• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I hover around multiple types!

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Hi. New to this place! I'm just trying to find my type. Can someone help, please?

I've taken the human metrics test, and I got INTJ most times. Here are my cognitive processes:

Ti - 15
Te - 14
Ne - 12
Fi - 12
Ni - 12
Si - 10
Se - 9
Fe - 6

I don't mind being away from people for a long time. I'm quick to notice changes in my surroundings, but I don't like much change. I'm more comfortable with what I know, than what I don't know. I don't actively seek out new things. I'm a messy person, but I can muster organization for a goal. I don't like cleaning.

I'm always thinking about something, and I feel like if I can have a week alone to just eat, sleep, and think, I'd be a completely new person. I don't like being pressured to do something, especially something I feel uncomfortable doing. Inconsistencies in schedules bother me. Vague people bother me. I ask a question, don't give me a 3 word answer! My teacher that says we'll do something one day then doesn't bothers me.

I'm not very creative. I don't like brainstorming. The only way I know how to brainstorm is in a linear fashion from a starting point. I always want clear objectives on things, and being stuck on something because I don't know what to do is annoying. I hate doing something over and over again. If it's been set up enough to have to be done over and over again, hire someone to do it! People see me as very predictable, but I don't like being seen as predictable.

I'm love doing complicated math in my head. I figured out how to derive the square of a number one day while I was pumping gas. I take pride in my ability to remember small details, although it creeps other people out. I was just in Barnes and Noble, and if I had my way, I'd spend every day, all day there, picking up one book, skimming through it, putting it down and going to the next. I'd want a notebook and a laptop though!

I'd rather remember things in my head than write it down as a way of staying organized. If I forget it, then it was irrelevant obviously! I lost 100 lbs last year because I was capable of setting a planned course of eating and stuck to it. I can barely do that now though. A lot of people tell me I'm critical and too hypothetical. I procrastinate a lot. I write essays easily as you can see, and I love proofreading writing.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Ignoring results and just going by your description. I'll say definitely T and J. I'm leaning towards S. Your results suggest N though.

So a question for you. What type do you think you're the closest to and why? What have you done so far to discover your type? And why you're interested in finding out?

Oops, that's 3 questions not 1. Ah well! :alttongue:

In case you're wondering, the process tells a lot about the person. It'll help type you. :)

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Possible ISTJ? Bit of a stretch, though. INTJ still sounds plausible also.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Ignoring results and just going by your description. I'll say definitely T and J. I'm leaning towards S. Your results suggest N though.

So a question for you. What type do you think you're the closest to and why? What have you done so far to discover your type? And why you're interested in finding out?

Oops, that's 3 questions not 1. Ah well! :alttongue:

In case you're wondering, the process tells a lot about the person. It'll help type you. :)

Well, I took the MBTI first at my college. It came out INTJ. So, I started reading about the type online the subsequent weeks. I read a couple personality profiles. It eventually led me to the INTJ forum which I started participating a lot in. I eventually found the INTP forum, but I don't really find it nearly as interesting as the INTJ forum.

Skimming over the INTJ forum, I learned about the relationship between the different functions and each type. For once, I found people that wanted to talk about details and...stuff! It was addicting. I started reading about the I types, and then found about the interaction styles.

Chart the Course seems a lot like me because I seem to want a direction to go. I think that's why I'm so into this. I feel like it can help me understand myself at a much deeper level giving some clarity and aim. Right now, I feel aimless, honestly. Everyone around me tells me I'm too serious, too rigid, and analyze too much.

I've gotten Do What You Are and Type Talk at Work to read, which I've been skimming around randomly. I find myself flipping through the book during my English class instead of paying attention to my teacher. However, in my math class, I'm bored just because I feel the teacher doesn't go fast enough. I took the MBTI again at my college, but this time from a test they administer, not a website. It came out INTJ again, and I learned there about the MBTI certifications because the lady was certified. It's $3000!

