User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: xNTJ?

Default xNTJ?

There are quite a few members here at MBTIc who can easily type people even with a relatively small amount of data - and that's why I'm here.

In the last few weeks, I've learned a lot about personality theories, but I'm still unsure about my own type. According to the tests I've taken, I'm somewhere between ENTJ and INTJ; it's pretty hard to determine which one suits me better from the descriptions, so I guess I'll rely on your experience. TY in advance!

I'll try to point out some of my traits which either resemble INTJ or ENTJ, or maybe none of them.

- I have a few friends, and a large amount of acquaintances

- I've noticed that I don't really care about most people (their feelings even less), but if I'm attracted to somebody, or he/she grabs my attention, I become very excited and helpful(!)

- This happens to me on a daily basis: I'm walking to my classroom, and then a stranger stops me just like he does with an old buddy and calls out my name (how does he know?). He begins to talk about things like wheather and whatnot, and I don't even remember seeing his face. Guess I'm pretty popular, but I don't have the slightest clue why. On the other hand, I know only a few people from school.

- I really love to lead, but if I think there is a better candidate for the post, I prefer not to fight with him for leadership.

- I'm not an outgoing type, though there are times when I enjoy drinking with my mates and going to a party.

- A LOT of (sexual ) jokes, a lot of fun - but afterwards, I need to "recharge" alone. I don't mind being alone with my thoughts.

- I can't stand social chitchat, but I love to debate. Starting a conversation is not a problem for me, and I'm pretty good in presenting things - but I feel really awkward when meeting people I didn't know before.

- Some of my acquaintances would propably describe me as arrogant and cynical, but on rare occasions, I have strange emotional "outbursts", and I really like emotional music.

If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them

MBTI
    INTJ

E and I refer to the way we interact with the world and where we direct our energy.
    Functioning in our preference energizes us, and functioning in our opposite can be tiring.

Extraverts tend to act first, then think.
    Introverts tend to think first, then act.
    Which one do you think you do the most?

Es tend to get energized by being with other people.
    Is tend to get energized by being alone.
    Do you know which is more energizing for you?

If you went to a house where there was a party and there were two rooms to choose from: one room had 50 people in it, and one room had 5 people in it, which one would you enter?

Which one can you stand the longest: being alone or being with people?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

You sound like me. I even think our style of writing is similar, somehow. But that might be due to the fact that you say stuff that I agree with, in a way that I understand.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post

- I have a few friends, and a large amount of acquaintances

- I really love to lead, but if I think there is a better candidate for the post, I prefer not to fight with him for leadership.

- A LOT of (sexual ) jokes, a lot of fun - but afterwards, I need to "recharge" alone. I don't mind being alone with my thoughts.

- I can't stand social chitchat, but I love to debate. Starting a conversation is not a problem for me, and I'm pretty good in presenting things - but I feel really awkward when meeting people I didn't know before.

- Some of my acquaintances would propably describe me as arrogant and cynical, but on rare occasions, I have strange emotional "outbursts", and I really like emotional music.
    ^ Are facets of my personality. And I'm most assuredly a Sensor. Might consider trying that on for size. I vote xSTJ.
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

Thanks for the quick answers.

INTJMom: Well then, I'd say I'm pretty balanced.

1. I tend to act first, and then think it over - which I've considered a bad habit before.

2. I'm energized by being alone, other people "drain" me sometimes.

3. If it's 50 strangers and 5 strangers, I guess I'd choose 50... it's more fun in a larger group. But if it's 50 acquaintances and 5 friends, I'd choose the latter.

4. Being alone.

I must be a deviant or something

Quote Originally Posted by MissMurder View Post
    ^ Are facets of my personality. And I'm most assuredly a Sensor. Might consider trying that on for size. I vote xSTJ.
    I didn't think on that before... if I take tests, it's always INTJ or ENTJ.
    I'll leave that option open, I guess.

MBTI
    INTJ

INTJMom: Well then, I'd say I'm pretty balanced.

1. I tend to act first, and then think it over - which I've considered a bad habit before.

2. I'm energized by being alone, other people "drain" me sometimes.

3. If it's 50 strangers and 5 strangers, I guess I'd choose 50... it's more fun in a larger group. But if it's 50 acquaintances and 5 friends, I'd choose the latter.

4. Being alone.

I must be a deviant or something
    Not necessarily.
    Though you do have some deviant desire for "fun"... don't know what THAT'S about!

I think you are mostly an "I" based on those answers.
    re: question #3 - E's can tend to prefer breadth, and I's can tend to prefer depth.
    An "I" would be more likely to choose to be in a room with 5 friends than a room with 50 acquaintances.

I'm curious... how hard is it to get you to a party in the first place? Do you go to every party you're invited to? Do you dread going to parties?

Including the fact that you prefer to let someone more competent than you lead, I would say that you're probably mostly "I".

MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp

I didn't think on that before... if I take tests, it's always INTJ or ENTJ.
    Well, I leave that option open, I guess.
    The tests can mean absolutely nothing. I test out as almost anything. I read somewhere that this is a trait of ISTJs... wish I could remember where. Regardless, best fit typing is the best way to confirm the results of a test.

For example, first I got ENFP. Then I researched it and some worked... a lot didn't. ENTP was next. That one was another slightly close fit, but still incorrect. ENTJ was next. Close, very close... extremely close, but just not right. I read about the SJ temperament and it's true to my motivations, thoughts and behaviors, and the ESTJ type descriptions fit like a glove (though it didn't look like it at first). Even the descriptions of the ETJ child fit my behavior as a kid. Go figure.

It took me... omg, almost a year to figure out my type. And even now I'm open to other possibilities, though I'm confident about my type now.

Here's a link to a test that's more like the MBTI. It actually lets you skip questions you're unsure about. It can make a difference in your results: Skeletus Personality Test

Here's a link to some best fit typing descriptions: Temperament Theory Theory

Here are children's personality types: Personality and Kids

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Including the fact that you prefer to let someone more competent than you lead, I would say that you're probably mostly "I".
    I'd call that being a rational individual.
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

These are really good questions because I too have never been completely sure of whether I was an extravert and an introvert. The MBTI said introvert, but not strongly. Half of the on-line tests that I took called me "isfp," and the other half called me "esfp."
    To answer your questions, I would say that sometimes I act first, while other times, I actually think before acting. I am trying to teach myself to think more. For example, don't just grab for the cookies. Think: do you really need to eat all of those cookies? And right before you go to bed???
    The second question: where does the energy come from, from being with other people or from being alone? Oh boy, there I just don't know. I love being with other people. I love to listen to them tell me stories and I love to do fun stuff with them or rehearse for a choral concert with them. I like their different personalities and ways of looking at the world. I do get energy from that. But then again, I treasure my alone time. I like to take long walks by myself and just look at and touch the things around me. I like to go to art museums by myself because then I can take as long as I want to look at the pictures. I get energy from that, too.
    As far as picking the room in which I prefer to go to for the party, it depends on a number of factors: noise level and the size of the room. I have an auditory processing disorder and lots of competing conversations leave me confused and unable to participate in any activity and incapable of socializing. If the party were outside, the size of the group would be irrelevant because there is no echo effect to be concerned about.
    Last question: which can you stand the longest: being alone or being with people. Despite being characterized as an introvert, I really don't like being alone. If I am alone for too long, I will become depressed and drained of all energy. If I am with a small group of people who get along well, I am happy to be with them day and night. If I am with a noisy crowd, I will want to run away.
    So... what do you think????
    I hope that you're having a good day.
    me

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    E and I refer to the way we interact with the world and where we direct our energy.
    Functioning in our preference energizes us, and functioning in our opposite can be tiring.

Extraverts tend to act first, then think.
    Introverts tend to think first, then act.
    Which one do you think you do the most?

Es tend to get energized by being with other people.
    Is tend to get energized by being alone.
    Do you know which is more energizing for you?

If you went to a house where there was a party and there were two rooms to choose from: one room had 50 people in it, and one room had 5 people in it, which one would you enter?

Which one can you stand the longest: being alone or being with people?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MissMurder View Post
    I'd call that being a rational individual.
    That too!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    These are really good questions because I too have never been completely sure of whether I was an extravert and an introvert. The MBTI said introvert, but not strongly. Half of the on-line tests that I took called me "isfp," and the other half called me "esfp."
    To answer your questions, I would say that sometimes I act first, while other times, I actually think before acting. I am trying to teach myself to think more. For example, don't just grab for the cookies. Think: do you really need to eat all of those cookies? And right before you go to bed???
    The second question: where does the energy come from, from being with other people or from being alone? Oh boy, there I just don't know. I love being with other people. I love to listen to them tell me stories and I love to do fun stuff with them or rehearse for a choral concert with them. I like their different personalities and ways of looking at the world. I do get energy from that. But then again, I treasure my alone time. I like to take long walks by myself and just look at and touch the things around me. I like to go to art museums by myself because then I can take as long as I want to look at the pictures. I get energy from that, too.
    As far as picking the room in which I prefer to go to for the party, it depends on a number of factors: noise level and the size of the room. I have an auditory processing disorder and lots of competing conversations leave me confused and unable to participate in any activity and incapable of socializing. If the party were outside, the size of the group would be irrelevant because there is no echo effect to be concerned about.
    Last question: which can you stand the longest: being alone or being with people. Despite being characterized as an introvert, I really don't like being alone. If I am alone for too long, I will become depressed and drained of all energy. If I am with a small group of people who get along well, I am happy to be with them day and night. If I am with a noisy crowd, I will want to run away.
    So... what do you think????
    I hope that you're having a good day.
    me
    Hmm. I think I'm still not sure.
    I love being alone. I will actually become suicidal if I am constantly with people and don't have any time by myself. It's happened a few times, so I know that's what caused it!

What do you do in your spare time?