• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Confused..INFP or ENFP???

michelle324

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have just begun to explore all of this and I found two online test. One said I'm INFP and the other ENFP. The NFP is definitely me.

My family would say that I'm certainly an extravert because I've never met a stranger and can talk to anyone without an iota of shyness.

However, I can spend days, weeks even months without socializing with anyone but my closest friends/family and be completely happy. I have to be alone to think things through when a decision has to be made. I come across like the life of the party when in a group, but will be worn out for the next two days.

When first meeting me people seem to react in one of two ways. They either want to be my new best friend or take an immediate dislike to me. I do catch myself being a little guarded with certain types. I always dated the "bad boys" until I married my good guy husband and we have been happy for 27 years.

My hobbies are needlework, dancing, genealogy, reading, cooking, writing, and watching sports..especially football and motorsports.

I know this being long would indicate extraversion, but I'm trying to give as much information as possible to see what you guys think.

and if your first reaction is I'm weird...heard it before!LOL

Thanks in Advance

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hey...i made this post last week! haha
i tested the same way...but after being here a bit i am positive of my enfpness haha...look around and read the posts of those types and see which you identify most with...that and mr. jack flak convinced me :D

also...thinking about rather or not it required effort to be social when in public or did i feed off of it and feel energized by it
and realizing when i'm alone...i'm just peaceful and reflective...but not at all energized by it...i'm actually quite lazy by myself....i need /want people to do things with

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I would guess ENFP here, but it's not so clear as with erinavery. :D

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People have been saying that ENP's can seem like introverts. Has something to do with extraverted iNtuition being the dominant function. It's about exploring possibilities and such, and this can be done in one's own head, so the person may be more likely than other extraverted types to seem like an introvert. And then you said it was for periods, and otherwise you are more social. So that would be ultimately more extraverted and thus fit.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Your post doesn't scream ENFP, but many MANY ENFPs feel like introverts. Extroversion is not about being social. Case in point: I am the least social in my group of friends, all of whom are introverts. Forgive me if you already know this, but what you want to determine is whether extroverted intuition or introverted feeling is your dominant function. You can read about them here: Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes

Here's a random question that may help: In emergency situations, are you immobile and indecisive or at your best? ENFPs are able to interact directly with their environments without going through a judging filter, and thus tend to be better in emergency situations requiring immediate action. INFPs are not so good at this.

Good luck!

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Here's a random question that may help: In emergency situations, are you immobile and indecisive or at your best? ENFPs are able to interact directly with their environments without going through a judging filter, and thus tend to be better in emergency situations requiring immediate action. INFPs are not so good at this.

Good luck!

ohhh. yea that is true of me...

im totally thrive in emergency situations. i.e. talking to cops trying to bust me/us, game/sport situations... everything just slows down and it seems like everything works out to the best possible situation. Not 100% of the time, but a good 90% of the time.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
ohhh. yea that is true of me...

im totally thrive in emergency situations. i.e. talking to cops trying to bust me/us, game/sport situations... everything just slows down and it seems like everything works out to the best possible situation. Not 100% of the time, but a good 90% of the time.

Yeah, like Max Payne.

michelle324

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thank you for all the help! After reading your responses and researching more I realize I am more extrovert, although I prefer working alone instead of a group. I do prefer to socialize in a group!

Also, another clue I thought about yesterday. My friend is definitely an INFP and she hates for anyone to call or drop by when she has planned time alone. I enjoy being alone, but if someone comes by WONDERFUL...I can get alone time later!

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
I came out as an INFP too, but I'm definitely an ENFP. My introversion/extroversion is not too far apart, but I lean more on the extroverted side. Glad you know your type now.. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yay!! i'm glad you know now...it's good to know..haha:)