User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFx

In response to the OP:

How introverted would you say you are?

The reason I ask is that I think when IxxPs are extremely introverted, they may appear to be like Js because they're over-using their dominant function -- which would be a judging function. An INTP who is extremely introverted will probably look like an ISTJ because the functions he is using most is Ti and Si because they're both in the inner world.

The reason why INTPs have the reputation for being "P-ish" is because of the use of auxiliary Ne. But an extremely introverted INTP would probably not use Ne much.

Edit: By the way, from what you've written so far, it seems your dominant function is Thinking.

MBTI
    LoLz

how do I rate my introverted-ness? I'm still not even clear on exactly what it means. All I really know is, "I regain energy by being alone"

Before I started working at this department store, I was pretty darn introverted. I was indifferent to everyone else, but I was still able to maintain conversations and people apparently thought I was a good confidant. Working at this department store made me 100x more social. It's really really hard to not socialize at work. I could easily spend an entire day on my computer. I mean, I was in a depression for 6 years where I only used my computer, and it didn't bother me at all.

I had this plan yesterday to wake up early and get a lot done. I woke up at 10 am, and didn't leave the house until around 2 because I found a bunch of things online I wanted to read and do instead.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I see that you've put yourself as ISTJ for now. I'm not going to judge you, since you're better off looking at yourself, but in case you were wondering: most of us ISTJs don't think the descriptions tests give us fit well. A lot of it does fit, but there are some things in those we may take issue with. But for me, the descriptions of the other types are even less accurate, and that's how I figure it's the right one.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 11-13-2008 at 03:11 AM. Reason: clearer sentence
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    LoLz

Yeah, well, it was terrifying to call myself an ISTJ. I really wanted to be like hte NTs, but I'm not them. I've come to realize that there are a few versions of me. When I'm intentionally trying to change my attitude, I can come off as an INTJ, INTP or ISTP easily. However, when my focus gets on something, and I can't be that intentional about my attitude, the ISTJ comes out. I start taking things literally, I get critical, and become this logical empathic person.

The ISTJ cognitive processes really do describe me. I just downplay them because of my perfectionism and the fact that I do them all so automatically. My Ti, Ne, and Ni are definitely developed though from excessive online time, although not nearly as potent as NTs.

MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp

It's amazing how frightening it is to actually call yourself an SJ.
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Perhaps the biggest thing that bothers us ISTJs (and others can probably imagine why) about our type description is that we are classified as "Guardians" as opposed to "Rationals", implying that we're more protective than we are rational. It's not "type envy", just that in their description they are praised for being rational, and we pretty much all consider ourselves rational. We're wondering why that's overlooked in descriptions...

Also, most of us don't see ourselves as "protectors and maintainers of institutions" the way the tests say. We've said if a way of doing things becomes outdated, pointless, and counterproductive, we want to dump it for something better. We may like routine, but not at that price. I think the SJ aspect for us has more to do with desiring order and structure within our own lives.

I'm hyper-generalizing, since there are a handful of ISTJs on the board, but I hope this helps you understand how you may or may not be an ISTJ, whichever it is for you. Either way, it's just a type, with its strengths and its weaknesses. Now they can be identified and dealt with.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Just for the record, raz... and btw welcome to the forum... don't jump at that ISTJ thing quite yet.
    I think there's still a great possibility that you are actually ISTP not J.
    Good at sports is a stereotype.

The stereotype doesn't fit every person perfectly.

I take it back.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Yeah, well, it was terrifying to call myself an ISTJ. I really wanted to be like hte NTs, but I'm not them. I've come to realize that there are a few versions of me. When I'm intentionally trying to change my attitude, I can come off as an INTJ, INTP or ISTP easily. However, when my focus gets on something, and I can't be that intentional about my attitude, the ISTJ comes out. I start taking things literally, I get critical, and become this logical empathic person.

The ISTJ cognitive processes really do describe me. I just downplay them because of my perfectionism and the fact that I do them all so automatically. My Ti, Ne, and Ni are definitely developed though from excessive online time, although not nearly as potent as NTs.
    Describe how your perfectionism affects your every day life.

Explain what you mean by "excessive online time". What do you do online? Are you playing games, or what?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    how do I rate my introverted-ness? I'm still not even clear on exactly what it means. All I really know is, "I regain energy by being alone"

Before I started working at this department store, I was pretty darn introverted. I was indifferent to everyone else, but I was still able to maintain conversations and people apparently thought I was a good confidant. Working at this department store made me 100x more social. It's really really hard to not socialize at work. I could easily spend an entire day on my computer. I mean, I was in a depression for 6 years where I only used my computer, and it didn't bother me at all.

I had this plan yesterday to wake up early and get a lot done. I woke up at 10 am, and didn't leave the house until around 2 because I found a bunch of things online I wanted to read and do instead.
    I take it back... I'm thinking INTP.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I take it back... I'm thinking INTP.
    No. (And yes they do)