• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Are The Types Of Characters For This Story?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Character #1: A brilliant inventor with a Physics PHD who has a deep dislike for other people. He invents a machine which can shrink people. He plans to distribute it to the masses to watch the human race destroy itself through its selfishness and greed. He is out to prove that no human being is good. He has a family but after his wife cheated on him, he decided to break off all contact with his family.

Character #2: A brilliant lawyer who came from a small-time rural town, after going to an elite college and an elite law school- he is ready to make money. He is defending a CEO's son in a rape case. The lawyer has problems with alcoholism and suffers from depression but he won every case he ever took. He wants his wife and daughter to live a happy and wealthy life. He takes on a position that few fear to take on- the fact that the CEO's son is under the age of 18 and the girl he had sex with was 18. He takes on the case defending the CEO's son and the one that is against the senator's daughter when she is sued for rape. He struggles with taking both cases since he believes that the CEO's son is nothing but bad and the senator's daughter is nothing but good but the reward of money is too strong.

Character #3: The CEO's son- a cocky teenager who takes pride in sleeping with a lot of woman. He has a high level of self confidence and is known for making impulsive decisions. The CEO's son is mostly pleased with the lawyer for doing such a good job.

Character #4: The senator's daughter- a kind young lady who fell in love with the CEO's son. She was attracted to his dominant personality and he was attracted to her sexiness. He got her drunk and they had sex. She doesn't want to press charges on him but her father insists. The brilliant inventor gives his shrinking machine to the senator's daughter after the CEO presses charges on her for statutory rape. He wants her to shrink and torture all the people who have been causing her harm.

Character #5: The senator- a far-to-the-left liberal, he decided to press charges on the CEO's son despite the senator's daughter's refusal. He wants to protect his daughter but he also sees it as an opportunity to fight against big business.

Character #6: The senator's daughter's best friend: He is her classmate and they have been great friends for many years. She doesn't want to date him because even though he is 'cute', he is too damn 'nice'. He is also well known for his brilliance. He is also the estranged son of the brilliant inventor. His feelings about his father are mixed since he never knew him. He admires his father's intelligence but he quickly sees what his father plans to do to the senator's daughter. He tries to convince her to not use his father's invention- no matter how bad things get.

Character #7- The CEO- an entrepreneur who brought his family into riches, he is politically conservative and sees the case as a battle between him and the senator. He has more character than his son but will do anything to defend his son no matter if the senator's daughter was raped or not.

What types do you think these people are? They are characters in a story I'm writing.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
I couldn't give you too much of their overall characters/personalities through this post alone.

GorillaGorilla

MBTI Type
INTJ
well, im going to say there is far too little data in some of these, but i can certainly narrow them down at the very least.

#1 most likely INTJ, but perhaps ENTJ (maybe even a pissed INTP)

#2 seems to be an STJ from the hardworking behavior and lifestyle which is dominated by darwinian survival traits (money money money)

#3 easiest option would be an ESTP but an ISTP is possible, and an ENFP would not be out of the question

#4 way too little information but due to the fact that she doesnt like #6 for being too nice, probably an FP or something. definitely a feeler to some degree, but just way too little information.

#5 going to have to go with STJ here, most likely ESTJ.

#6 INF_ (maybe ISF_ but less likely)

#7 STJ (once again not enough information to decide on introversion)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
1.ENTJ
2.INFJ
3.ESTP
4.ISFJ
5.ENFJ
6.INFP
7.ESTJ

am_i_evil666

1. INTJ or INTP
2. ESTP
3. ESTP
4. you should tell us more about her, it's kind of impossible to type her with that few info
5. ENTJ? maybe ?
6. INFP
7. ESTJ

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
Sounds like the makings of a funny story, as the legal case seems tied to current reality, and the "shrinking invention" is cartooney Sci-Fi. You'll have to decide which one to emphasize more, and but I guess it could be done ....in a Philip K. Dick sort of way, I'm imagining. There is a conflict of interest if the one lawyer is going to be representing both sides in the case ( !!! ) but maybe you can work out some sci-fi mechanism to explain that or alleviate it. ( A transformation device that allows people to do things like play chess with themselves without remembering, until the game is over, what thoughts were held by the two different thinking strategies ? In fact, I kind of like that idea and so thanks for the inspiration. ;) )