I'm in college right now, trying to decide on a career. I thought everything was all in place, until I got to college and had to decide on a career. Suddenly, I feel like the things that gave me security my entire life aren't living up to the challenge. If I want to go toward a career, I feel I should be interested in it right this second. That usually knocks away all of my choices, causing me to be aimless. Although, I tried working on my sister's computer the other day, and I saw 3 hours go by REALLY fast. I was like, wtf, I need to eat, I think.

That's why I'm so into this right now. I seek clarity about myself. Isn't that what others want also? My friend thinks I'd make a great boyfriend because I spend so much time analyzing my feelings.

I'd have to say I identify the most with ISTP, with INTP being next, then ISTJ. I pretty much agree with descriptions about ISTP, except I'm not impulsive, and I'm not into sports. One quote regarding INTP said, 'I know what I need to know about this topic; I may even know more than my teacher. The teacher made this test, and this test is dumb. Therefore, my teacher is dumb, and I will not do the test.' I find myself thinking like that a lot. If someone else's logic isn't right, why do I have to do what they tell me to unless it's work?

I identify with the ISTJ's sense of duty. I'd rather be someone's support than be the person in charge. I have a hard time saying no to people asking me to do something. I often end up with many obligations and no way around them because I'm afraid to confront the person. Like the other day, I was at work, and a supervisor came out of a stock room carrying pieces of a heavy table. She was talking to another supervisor and someone else, and the first thing I noticed when I scanned the area was what she was carrying. I immediately thought it was too heavy a load for her, and offered to take it over where she needed it. I even put together the table for her just because I wanted to.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Based only on the thread title and nightning's post, I'll say ISTJ more likely than not, because

1. INTJs are skilled at figuring out their type on their own
2. ISTJs are not (or self-deny type)
3. Your OP is tl;dr.
4. You don't know what tl;dr means, maybe.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Based only on the thread title and nightning's post, I'll say ISTJ more likely than not, because

1. INTJs are skilled at figuring out their type on their own
2. ISTJs are not (or self-deny type)
3. Your OP is tl;dr.
4. You don't know what tl;dr means, maybe.

I'll go with Jack's assessment that ISTJ is more likely but those reasons are pure BS. :alttongue:

The basis of my choice is in the way you've described what you did. Very systematical, point to point and factual. (ST) The decisiveness of your likes and dislikes and you preference for order strongly points to J. I'll take it you know you're introverted... so the end result is ISTJ.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I just find it weird how I'm an istj, yet I'm not this "natural organizer" people make them out to be. I'm messy and procrastinate a lot.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Not all Js are neat freaks... my place for one is a natural disaster zone. And you have but see this to see how on task I'm at everything. ;)

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I'm not neat, but I get such a rush from being able to completely reorganize something from the ground up. At the department store I work at, if I have the time to completely retool a sock wall, or rearrange a clearance area, I love it. I then scold every customer for ruining my hard work.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Hm, from reading all this, you could be an "different INTJ" like myself, maybe. :D

cloakofsnow

MBTI Type
INFx
In response to the OP:

How introverted would you say you are?

The reason I ask is that I think when IxxPs are extremely introverted, they may appear to be like Js because they're over-using their dominant function -- which would be a judging function. An INTP who is extremely introverted will probably look like an ISTJ because the functions he is using most is Ti and Si because they're both in the inner world.

The reason why INTPs have the reputation for being "P-ish" is because of the use of auxiliary Ne. But an extremely introverted INTP would probably not use Ne much.

Edit: By the way, from what you've written so far, it seems your dominant function is Thinking.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
how do I rate my introverted-ness? I'm still not even clear on exactly what it means. All I really know is, "I regain energy by being alone"

Before I started working at this department store, I was pretty darn introverted. I was indifferent to everyone else, but I was still able to maintain conversations and people apparently thought I was a good confidant. Working at this department store made me 100x more social. It's really really hard to not socialize at work. I could easily spend an entire day on my computer. I mean, I was in a depression for 6 years where I only used my computer, and it didn't bother me at all.

