User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Type confusion

MBTI
    INXJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom
    My friend is a pretty hard-headed ESTJ! But since I'm a pretty hard-headed INTJ we get along okay. I like not having to walk around on egg shells worrying that I might hurt his feelings. He can be his bold, brusque, highly-opinionated self, and I don't get offended either.
    I am working toward having that type of relationship with my wife. Lol. Personality typing really has helped us understand each other and how to deal with each other.
    Men's natures are alike, it is their habits that carry them far apart. -- Confucius

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by falling2fast View Post
    I am working toward having that type of relationship with my wife. Lol. Personality typing really has helped us understand each other and how to deal with each other.
    Yes, well, I'm not married to him! LOL!

Have you seen this enneagram site?
    I found it the most comprehensive, and others have said they trust its accuracy.
    The Enneagram Type Test

MBTI
    INXJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom
    Have you seen this enneagram site?
    I found it the most comprehensive, and others have said they trust its accuracy.
    The Enneagram Type Test

It does seem that I am naturally a type 1. That would explain me shifting to the 2 to survive.
    Men's natures are alike, it is their habits that carry them far apart. -- Confucius

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It does seem that I am naturally a type 1. That would explain me shifting to the 2 to survive.
    Yay!

If I was a J, I'd be, like, "There we go, case closed." (Instead, I'm like, "That's probably it... but we haven't yet beaten all the options to death.")

It sounds like a solid theory, though.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Feeling/Intuition Introvert. INFJ. Certainty 4/5.

MBTI
    INXJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak
    Feeling/Intuition Introvert. INFJ. Certainty 4/5.

Out of curiosity, what makes you say that? My wife and I were going back and forth about T/F. Here are some things I came up with to consider:

• I have both the NT cold, detached, rationalize everything side and the NF compassionate, understanding, patient side.
    • I mostly think myself through situations, problems, etc. I can also feel myself through situations. I do tend to trust logic over insight; although, I do act on my instinct more than I realize. I tend to not trust myself as much as I should.
    • I am more comfortable in the presence of an NT over that of an NF. I can relate with both but probably not either.
    • The motivation behind an action means more to me than the action itself.
    • I dream about and long for a time when I can feel nothing and be completely autonomous.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Out of curiosity, what makes you say that? My wife and I were going back and forth about T/F. Here are some things I came up with to consider:

• I have both the NT cold, detached, rationalize everything side and the NF compassionate, understanding, patient side.
    • I mostly think myself through situations, problems, etc. I can also feel myself through situations. I do tend to trust logic over insight; although, I do act on my instinct more than I realize. I tend to not trust myself as much as I should.
    • I am more comfortable in the presence of an NT over that of an NF. I can relate with both but probably not either.
    • The motivation behind an action means more to me than the action itself.
    • I dream about and long for a time when I can feel nothing and be completely autonomous.
    There are many reasons which can't be explained in a few words, but primarily consider that when you are using your logic engine, aka Thinking, emotion isn't necessarily involved. You can't finish a mathematics exam with emotional judgment (Feeling).

What seems to be the case to me is that your typical concerns are emotional, but just like everyone (well almost everyone) you use Thinking when it's the applicable tool.

You not being conscious of the above due to a preference for F would be another reason for my typing you F. (INTJs rarely think they might be INFJ).

MBTI
    INXJ

Does anyone know about my X questions earlier? Also does anyone know if how you dream is affected by N/S or T/F functions? Are there resources I could trust concerning these topics?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Does anyone know about my X questions earlier? Also does anyone know if how you dream is affected by N/S or T/F functions? Are there resources I could trust concerning these topics?
    Wow, broseph. It's 9/10 now.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

My INTJ husband believes dreams are something to do with blood flow to the brain or something like that. I don't think dreaming has anything to do with what type you are. This information might be useful.
    Time is a delicate mistress.