• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Okay, one more time please.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've withdrawn myself from being typed (or claiming to be any particular type) for a long time now, because I was trying to assess what MBTI was in such a way as to have a better sense of it, and I didn't want other people's suggestions confusing me.

I've finished that process, and concluded that MBTI can only point to subjectively perceived patterns, and thus cannot truly apply in any specific way outside of the notions that the ideas evoke in the mind of the person who uses it. I've also realized that type is something that works better when you apply it in a superficial way, and to people you don't interact with too closely. Type appears to be a simplified perceptual matrix that conveys a pattern that exists at a distance, but alas, a pattern falls apart when you zoom in. Individuals of the same type can vary quite drastically if you look much beyond the surface. Individuals of different types can be very similar.

Thus, I've realized that for all my reasoning, all I can really do if I want to get a perspective other than the one I already have is to ask for more opinions.

Would any care to try and type me again? I promise not to take any guesses personally this time... that just happened in the past because I was in the middle of processing this as I said eariler, and because I had a few exaggerated notions about certain types and letters that I hadn't quite managed to work out yet. I have worked them out now.

I'm mostly doing this because I'm curious as to whose perceptions have shifted and why, and what the perspectives of those who haven't attempted this yet might be.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTJ. Your posts seem abstract, logical, and carefully ordered. I/E is the hardest to tell over the internet, but you don't come across as needing other people to energize you.

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX
I remember seeing you as an INFJ. I still believe you are, but a mature one, with a well developed T-side.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Ath you're probably more of an INfJ or INtJ, whichever you prefer.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ with developed Ti (or INFp). Enneagram 9.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Ath is an INFJ.

Go see my comments on the Dexter thread for details.

Not that I'm insinuating anything about Ath's hobbies...

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
What is this thing about creepiness and INFJ i feel like I have been left out of a mental health loop of knowledge.. circle of trust thingy... :(

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
No, I'd say that it's INFJs who are the creepy ones. INTJs may be superficially creepy, but it's in a way that you've seen before -- it's easy to desensitize to. INFJs, however, seem normal, but as soon as you begin to dig, you start to find the creepiness...

Atomic Fiend

No, I'd say that it's INFJs who are the creepy ones. INTJs may be superficially creepy, but it's in a way that you've seen before -- it's easy to desensitize to. INFJs, however, seem normal, but as soon as you begin to dig, you start to find the creepiness...

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Crypt.Keeper.jpg