User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 19 of 19

  1. #11
    Wait, what? Varelse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Welcome. I finally managed to borrow a copy of KOTOR from a friend.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

  2. #12

    Default

    I also enjoy the KotOR, though only the first.

  3. #13
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    I've only played the first one, also. I had a computer with 512MB of RAM, and an Athlon XP 3200+ for that game. When the new one came out, it seemed more demanding, so I got a new computer. However, I discovered that I couldn't remove and reinstall Windows XP on my new computer (EULA and activation restrictions), and didn't have money left over, so I'm stuck with XP on my old computer, and Linux on my new 2GB of RAM Core 2 Duo E6600 (I'm beginning to remember why I prefer Linux anyway). As things stand, I won't be able to play the second game, or any subsequent ones. (Albeit I'm losing interest in video games these days.)

  4. #14

    Default

    As long as you don't need Windows XP active on both machines at the same time, transferring can be trivial.

    At worst you will have to call a 1-800 number to be issued a re-activation key. At best you will just be able to install and activate normally.

  5. #15
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    I did call the 1-800 number. but because I had purchased an OEM copy, I was only allowed to activate it on my old computer (I hadn't considered that I would still want to use XP on my next computer, or realized that I wouldn't be able to circumvent the activation as I had with Windows 98). In fact, I had to call and enter a special code to reactivate it on THAT computer because of a hard drive failure, and a claim that my code had been used "too many times". I wasn't permitted to activate it on my new computer at all. But as I said, I've found Linux to be superior anyway, and I was getting tired of supporting Microsoft and their monopolisitic, invasive policies. Do you know what I mean?

  6. #16
    Senior Member darlets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I did call the 1-800 number. but because I had purchased an OEM copy, I was only allowed to activate it on my old computer (I hadn't considered that I would still want to use XP on my next computer, or realized that I wouldn't be able to circumvent the activation as I had with Windows 98). In fact, I had to call and enter a special code to reactivate it on THAT computer because of a hard drive failure, and a claim that my code had been used "too many times". I wasn't permitted to activate it on my new computer at all. But as I said, I've found Linux to be superior anyway, and I was getting tired of supporting Microsoft and their monopolisitic, invasive policies. Do you know what I mean?
    No no, the Microsoft hivemine loves you. We want what's best for you and all of the children of the earth. Please don't be angry, Microsoft just wants to spread peace, happiness and love through out the world. Any who cannot see our benevolance will be
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
    Bertrand Russell

    http://rayofsolar.blogspot.com/
    http://zeropointseven.blogspot.com/

  7. #17
    shoshaku jushaku rivercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    1,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darlets View Post
    No no, the Microsoft hivemine loves you. We want what's best for you and all of the children of the earth. Please don't be angry, Microsoft just wants to spread peace, happiness and love through out the world. Any who cannot see our benevolance will be
    Sort of analogous to the experience a hypothetical INFJ might have at INTPC, really.....
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I did call the 1-800 number. but because I had purchased an OEM copy, I was only allowed to activate it on my old computer (I hadn't considered that I would still want to use XP on my next computer, or realized that I wouldn't be able to circumvent the activation as I had with Windows 98). In fact, I had to call and enter a special code to reactivate it on THAT computer because of a hard drive failure, and a claim that my code had been used "too many times". I wasn't permitted to activate it on my new computer at all. But as I said, I've found Linux to be superior anyway, and I was getting tired of supporting Microsoft and their monopolisitic, invasive policies. Do you know what I mean?
    You still have some options, but if you are happier with Linux then just stick with that.
    As for Microsoft's distasteful practises, you may find it helpful the see Mircosoft as the several mini-companies that is really is. The OS team has been a mess for quite a while (read any summery of the disastrous development cycle of Windows 6 (Longhorn/Vista) never mind the cluster-funk that was XP security). Luckily after the impressive reaction to Office 12 (2007) much of the Office team has been given development of Windows 7. So, be on the look out, Windows could be the a true vision of next-generation user OS in everyway! ...in 2009*

    /me sighs


    In my more delusional moments I think it would be nice if Microsoft would just bundle their APIs (DirectX, .NET, etc) into a nice cross-platform heavily licensed package.


    Quote Originally Posted by darlets View Post
    No no, the Microsoft hivemine loves you. We want what's best for you and all of the children of the earth. Please don't be angry, Microsoft just wants to spread peace, happiness and love through out the world. Any who cannot see our benevolance will be
    Microsoft can kind of be like an emotionally dependent single parent that constantly reminds you, their young child, how fat and annoying you are in an attempt to sabotage any chance that you may take a mate and abandon them.





    *2012

  9. #19
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashi, K? View Post
    Microsoft can kind of be like an emotionally dependent single parent that constantly reminds you, their young child, how fat and annoying you are in an attempt to sabotage any chance that you may take a mate and abandon them.
    Oh, THAT's a tagline waiting to happen, if I've ever seen one...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. Hello all. Again.
    By elementaltale in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 11:46 PM
  2. Hello world!! I have come home.
    By lookingglassworld in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 05:07 PM
  3. Hello, world
    By RainandSky in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 07:34 PM
  4. hello world
    By newvoho in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 04:53 AM
  5. Hello World!
    By shadowstormz in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 01:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO