User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    LoLz

Default I hover around multiple types!

Hi. New to this place! I'm just trying to find my type. Can someone help, please?

I've taken the human metrics test, and I got INTJ most times. Here are my cognitive processes:

Ti - 15
    Te - 14
    Ne - 12
    Fi - 12
    Ni - 12
    Si - 10
    Se - 9
    Fe - 6

I don't mind being away from people for a long time. I'm quick to notice changes in my surroundings, but I don't like much change. I'm more comfortable with what I know, than what I don't know. I don't actively seek out new things. I'm a messy person, but I can muster organization for a goal. I don't like cleaning.

I'm always thinking about something, and I feel like if I can have a week alone to just eat, sleep, and think, I'd be a completely new person. I don't like being pressured to do something, especially something I feel uncomfortable doing. Inconsistencies in schedules bother me. Vague people bother me. I ask a question, don't give me a 3 word answer! My teacher that says we'll do something one day then doesn't bothers me.

I'm not very creative. I don't like brainstorming. The only way I know how to brainstorm is in a linear fashion from a starting point. I always want clear objectives on things, and being stuck on something because I don't know what to do is annoying. I hate doing something over and over again. If it's been set up enough to have to be done over and over again, hire someone to do it! People see me as very predictable, but I don't like being seen as predictable.

I'm love doing complicated math in my head. I figured out how to derive the square of a number one day while I was pumping gas. I take pride in my ability to remember small details, although it creeps other people out. I was just in Barnes and Noble, and if I had my way, I'd spend every day, all day there, picking up one book, skimming through it, putting it down and going to the next. I'd want a notebook and a laptop though!

I'd rather remember things in my head than write it down as a way of staying organized. If I forget it, then it was irrelevant obviously! I lost 100 lbs last year because I was capable of setting a planned course of eating and stuck to it. I can barely do that now though. A lot of people tell me I'm critical and too hypothetical. I procrastinate a lot. I write essays easily as you can see, and I love proofreading writing.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Ignoring results and just going by your description. I'll say definitely T and J. I'm leaning towards S. Your results suggest N though.

So a question for you. What type do you think you're the closest to and why? What have you done so far to discover your type? And why you're interested in finding out?

Oops, that's 3 questions not 1. Ah well!

In case you're wondering, the process tells a lot about the person. It'll help type you.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Possible ISTJ? Bit of a stretch, though. INTJ still sounds plausible also.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Ignoring results and just going by your description. I'll say definitely T and J. I'm leaning towards S. Your results suggest N though.

So a question for you. What type do you think you're the closest to and why? What have you done so far to discover your type? And why you're interested in finding out?

Oops, that's 3 questions not 1. Ah well!

In case you're wondering, the process tells a lot about the person. It'll help type you.
    Well, I took the MBTI first at my college. It came out INTJ. So, I started reading about the type online the subsequent weeks. I read a couple personality profiles. It eventually led me to the INTJ forum which I started participating a lot in. I eventually found the INTP forum, but I don't really find it nearly as interesting as the INTJ forum.

Skimming over the INTJ forum, I learned about the relationship between the different functions and each type. For once, I found people that wanted to talk about details and...stuff! It was addicting. I started reading about the I types, and then found about the interaction styles.

Chart the Course seems a lot like me because I seem to want a direction to go. I think that's why I'm so into this. I feel like it can help me understand myself at a much deeper level giving some clarity and aim. Right now, I feel aimless, honestly. Everyone around me tells me I'm too serious, too rigid, and analyze too much.

I've gotten Do What You Are and Type Talk at Work to read, which I've been skimming around randomly. I find myself flipping through the book during my English class instead of paying attention to my teacher. However, in my math class, I'm bored just because I feel the teacher doesn't go fast enough. I took the MBTI again at my college, but this time from a test they administer, not a website. It came out INTJ again, and I learned there about the MBTI certifications because the lady was certified. It's $3000!

I'm in college right now, trying to decide on a career. I thought everything was all in place, until I got to college and had to decide on a career. Suddenly, I feel like the things that gave me security my entire life aren't living up to the challenge. If I want to go toward a career, I feel I should be interested in it right this second. That usually knocks away all of my choices, causing me to be aimless. Although, I tried working on my sister's computer the other day, and I saw 3 hours go by REALLY fast. I was like, wtf, I need to eat, I think.

That's why I'm so into this right now. I seek clarity about myself. Isn't that what others want also? My friend thinks I'd make a great boyfriend because I spend so much time analyzing my feelings.

I'd have to say I identify the most with ISTP, with INTP being next, then ISTJ. I pretty much agree with descriptions about ISTP, except I'm not impulsive, and I'm not into sports. One quote regarding INTP said, 'I know what I need to know about this topic; I may even know more than my teacher. The teacher made this test, and this test is dumb. Therefore, my teacher is dumb, and I will not do the test.' I find myself thinking like that a lot. If someone else's logic isn't right, why do I have to do what they tell me to unless it's work?

I identify with the ISTJ's sense of duty. I'd rather be someone's support than be the person in charge. I have a hard time saying no to people asking me to do something. I often end up with many obligations and no way around them because I'm afraid to confront the person. Like the other day, I was at work, and a supervisor came out of a stock room carrying pieces of a heavy table. She was talking to another supervisor and someone else, and the first thing I noticed when I scanned the area was what she was carrying. I immediately thought it was too heavy a load for her, and offered to take it over where she needed it. I even put together the table for her just because I wanted to.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Based only on the thread title and nightning's post, I'll say ISTJ more likely than not, because

1. INTJs are skilled at figuring out their type on their own
    2. ISTJs are not (or self-deny type)
    3. Your OP is tl;dr.
    4. You don't know what tl;dr means, maybe.

MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Based only on the thread title and nightning's post, I'll say ISTJ more likely than not, because

1. INTJs are skilled at figuring out their type on their own
    2. ISTJs are not (or self-deny type)
    3. Your OP is tl;dr.
    4. You don't know what tl;dr means, maybe.
    I'll go with Jack's assessment that ISTJ is more likely but those reasons are pure BS.

The basis of my choice is in the way you've described what you did. Very systematical, point to point and factual. (ST) The decisiveness of your likes and dislikes and you preference for order strongly points to J. I'll take it you know you're introverted... so the end result is ISTJ.

MBTI
    LoLz

I just find it weird how I'm an istj, yet I'm not this "natural organizer" people make them out to be. I'm messy and procrastinate a lot.

MBTI
    INfj

Not all Js are neat freaks... my place for one is a natural disaster zone. And you have but see this to see how on task I'm at everything.

MBTI
    LoLz

I'm not neat, but I get such a rush from being able to completely reorganize something from the ground up. At the department store I work at, if I have the time to completely retool a sock wall, or rearrange a clearance area, I love it. I then scold every customer for ruining my hard work.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Hm, from reading all this, you could be an "different INTJ" like myself, maybe.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O