I'm guessing that Character 6 is ....you, and you're listed as being INFP, so I'll go with that.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
1. INTJ
2. ESFJ
3. ESTP
4. ESFP?
5. ENTP
6. INFP
7. ESTJ

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
It appears that #4 is the toughest by far. Out of all the main characters, she is the one who will probably be least developed since she is more of either a 'love interest', a 'legal pothole', or an 'instrument'.

Also I've given all the characters names.
Inventor: Kevin Donovan
Lawyer: Martin Walker
CEO's son: Chester Waxelberg II
Senator's Daughter: Mary Landry
Senator: David Landry
Mary's close friend: Seth Maxwell
CEO: Chester Waxelberg

Here's an excerpt from the very beginning of the novel.

"Mary Landry was waiting for him in her living room. She was so happy that Chester Waxelberg asked her out. She thought he was really handsome and very funny. She appreciated a man with a dominant personality. She was nervous though, what if he didn't like her, what if he was just using her. She heard her cell phone make a noise- she saw it was a text message from her friend Seth. It said, "Be careful." Mary never could get over how much Seth worried about her. Seth was cute but just too damn nice. Just thinking about Chester made her horny and happy, she felt like she was in love with him. She looked at herself in the mirror and checked to see if her medium-length brown hair had any knots in it. She heard someone head to the door. It must have been Chester. She ran to the door and saw that it was her father, she felt disappointed but not discouraged, Chester was probably just late."

Any guesses? I'm currently between two different types.

As for the others.
Kevin Donovan: Haven't decided whether he's INTJ or ENTJ- he's an aggressive misanthrope and has an extraordinarily large ego. He's an effective fieldmarshal and mastermind as the antagonist of the story. I'll probably decide on this as time goes on. He seeks destruction after having a horrible childhood, both of his parents were murdered when he was a young boy and he was left an orphan to fend for himself until he went to live with a wealthy family (with a ruthless and cynical ENTJ as the head of the house) and he could afford to go to college.

Martin Walker: I forgot to mention that he has an ISTJ wife who loves him for the money he is earning. I don't plan to give her much of a role in the story since his family lives in a suburb of New York City and the majority of this story takes place in the city itself. This guy is an INFJ, he has moral qualms with what he is doing throughout the whole novel, it is clear to him. What he does is for what he thinks will make his family happy- Martin has an ESTP shadow side though, which I will elaborate on in the novel itself (without actually mentioning types of course).

Chester Waxelberg II: An ESTP, he just wants to have fun and lacks empathy for others. He relishes in his popularity and wealth and never feels the need to build any character. Martin agrees to help the kid out and the two become cohorts despite being very different from each other. He never learns from his mistakes.

David Landry: He is Fe dominant- I haven't decided whether ENFJ or ESFJ is a better fit. He plays the role as a protector and an opportunist. He genuinely seeks to make sure that the justice system goes after the man who hurt his daughter and that is the main reason why he does it but he recognizes the opportunity of knocking out Waxelberg's corporation due to such a tarnished reputation. As the story progresses, he plays it on.

Seth Maxwell: Definitely an INFP, he really cares for Mary and wants to do what is best for her. He is passive in a lot of situations but doesn't waste anytime not doing what he thinks is right. He is a quick thinker and realizes why his father is around in the first place and tries to save Mary from making some poor decisions. However, his passive personality doesn't do much to convince Mary otherwise. He also aspires to be a writer. Haha, I would say Character #6 is the most like me.

Chester Waxelberg: An ESTJ, he cares a lot about social order and is furious at his son for what he had done, but he recognizes that his corporation is important too and that in order for the corporation to survive that he would have to find a way to make his son a hero. The gifted Martin Walker may be the answer to this problem.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Hah! I did pretty good. :D

David Landry sounds more big picture ENFJ.