• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ/ENTP

Richard0612

MBTI Type
ENTP
Thanks, that pretty much settles the issue (i.e. I'm most likely ENTP). Although your INTJ'd list describes my younger self (9-12) fairly well. Thanks for all your input (it can be really difficult to analyse yourself objectively, sometimes you need an outside opinion with a clear view).

EDIT: << If ENTP seems most likely (and it certainly does now) I may as well update appropriately. Thanks again for analysing me.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It may seem odd to be questioning two dichotomies at the same time, but hear me out...

When I first took the MBTI online I tested INTJ and thought 'yeah, good fit'. I read the other profiles and thought that the xNTP ones were also quite accurate.

When I took the cognitive processes test, I tested: Ne>Ti=Te>Ni... (I forget the rest). I know that I'm an NT, and I know that I'm intuitive dominant (so that rules out INTP/ENTJ). I also identify more with the Ne descriptions than the Ni ones (I'm much more likely to dream up a new invention or make a play on words than have a flash of insight, although I do have a rich internal world).
The more I read various profiles, the more uncertain I become. It doesn't really bother me, it'd just be interesting to get some outside ideas.

Here are some of my (relevant) traits to help:
  • I'm not really an outgoing person, although I am energised by ideas and thoughts, and like to bounce ideas off people who are willing to listen!
  • I like to spend time alone thinking, although I couldn't do this for long, as I would run out of ideas and would need external stimulus to kickstart my thinking.
  • I don't really care for fixed schedules that cannot be changed (i.e. this is the plan and we stick to it), although I don't like completely random events (well we'll just see what happens), I like to have some idea
  • I can't count the times that I've been called a 'mad scientist' what with me constantly rambling about 'out-there' inventions and plans
  • I pick up on interconnections fairly fast and can see how one set of events connects to another
  • I often speak at 100 miles per hour when I'm excited or passionate, and when I finish most people (Ns included!) are left standing there thinking :wtf: until I explain slower!
  • I have no hesitation in telling people who irritate me or waffle on about nothing to 'get lost' (one of my favourite phrases at the moment is 'ooh, listen... it's the sound of no-one caring'), but I'm perfectly fine in the company of people who don't (and I can pick up on whether they are going to irritate me actively fairly fast), even if I don't really know them.
  • I am highly resistant to doing things 'just because it's tradition' or 'we've always done it this way'. I want a rational reason (even a semblance of one) before I do something. However, I'm not likely to refuse to do something 'just because it's tradition' as this is just as irrational.
  • I don't like your standard party. At all. I feel like a fish out of water (well, more like a fish on the moon). However, give me a large gathering of people sharing ideas about something that I'm interested in (like a science fair or technology show) and you'll have to drag me out!
  • My work area/computer is well-organised, but I'm not obsessive over it.
  • When I write an essay/story/etc. I never really plan unless I have to, I just start writing and see what happens (and 99% of the time it comes out better than when I follow a strict plan)

OK, so what's the diagnosis (and thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings!).

I have been down the same road.

My conclusion was to just go with the cognitive processes result. I scored ENTP, as well. And I identify with all of the profile except for interest in people. But I find that I do, in fact, need new experiences and new adventures to get my creative juices flowing. I've discovered that even in my routines of going to school or work, there was always something new and interesting happening within them. I guess my anxiety and various other problems has more to do with overprotective parents that led me to be underdeveloped than with type.

I find that in social situations, I'm really animated and while I am less proficient with dealing with people in a hospitable manner (Fe), I am very energized by approaching social situations at an unconventional angle.

When confronted with the question of whether I either (A) know many people superficially or (B) know few people deeply, I answer neither. And to be honest, I neither know a lot of people nor know people deeply. I don't really have an interest in knowing them deeply, either. But I do like bouncing my conceptions off of other people to get a reaction.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:laugh: You're INTJ, I tell you. :yes:

Edit: Wait, I think I might be confusing you and Trinity. :unsure: But whatever, you're both INTJs in my book. :D

Hehe, I skimmed everything only reading things that were bolded; the title, the part digest highlighted, my name, or anything shorter than two sentences :D

Still I may be.

elehci

MBTI Type
intj
This is a really old thread, but I was wondering after seeing the OP. Doesn't that mean that you've got Ne/ Ni/ Te/ Ti pretty much working interchangeably at the top? How does that work? Since it wouldn't line up according to function theory. Two of them ought to be your shadow functions meaning that you'd only use them subconsciously wouldn't you?

I've got my functions as Ni > Ne > Ti > Te > Fi and the rest negligible. But I've been pretty curious about the ramifications of such a line-up..

Idontcare

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
This is a really old thread, but I was wondering after seeing the OP. Doesn't that mean that you've got Ne/ Ni/ Te/ Ti pretty much working interchangeably at the top? How does that work? Since it wouldn't line up according to function theory. Two of them ought to be your shadow functions meaning that you'd only use them subconsciously wouldn't you?

I've got my functions as Ni > Ne > Ti > Te > Fi and the rest negligible. But I've been pretty curious about the ramifications of such a line-up..

I was just thinking about this and it seems that most dominant intuitives use both introverted and extraverted functions of intuition. I have seen this pattern with dominant intuitive thinkers. I know I use my Ni nearly as much as my Ne and Ti. My Te is fairly strong but not compared to the first three. Im not sure how this works with shadow functions and everything but it definitely seems to be true.