User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 21

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    12

    Default Whats my mbti? (info)

    So this seems like such a good fit for me, I actually haven't seen any better ones.. ever!

    How would you type the following.

    https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/d/1.asp

    my two runners up 5 and 3 fit me aswell though.


    Type 1 Type 2 Type 3 Type 4 Type 5 Type 6 Type 7 Type 8 Type 9

    22 9 19 17 20 17 14 16 10

  2. #2

    Default

    INFP?

    That's a total guess though. You haven't really given anyone one anything to go on to determin your MBTI Type. WHilst you get some correclation between ennegram and MBTI type the 2 methods are looking at different things so an Enneagram 1 could well be any of the 16 MBTI types. (admittedly come are more common than others)

    How do you process your thoughts? Do you prefer concept or concrete?
    Last edited by Arilee; 12-16-2008 at 11:03 AM. Reason: typo

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arilee View Post
    INFP?

    That's a total guess though. You haven't really given anyone one anything to go on to determin your MBTI Type. WHilst you get some correclation between ennegram and MBTI type the 2 methods are looking at different things so an Enneagram 1 could well be any of the 16 MBTI types. (admittedly come are more common than others)

    How do you process your thoughts? Do you prefer concept or concrete?
    I don't really understand how I process my thoughts. This is the first time I've ever really looked into it.

    I just started questioning myself lately.

    Normal I just do me.

    Here is a quote I really agree with; It's ignorant to decide on a answer before you even know the problem. He was talking about political parties and how he sometimes was a republican and sometime a democrat.

  4. #4

    Default

    I have to admit I'm no expert on typing people, unless theur preferences are very strong.

    I'm sure there are others on here who know more about MBTI than I do. I have in the past referred people to the Jung tests at Similar Minds as a starting point. Their tests are straight forward and i quite like some of the type info that they have on the site.

    There is a wealth of info about MBTI around. Have you got any ideas on what your type may be?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arilee View Post
    I have to admit I'm no expert on typing people, unless theur preferences are very strong.

    I'm sure there are others on here who know more about MBTI than I do. I have in the past referred people to the Jung tests at Similar Minds as a starting point. Their tests are straight forward and i quite like some of the type info that they have on the site.

    There is a wealth of info about MBTI around. Have you got any ideas on what your type may be?
    ENTJ I think I've taken the test so many times and got INTJ but I feel good being around people that like me.

  6. #6
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Typing that page is pointless. You're going to have to describe yourself. Spend some time being more aware of your thought process and motivations. For example, extraversion vs. introversion - are you more focused on what's going on around you or what you can conjure up in your mind?


  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rmacy View Post
    ENTJ I think I've taken the test so many times and got INTJ but I feel good being around people that like me.

    The E / I preference is not related to how you feel around people as such. That is a very common misconception. It's about how you process information you have gathered using the other functions

    An Introvert will process information internally, and will more than likely give you the answer without telling you how they got there. An Extravert is likey to give you some information about the steps they took to get there.

    Both types are just as likely to enjoy being around people. I's tend to need more time to themselves than E's which I guess is where people assume that if you are the life and soul of the party you must be an E or if you sit quietly in the corner you must be an I.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Typing that page is pointless. You're going to have to describe yourself. Spend some time being more aware of your thought process and motivations. For example, extraversion vs. introversion - are you more focused on what's going on around you or what you can conjure up in your mind?

    I believe I'm an extrovert.

    Strange as it is, this is very hard trying to figure myself out, I've never really thought about it before I just did what I wanted to do.

    However my mind is always active and I can have conversations with myself, debate things, but most of the time when I am in my head it's because I'm bored.

    Do you have any tips on examining ones self?


    EDIT:

    The E / I preference is not related to how you feel around people as such. That is a very common misconception. It's about how you process information you have gathered using the other functions

    An Introvert will process information internally, and will more than likely give you the answer without telling you how they got there. An Extravert is likey to give you some information about the steps they took to get there.

    Both types are just as likely to enjoy being around people. I's tend to need more time to themselves than E's which I guess is where people assume that if you are the life and soul of the party you must be an E or if you sit quietly in the corner you must be an I.


    I must be more of an I then. I don't ever tell people how I came up with what I got. Sometimes I assume they can see it as if it's a plain as day.

  9. #9
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    An E tends to have conversations with themselves by talking to themselves. An I will just sit there and stare into space.

    You really just have to start thinking about what kind of things you notice around you. What goes into your decision making process? What motivates you to do better? How structured is your life? How much of an influence do you have from other people on your life?

    MBTI has really taught me a lot about that once I really started analyzing my life. MBTI shows you your natural tendencies, and your upbringing can have a huge effect on your preferences. I'm just now realizing how much I tried to not be an introvert as I grew up just because I thought it was wrong to enjoy so much time by myself.


  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    12

    Default

    An I will just sit there and stare into space.

    This leads me closer to believing I'm an I.

    What goes into your decision making process?

    Impulse. Then logic, do I need this, what will come from it.
    Will it make me happy, will it entertain me.

    What motivates you to do better?

    To feel better? I don't know. I want to hold myself to a high standard I think.

    How structured is your life?

    A lot when I have freedom. I set up goals and to-do lists. I plan the day out.
    This makes me feel good. If I don't plan stuff out I don't do anything.

    How much of an influence do you have from other people on your life?

    None I don't really let people influence me, I make my own decisions.


    When I have the freedom to do me and be left alone for a bit of the day I think I feel good.

    Being independent is amazing, totally independent.

Similar Threads

  1. Whats my buddys MBTI type?
    By surfing_usa_timez in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 09:50 PM
  2. What is my MBTI type?
    By surfing_usa_timez in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 02:00 PM
  3. HELP!!! What do you think my MBTI type is?
    By Arthur Schopenhauer in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 10:25 PM
  4. Functions Analysis: What's My MBTI Type?
    By 527468 in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 12-22-2010, 02:50 PM
  5. So, what do you think my MBTI type is?
    By Arthur Schopenhauer in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 02:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO