User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: One more time?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default One more time?

First I have to thank all the people who put up with my other 'Who am I?' thread. Ive gotten a lot of 'The people who struggle the most with their type are probably ISFPs' I wont refute that, but I don't want to be typed due to a statistic.

------
    I think I have a bit more understanding of type and what could help define my own type.

In the past I normally dislike someone first, and then they become a friend or good acquaintance later.

I love weird/countercultur-y things. I quickly fell in love with http:\\Coilhouse - Particularly the cornball and artistic.

When learning about functions, and preferences, I learn better from the examples of the function in use than using definitions.

I relate very well with Ian McConville, the artist for Three Panel Soul

I get stuff done better when I have my own time to do something, and when I have 'elbow room' and freedom to take short breaks whenever.

School is a place for school and schoolwork, home is a place for home and hobbies and games.

I consistently score IxxP on personality quizes. Usually with a lot of balance.

I'm a poor brainstormer, also a poor analyzer, under average circumstances.

I'm pretty sure I have a strong Si, but I don't exactly know the functions well enough to be sure.

I associate best with the INJ child type, next with the IFP type. (http://www.personalitypage.com/kid_info.html

I was always sensitive. Still am though I've grown out of it somewhat. Still very self-conscious though.

Associate well with EnTypes 1, 4, and 9.

I like to ponder on why people do things, that's probably the thing that got me into MBTI.

I find myself erasing something, usually a single word, thinking there's a better way to structure the thought, but I get the idea on how to make how I did it work and rewrite the word I erased and finish the thought.
    ------

Sorry if this is a big dump, I don't know exactly what's pertinent and what's just normal human behavior.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I'm pretty sure I have a strong Si, but I don't exactly know the functions well enough to be sure.

I associate best with the INJ child type, next with the IFP type.
    Just to add to your confusion, I'd like to point out that these observations are polar opposites, at least according to theory.

INJ = Ni dominant

People with strong Ni are expected to have weak Si, and vice versa.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I see what you mean, but I wasn't/am not exactly sure about the functions. I could very well not be INJ or strong Si. *Shrug*
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

-Nightwish

Banned
    MBTI
    type

You're not INTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

How sure are you about your J/P preference? Which way do you think you lean, and I guess you can give your reasons.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

INFP

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Isn't brainstorming usually considered something that comes easily to an INFP? I'm asking because I'm not sure.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Isn't brainstorming usually considered something that comes easily to an INFP? I'm asking because I'm not sure.
    Yeah they think about random crap all the time. It's an NP thang.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

How sure are you about your J/P preference? Which way do you think you lean, and I guess you can give your reasons.
    I think I lean more P, a J would have their plans and plan them out crazy while a P just gets ideas for the sake of them. (Right?) Reason being that I would rather contemplate and understand rather than order and fix. This leads me to pry a lot when I don't understand where someone is coming from

-Nightwish

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I think I lean more P, a J would have their plans and plan them out crazy while a P just gets ideas for the sake of them. (Right?) Reason being that I would rather contemplate and understand rather than order and fix. This leads me to pry a lot when I don't understand where someone is coming from
    Yep. P=concern with input (Intuition in this case), J=concern with output(Making decisions, plans).