Thread: My roommate?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Default My roommate?

I would like you guys to try to type my roomate.... she's kinda weird so its hard to know. She sits in her room a lot talking on the phone, (most of the day), works 6-7 days a week, is really messy, and loves clothes and fashion, music and tv.. ( I can't think of any other interests) She's 26. These facts alone point to a bad ISFP/ESFP to me..

But on top of this, she has kind of a rude and sarcastic sense of humor. She makes fun of the way people talk in conversation, she likes to pick fights with people, (she slashed someones tires who was in our parking space once!!) And she's very guarded to me. I don't have much to back that up except for her voice and her laugh.. She always seems pretty nervous and uptight. And I don't think she sleeps.

Oh, and she seems intimidated by me, and I'm not sure what I do to make her feel that way. (I'm just being nice and friendly all the time.)

(I know the desrciption is not thorough by any means but maybe you can work with it)
    Seems like some other type living in her shadow.... I don't know. Help! (I need to go maybe I can add more examples later..)

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Try out ENFP, see if it fits.

MBTI
    ESTP

Maybe she's a hardcore ISTP.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Could be ESFJ. That description loosely fits the two I know (even the messiness).

Or maybe ESTP...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

ESFJ was my first impression too. She's got that tough on the outside warm and fuzzy on the inside vibe. But she seems to be always running late and frazzled. She doesn't seem to have much of an objective in life, and gets really overwhelmed by deadlines. Which is what scared me away from J..

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

(This is probably a quirk rather than a type thing) The other really odd thing about my roomate is that when I'm speaking to her, I feel like I have to dumb down the conversation a bit. She asks "what do you mean?" a lot when it seemed plain and simple. Like this is a classic example, she wants to go to the nursing school I'm going to, and I told her all the paper work she would need to hand in, and then I said, "The paperwork is due by February 28th. They will give you a list of everything you need at orientation." and I get a, "What do yuo mean, a list of what things?" But at the same time I guess when she went to school to be a medtech she got like a 3.9 GPA~ so I don't get it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    EIE

I would second the ESTP notion. I don't know if I know many ESTPs though. That and people like the one you described usually make me run for the hills. It seems that the E and the P are pretty definite, though.
    I-44 N-88 F-62 J-67

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. -Winston Churchill

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    (This is probably a quirk rather than a type thing) The other really odd thing about my roomate is that when I'm speaking to her, I feel like I have to dumb down the conversation a bit. She asks "what do you mean?" a lot when it seemed plain and simple. Like this is a classic example, she wants to go to the nursing school I'm going to, and I told her all the paper work she would need to hand in, and then I said, "The paperwork is due by February 28th. They will give you a list of everything you need at orientation." and I get a, "What do yuo mean, a list of what things?" But at the same time I guess when she went to school to be a medtech she got like a 3.9 GPA~ so I don't get it.
    It sounds like what she's asking is for you to be more specific. I think I do that sometimes, too. What it means is that I think you may be on to something with the S+J combination.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

True...

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    maybe she wasn't sure what you were talking about...I do that too when someone starts talking about something and I have no clue what he/she is talking about...
    AKA: Choss

It's not theoretically possible

Interesting novel thoughts proliferate

Incessently needing to ponder

I never think practically

It's never too precise

Insane nerds throwing parties

I'm not the problem

I'm not that popular