First 123 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    though... actually Jennifer it wasn't the dark fantasies that surprised me - my ENFJ sister is one of the darkest people I know in that sense so I know Fe types can be like that. The local goth pub is full of NF's!
    I've found the ENFJs to shy away more from the negative as as whole, the INFJs seem more apt to go into the dark places if they go. (I think that's the difference between Ni and Fe as a primary. INFJs imagine it but won't talk about it due to Fe; ENFJs want to be positive due to Fe but can perceive dark undercurrents in people.)

No, it was more the repeated preference for reasoned debate, impersonal expression, logical explanation, together with the general tactlessness in groups. These seem more like T-type preferences to me... admittedly many F's break the mould, but to break all of them at once, consistently... tends to suggest they belong in a different mould!
    She could be INTJ. I wouldn't know. Like I said, I don't think your comments INVALIDATE her as INFJ. That's all. But the T aspect would give more impetus to the impersonal, cold, dark humor. It all depends.

I will say this: I don't see many INTJs insisting they're INFJs, the INTJ would be appalled. I've definitely seen INFJs trying to say they're T's, though.

You're flummoxing me too jennifer, actually - you're suggesting agendas and intentions that hadn't even crossed my mind. I started the thread with a totally open mind wanting input precisely because I hadn't reached any conclusions and felt that my 'criteria' had been challenged, therefore wanting info to help revise them! Quite the opposite of what you're suggesting. It's like you've forgotten how ENTP's work
    Actually, I'm being myself rather than trying to accommodate everyone else and always try to anticipate what they're thinking and doing; I'm telling you just what I see.

It's a nice tightrope, isn't it? <-- omg, I just used a smiley, I must be an F!

In any case, you're "sparring" with me and pushing back as if you disagree. Hence, I'm just letting myself respond that way.

You can assume that both of us are open, but we're both just challenging each other. I'm sure I sound more J than I am here... or at least, it's the Ji coming out.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I will say this: I don't see many INTJs insisting they're INFJs, the INTJ would be appalled. I've definitely seen INFJs trying to say they're T's, though.
    Ah... but I've seen a lot, and it's been talked about a lot here too, women who don't like the idea of being T and so cling to an F identification, and men who insist they're T because they don't want to be a "sissy" F...

In any case, you're "sparring" with me and pushing back as if you disagree. Hence, I'm just letting myself respond that way.
    Uh, well I think you're seeing something that ain't there... I haven't felt like I either was, or wanted to, challenge anyone. I was in a good, cheerful mood, musing and curious, openly asking for advice and information, not claiming to know anything and then all of a sudden you're coming over all stroppy and sarky at me, attributing all these sinister motives and bigoted opinions to me, then saying i started it! I'm kinda bewildered about it all and no longer feeling cheerful or like discussing anything any more
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ah... but I've seen a lot, and it's been talked about a lot here too, women who don't like the idea of being T and so cling to an F identification
    You have?
    Who?

Honestly, I don't remember seeing much like that at all.

and men who insist they're T because they don't want to be a "sissy" F...
    That's men, silly. Of course they insist that.

Uh, well I think you're seeing something that ain't there...
    Oh, it was there.
    Externally.

It just isn't part of your motivation.

But that was the style of dialog.

I was in a good, cheerful mood, musing and curious, openly asking for advice and information, not claiming to know anything and then all of a sudden you're coming over all stroppy and sarky at me, attributing all these sinister motives and bigoted opinions to me, then saying i started it! I'm kinda bewildered about it all and no longer feeling cheerful or like discussing anything any more.
    Lol -- you read stroppy, sarky, sinister, and bigoted in what I said? Wow!

Maybe I should just let destiny takes its course and become the Evil Queen Bitch, the Empress Jennifer who will crush your heart and bring darkness upon your life with her hordes of evil snigglings and drop cold and humorlessness over the face of the land forever!

Bwa ha ha!
    Bwa ha ha!
    Bwa ha ha!

*pauses, waits to see how Sub will interpret that*

So... ya think your friend's a T, huh?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't care who links to it or talks about it! I don't get that attitude of ask if you want to link to me, it's the internet! Of course it might be a blow to the ego if some random person linked to it to take the piss out of my mundane life, but I think I'd survive! Link all you like Linda (I breastfeed my teenager)
    I like her sense of humor.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Gawd Jennifer, how'd ya get to be so smart?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Gawd Jennifer, how'd ya get to be so smart?
    I'm not smart, I just pretend to be an INFJ on the forums!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

You're such an NT, it makes me sick. SICK I tell ya!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Hey, considering you have a blog that's on public webspace with apparently no restrictions to access - are you one of the "yeah, it's public webspace so I don't care who links to it and where" types or are you the "it's only polite to ask me first before linking to me, I'd feel violated and offended if someone I didn't know was talking about my blog without me knowing" types?

to which she replied:

I don't care who links to it or talks about it! I don't get that attitude of ask if you want to link to me, it's the internet! Of course it might be a blow to the ego if some random person linked to it to take the piss out of my mundane life, but I think I'd survive! Link all you like Linda (I breastfeed my teenager)

But, if she really is an INFJ then I'm taking the link off anyway. One of the reasons I've had trouble with this type in the past is what from my POV seems like an obsessive attitude towards their own privacy, equalled only by their ability to justify snooping and stalking on others!!
    I will take her word for it. INFJs mean whatever they said in every sense of the word. As to your "obsession", I think it's your tertiary Fe running away again.

Besides, the violation of privacy issue is more likely to happen for INFPs. It's safe to say she's not that based on her joking remarks. Fi would be horrified.

I think your criteria for weighing INFJ is too rigid.
    Agreed. She could just be an INFJ with a good grasp of Ti.

Keep the act up missy! You might just fool all of us.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    You're such an NT, it makes me sick. SICK I tell ya!

Now I am very pleased.

But... let's not derail this thread.
    We must stay on track, to help sub out.

Sub?
    SUUUUUB?

Sigh.

MBTI
    INFJ

Cool

I can certainly relate to the dark imagination thing. My imagination can be very dark and frightening, my dreams are often scary. I would have made a good horror writer i'm sure.

I'm also very outwardly logical and everyone i've talked to about the myers-briggs system has pegged me as someone with INTJ preferences.

I'm not though. I've been conditioned as a guy to repress my F-side to act more logical and develop my thinking (Which, ironically, may have a lot to do with Fe motivation).

Maybe that's what happened with her. Maybe she is really a T, but was led to indentify more with F than she really does? (Since women are generally pushed more towards F) Just throwing that out there.