human nature to want to escape. The guise of a game may just be the perfect set up for someone who's very focused on life to allow himself to drift.

But an S using a fantasy game to escape...gosh, I just can't imagine it. Apparently, it CAN happen. But it just seems to me that an S would do something like drink, get wrapped-up in work, etc.

B

beyondaurora

To all of you who are saying INTJ -

What about his painting miniatures? His love of WWII (Nazis in particular)? His aversion to talking about the future? His aversion to tastes and experiences that don't line up with the past?

Also, what about the whole INTJ quest for improvement? He has told me numerous times that he is perfectly content with his life just the way it is.

Last edited:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
He's a self-hating ISTJ. How did you guys end up together?

Dash

MBTI Type
INFJ

What about his painting miniatures? His love of WWII (Nazis in particular)? His aversion to talking about the future? His aversion to tastes and experiences that don't line up with the past?

My hunch was the he was an InFJ...probably 20 N at the most (0 being X). Also, he has one of the strongest Js I've ever seen...so that could shake things up a bit. Maybe he starting to paint the miniatures out of boredom one day, and couldn't stop due to it becoming part of his "routine".

I don't know quite how to account for his lack of future-talk, but all other signs point to INTJ, IMO.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

Well, the first thing would be equivalent to calling anyone who paints an S. This is not true, though they may take to it more naturally (if they're into that sort of thing).

His aversion to talking about the future could be attributed to a lack of confidence, or his projecting negative thoughts about how it will turn out. Just because he doesn't talk to you about it doesn't mean he doesn't think about the future.

I don't know about the tastes/past thing, though.

B

beyondaurora

He's a self-hating ISTJ. How did you guys end up together?

Ugh.

Well, I was 15, and I found him to be shy, quiet, quirky, pessimistic, intelligent, etc., which was all very interesting to me.

After a few months of him paging me, and me not returning his pages, I finally called him and met him for lunch.

Then it was a whirlwind of him walking 2 miles at 4:00am to meet me, writing 11-page love letters expressing how lonely he was before I came into his life (equipped with sentimental quotes and all!), and probably most importantly us sharing our first sexual experiences and at such a young age.

Then he closed off. The love letters stopped. He told me he didn't believe in 'soulmates' as I did. I couldn't get him to open up to me. And that's driven me crazy for the past 8 years. I felt compelled to bring back the lovestruck boy that I first fell in love with.

Dash

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ugh.

Well, I was 15, and I found him to be shy, quiet, quirky, pessimistic, intelligent, etc., which was all very interesting to me.

After a few months of him paging me, and me not returning his pages, I finally called him and met him for lunch.

Then it was a whirlwind of him walking 2 miles at 4:00am to meet me, writing 11-page love letters expressing how lonely he was before I came into his life (equipped with sentimental quotes and all!), and probably most importantly us sharing our first sexual experiences and at such a young age.

Then he closed off. The love letters stopped. He told me he didn't believe in 'soulmates' as I did. I couldn't get him to open up to me. And that's driven me crazy for the past 8 years. I felt compelled to bring back the lovestruck boy that I first fell in love with.

Hmmm, are you aware of any problems his parents may have had? He sounds to me like an unbalanced INTJ with intimacy issues (yikes).

His aversion to talking about the future could be attributed to a lack of confidence, or his projecting negative thoughts about how it will turn out. Just because he doesn't talk to you about it doesn't mean he doesn't think about the future.

Agreed. And because he's such a strong J, his supposed lack of self-confidence would make him stay tight-lipped even more religiously.

B

beyondaurora

Extra tidbit -

He always criticized my songwriting, saying that my lyrics were too literal.