Thread: Type Ambiguity

MBTI
    onto
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Between the ages of 8 and 18 did you mostly not consider the feelings of other people when speaking or making decisions?
    Is the answer to this question a conclusive evidence of T/F preference?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bufo View Post
    Between the ages of 8 and 18 did you mostly not consider the feelings of other people when speaking or making decisions?
    I wouldn't say any single answer of any single question is conclusive evidence.
    I am collecting the answers and assigning them varying values in my mind. When I feel like I have finally collected enough evidence, then I will feel comfortable enough to offer my opinion.

A person's type can influence the way they hear the question and what they think it means.
    The way they answer can give just as much information as the answer itself.
    It's my goal to speak the individual's language, so that I can make sure I am getting the answers I need.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

It's probably more like within the eighth and eighteenth years, there's a less likely chance that your functions might have balanced out due to age. Before that, obviously, there isn't much definition or substantiality in personality.

Would you say you can relate more to my friend's way of being or would you say you have been more like me in your life - particularly between the ages of say, 8 and 18? Btw, if you don't mind, how old are you?
    Well, I'm certainly not like your friend. I could say I'm more similar to you, since I don't believe much of anything can be determined accurately if any bias or emotion is involved. Especially emotion, since it changes so often and has no long-term reliance.

Also, I'm fifteen. Heehee.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Airporte View Post
    It's probably more like within the eighth and eighteenth years, there's a less likely chance that your functions might have balanced out due to age. Before that, obviously, there isn't much definition or substantiality in personality.

Well, I'm certainly not like your friend. I could say I'm more similar to you, since I don't believe much of anything can be determined accurately if any bias or emotion is involved. Especially emotion, since it changes so often and has no long-term reliance.

Also, I'm fifteen. Heehee.
    After the age of 25, your results tend to get thrown off because of the development of previously lesser used functions.

Ok. So we have IxTP.

Name all the things you do for fun in your spare time.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I... go online.

Draw--sporadically. (Though it's more like doodling than anything else.)

Occasionally listen to music.

I might watch TV, but I prefer the silence.

I fleetingly think of observing ants one day, but it rarely crosses my mind until I see them.

And every once in a while play a videogame.

I don't have very many hobbies... Hmm.

MBTI
    INTJ

I... go online.

Draw--sporadically. (Though it's more like doodling than anything else.)

Occasionally listen to music.

I might watch TV, but I prefer the silence.

I fleetingly think of observing ants one day, but it rarely crosses my mind until I see them.

And every once in a while play a videogame.

I don't have very many hobbies... Hmm.
    Thank you.
    If you were an ISTP, you might have at least one hobby where you do something like trick biking, skateboarding, rollerblading, running, etc.
    So based on your more sedentary hobbies, I am going to say that it's probably most likely that you are an INTP, which is what you thought in the first place. I read through many of your posts. Dissonance thought your were an Fe user. Based on that, and what you have said about yourself, you are most likely INTP.

If you start feeling like you want to verify it again, I would go to the library and get some books. You are the best judge of your type. The online tests are somewhat hit or miss.

Welcome to the forum.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Well, that's very efficient of you, to go through my posts, even.

Thank you for your time!

So, I just happen to act a bit atypically from the normal INTP, then. My somewhat anomalic tendencies kind of confused me for a while, but if you've been through all the information I gave, then maybe not.

MBTI
    INTJ

Well, that's very efficient of you, to go through my posts, even.

Thank you for your time!

So, I just happen to act a bit atypically from the normal INTP, then. My somewhat anomalic tendencies kind of confused me for a while, but if you've been through all the information I gave, then maybe not.
    It takes more than just MB Type to describe a person. You are more complicated than that. While there is a core of stereotypical behavior that most INTPs might share for instance, as Carl Jung said, which I quote in my signature, "Every individual is an exception to the rule." No type description describes any one person 100%. MBTT describes tendencies, and in doing that, it can be useful for understanding yourself and others. I tell people that their type description should suit them about 85-90%.

But lest we leave any stone unturned, why do you think you are atypical from most INTPs?

And, you are quite welcome.

MBTI
    INTJ

There are at least 480 INTPs who are members on this board. In the year I have been here, I have noticed that INTPs can be very different from each other. It's easier to spot the "extreme" ones. After you've been here a while, you'll probably notice the vast differences just in that one type.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I did not intend to diminish anyone else's talent by my comment. I only hoped to engender Airporte's trust - at least to the end that it would be considered worth the time of answering my post.
    A strategic maneuver then. I would salute you, but the high degree of obviousness in your strategy could be a problem. There is caution to be had.

I suppose I could stand being alone longer.

Well, maybe consider isn't the right word. I'd say it's more like figuring how people feel, and then deciding whether or not I should follow through with their thoughts if it's necessary in the situation, or ignore them and persist with what I was doing.

I'd say that when I was a lot younger, people's opinions would sway me to some extent, but that was when I was like... five, but I was obviously very young, so I would, either way.

Now, I'd say I more puruse whatever it is that I'm going to do, regardless of others' feelings. But I always thought that to be more me wanting my way rather than something objective.

Yup.
    INTP