I had this plan yesterday to wake up early and get a lot done. I woke up at 10 am, and didn't leave the house until around 2 because I found a bunch of things online I wanted to read and do instead.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see that you've put yourself as ISTJ for now. I'm not going to judge you, since you're better off looking at yourself, but in case you were wondering: most of us ISTJs don't think the descriptions tests give us fit well. A lot of it does fit, but there are some things in those we may take issue with. But for me, the descriptions of the other types are even less accurate, and that's how I figure it's the right one.

Last edited:

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Yeah, well, it was terrifying to call myself an ISTJ. I really wanted to be like hte NTs, but I'm not them. I've come to realize that there are a few versions of me. When I'm intentionally trying to change my attitude, I can come off as an INTJ, INTP or ISTP easily. However, when my focus gets on something, and I can't be that intentional about my attitude, the ISTJ comes out. I start taking things literally, I get critical, and become this logical empathic person.

The ISTJ cognitive processes really do describe me. I just downplay them because of my perfectionism and the fact that I do them all so automatically. My Ti, Ne, and Ni are definitely developed though from excessive online time, although not nearly as potent as NTs.

MissMurder

MBTI Type
eSTP
It's amazing how frightening it is to actually call yourself an SJ.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Perhaps the biggest thing that bothers us ISTJs (and others can probably imagine why) about our type description is that we are classified as "Guardians" as opposed to "Rationals", implying that we're more protective than we are rational. It's not "type envy", just that in their description they are praised for being rational, and we pretty much all consider ourselves rational. We're wondering why that's overlooked in descriptions...:(

Also, most of us don't see ourselves as "protectors and maintainers of institutions" the way the tests say. We've said if a way of doing things becomes outdated, pointless, and counterproductive, we want to dump it for something better. We may like routine, but not at that price. I think the SJ aspect for us has more to do with desiring order and structure within our own lives.

I'm hyper-generalizing, since there are a handful of ISTJs on the board, but I hope this helps you understand how you may or may not be an ISTJ, whichever it is for you. Either way, it's just a type, with its strengths and its weaknesses. Now they can be identified and dealt with.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Just for the record, raz... and btw welcome to the forum... don't jump at that ISTJ thing quite yet.
I think there's still a great possibility that you are actually ISTP not J.
Good at sports is a stereotype.

The stereotype doesn't fit every person perfectly.

I take it back.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, well, it was terrifying to call myself an ISTJ. I really wanted to be like hte NTs, but I'm not them. I've come to realize that there are a few versions of me. When I'm intentionally trying to change my attitude, I can come off as an INTJ, INTP or ISTP easily. However, when my focus gets on something, and I can't be that intentional about my attitude, the ISTJ comes out. I start taking things literally, I get critical, and become this logical empathic person.

The ISTJ cognitive processes really do describe me. I just downplay them because of my perfectionism and the fact that I do them all so automatically. My Ti, Ne, and Ni are definitely developed though from excessive online time, although not nearly as potent as NTs.
Describe how your perfectionism affects your every day life.

Explain what you mean by "excessive online time". What do you do online? Are you playing games, or what?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
how do I rate my introverted-ness? I'm still not even clear on exactly what it means. All I really know is, "I regain energy by being alone"

Before I started working at this department store, I was pretty darn introverted. I was indifferent to everyone else, but I was still able to maintain conversations and people apparently thought I was a good confidant. Working at this department store made me 100x more social. It's really really hard to not socialize at work. I could easily spend an entire day on my computer. I mean, I was in a depression for 6 years where I only used my computer, and it didn't bother me at all.

I had this plan yesterday to wake up early and get a lot done. I woke up at 10 am, and didn't leave the house until around 2 because I found a bunch of things online I wanted to read and do instead.
I take it back... I'm thinking INTP.