User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: xNTJ?

  1. #11
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    I did just read in another thread a few days ago that E's can think better around other people and I's can think better by themselves.
    It seems to me that if you prefer to go to an art museum alone, I presume that would be so that you could be alone with your thoughts.
    That would lean you more toward the "I" side.

  2. #12
    it's tea time! Walking Tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    In my spare time, I play board games with my mom. I also go to rehearsals for a community chorus. I read and I crochet. Also, draw and paint... but I like to paint with other people around, especially a teacher, because I like the critique, which helps me to become a better artist. I like to play the piano or the recorder. Sometimes, I take community education classes. The most recent one was jewelry making. Also, I like to take long walks and take photographs. I've also participated in community theater and I've been in operas. I have been part of story telling groups. Those are a lot of fun because... um... I am a ham, and I love to perform on stage, especially if I get to wear a costume and makeup.
    I do not love being alone but I dislike big crowds even more.
    I hope that you get the alone time that you need!


    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Hmm. I think I'm still not sure.
    I love being alone. I will actually become suicidal if I am constantly with people and don't have any time by myself. It's happened a few times, so I know that's what caused it!

    What do you do in your spare time?
    Last edited by Walking Tourist; 11-12-2008 at 04:37 PM. Reason: add information

  3. #13
    it's tea time! Walking Tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Sometimes, it's fun to go with a friend, especially if we share the same taste in art. It's fun to laugh together at art that we don't like and ooh and ah at stuff that we do like. But, in general, I prefer going by myself because I don't care to be rushed. Also, I like to bring my sketchbook and practice drawing, and most people don't want to wait for me and my sketchbook.
    But you have made some excellent points.


    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I did just read in another thread a few days ago that E's can think better around other people and I's can think better by themselves.
    It seems to me that if you prefer to go to an art museum alone, I presume that would be so that you could be alone with your thoughts.
    That would lean you more toward the "I" side.

  4. #14
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Now I've started to think that I may be a very slightly expressed 'I'...

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I'm curious... how hard is it to get you to a party in the first place? Do you go to every party you're invited to? Do you dread going to parties?
    It was pretty hard. In the first 2 years of high school, lots of people invited me, but I didn't go, because I found it lame and annoying. In my 3rd year, I became a lot more sociable, and eventually started to chill out and have fun. After a few... interesting cases and drunken nights, the whole thing became boring. So here I am - I go out sometimes, but if I don't enjoy things, I don't hesitate to leave immediately.
    On the other hand, I'm behaving very extroverted sometimes, especially in school, because I get bored easily. I'm singing, shouting and joking around, making comments on stupid people and whatever. 5 minutes later, I'm sitting in the corner reading Machiavelli and don't give a shit about anything.
    Now that's what I call strange

    ETA: Oh, I forgot something. Unlike most INTJs, I can express my feelings pretty well, if I want to - which happens rarely.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissMurder View Post
    Regardless, best fit typing is the best way to confirm the results of a test.
    I've read some descriptions about ESTJs (including your link), and though some things sound familiar, I tend to think I'm not an ESTJ because of the following reasons:

    - I don't respect rules or traditions if they don't seem to make sense to me.
    - I don't follow leaders only because they were appointed by someone if they can't live up to my expectations.
    - I tend to look at the future and possibilities instead of the here-and-now.
    - I tolerate abnormality in case it's useful and not completely irrational.

    Thank you both for your help until now

  5. #15
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    On the other hand, I'm behaving very extroverted sometimes, especially in school, because I get bored easily. I'm singing, shouting and joking around, making comments on stupid people and whatever.
    That by itself doesn't make you an extrovert. I do the same thing.
    I even sing and play guitar on stage and LOVE every minute of it.

    I recently found out I am an enneagram four. That happens to explain the weird non-INTJ things about me.
    Here's the best resource page for figuring out your enneagram.
    The Enneagram Type Test
    There is NO direct correlation to MBTI though because they measure different things.

    I still think you are mostly an I.
    Introverts can extravert and extraverts can introvert.
    We all use all the functions.
    What we are trying to determine is which are easiest to use? Which feel more comfortable? Which comes more naturally? Which requires less "work"?

  6. #16
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Guess that makes me an INTJ, problem solved.
    I'm still open to new ideas or concepts, I like to speak with those who are more experienced in personality testing than me.

  7. #17
    Senior Member MissMurder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Oh, I forgot something. Unlike most INTJs, I can express my feelings pretty well, if I want to - which happens rarely.
    I'm good with expressing my emotions as well... if I want to.

    I've read some descriptions about ESTJs (including your link), and though some things sound familiar, I tend to think I'm not an ESTJ because of the following reasons:

    - I don't respect rules or traditions if they don't seem to make sense to me.
    Neither do I. They have to be practical. If they are practical, they will make sense to me. I am arrogant enough to believe that anything that doesn't make sense to me is pretty much worthless.
    - I don't follow leaders only because they were appointed by someone if they can't live up to my expectations.
    It would be stupid to follow an incompetent leader. A potential waste of time. It's just not practical. My expectations are pretty basic though. They just have to be worth following.
    - I tend to look at the future and possibilities instead of the here-and-now.
    For the ESTJ, Ne is the third function. Some ESTJs develop the third function to the point that it overshadows the Si, to the point that they resemble the NT rational. I too look to the future. And I enjoy dabbling in abstract theory, hence my presence here. I simply require it to have some kind of practical application, which the MBTI has when used properly. For the ISTJ, Ne occupies the forth function.
    - I tolerate abnormality in case it's useful and not completely irrational.
    Useful = practical application. Very sensible. Very S.

    The more I see you talk, the more you sound like me. Which could mean that you're an ESTJ, or it could mean that I am whatever you are. Either way, this will be interesting.

    In the Personality and Kids link, did you find a description that fits the way you were during childhood? If so, which one fit?
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

  8. #18
    Senior Member wedekit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Well, just to put this out there: you're either one or the other. I'm interested in how many introverts actually confuse themselves as extraverts. I know many extraverts who believe at some point or another that they are introverts.

    Being an introverted doesn't mean you simply like spending time alone sometimes, it means that you cannot possibly live without being able to escape and recharge.

    Basically what I'm saying is make sure you're not using an additive process when trying to figure this all out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

  9. #19
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    Sometimes when a person's preference isn't extreme, they can have a little trouble deciding,
    or when they don't understand what the differences in the descriptions mean.

  10. #20
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MissMurder View Post
    In the Personality and Kids link, did you find a description that fits the way you were during childhood? If so, which one fit?
    After taking the test, I was told that I'm most propably 'INJ', and out of 15 traits, 13 suits me well.

    I don't want to sound like someone who doesn't want to score as a sensor, because that's not true - I'm really interested in determining my type.

    Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    Being an introverted doesn't mean you simply like spending time alone sometimes, it means that you cannot possibly live without being able to escape and recharge.
    I think I could, which further complicates the situation

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] A Difference Between XNTJ types and XNTP types
    By Mondo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-15-2010, 07:49 PM
  2. [MBTItm] What's wrong with being an xNTJ, anyway?
    By Enyo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 02:27 AM
  3. Hiya, new xNTJ here
    By MedGirl in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 12:45 AM
  4. One more heartless xNTJ
    By Enyo in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 03:37 PM
  5. [NT] xNTP/xNTJ duality, and an issue of degression and evolution
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 05:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO