123 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    LSE Si

Default Member of the Month: December 2017

Moving forward, we're going to be selecting a featured member and updating this on a periodic - possibly monthly basis. Yama (previously known as 21lux and Yamato Nadeshiko) is our first featured member! Yama has been a welcoming user and has never failed to brighten the community with his presence. He was also very actively involved in helping to review the scholarship applications. We are honored to have him as our first featured member. Thank you for all of your help! The following is an interview with him.

1. How long have you been on the site?

I joined on December 1st, 2014. So, by the time my membership of the month is announced, exactly 3 years.

2. What made you interested in typology?
    One of my friends posted a test on facebook. It was a 4 question dichotomy test. Literally just gave a definition of each dichotomy and had you pick between them. I got ISFJ. I found it interesting because I’m a ho for personality tests, and google research lead me to TypoC. I never did get into PerC. Too big, less mature.

3. Which typology system do you think is the best?
    Enneagram. It’s the one that people misinterpret the least, I think, lol. It’s also the most helpful when it comes to self-awareness and personal growth, since it’s less about cognition and more about fears and motivations. Being aware of those things has more practical use than MBTI or Socionics does, to be honest.

4. What is your field of study?
    I have a BA in Sociology. Honestly, I chose that degree because it was the easiest. No more math, no more (natural) science, and no capstone project. And I could take the entire thing at my university’s west campus that was 15 minutes from my house, instead of having to go to the main campus downtown. It was also an interesting subject that didn’t make me want to die, lol. I graduated this past May.

Now, I work in a laboratory. I’m a media technician—no, not news media! I make agars and such for the main lab and path lab technicians to culture food samples in. We test food samples for diseases such as e coli and listeria. I never foresaw myself working in STEM, and media tech isn’t even what I was originally hired for! I was hired to do login tech, which is basically the boring data entry paperwork stuff. But on my first day they said they wanted to cross train me in media lab because I “seemed intelligent and like a hard worker,” and I flourished there so much better and so much more quickly than they anticipated (their words), so now I’m in there permanently, and I couldn’t be happier! It’s the first time I’ve had a job that didn’t make me want to die every day, lmao. I just caught onto everything really, really quickly—and to be honesty, although most people say that STEM is very stereotypically N/T, the laboratory environment is very stereotypically Si, because there’s so much logging involved. Every single thing you do needs to be recorded, so that if anything goes wrong at any point in the process, it can be tracked down to the source. In my case in media lab, that means I need to log down everything I make, every single lot number on every single ingredient used to make it, how much I used, how many I made, assign a new lot number to the completed batch of whatever I’m making, what time I started the autoclave, what time I unloaded the autoclave, what the max temperature in the autoclave was, etc. If I had to assign a type to the laboratory environment, it would definitely be ISTJ. Not N at all!

5. Where are you from?
    I live in Peoria, Arizona (suburb outside of Phoenix) and I’ve lived here my whole life. I was born in a hospital in Phoenix. And I didn’t even see the Grand Canyon until earlier this year—and I’m 23 now!

6. How do you feel about the site currently?
    It’s its usual self. Ever since the 2016 presidential election, the politics subforum has blown up more than ever before, which most people agree has certain negative effects on the forum, such as moderators stepping down due to being tired of dealing with it, and a couple members even leaving (temporary or permanent) because they don’t want to see it. This is why Today’s Posts (Lite) was implemented, as a way of not having to see updates to the politics subforum. It’s calmed down a lot the past couple months, but it still baffles me why some point only exist on this site to post in the politics subforum and not even talk about typology—or anything else, really—at all.

What I love about this site as opposed to other typology sites is that the community is the perfect size. It’s not so big that it’s overwhelming, but it’s not so small that it’s boring, either. There are a couple hundred daily active posters (I pulled that estimation out of my ass, sue me) and I recognize every single one of them, having been active myself for the past 3 years. I love the familiarity. Without that familiarity, I would never have become as comfortable with this site or its community as I am now.

7. What are your hobbies?
    I probably spend most of my free time talking on discord because I am the King there because I decided so. My other main hobby is video games. I love so many of them. I’m mostly a PC gamer, but I have had lots of Nintendo consoles as well. I’ve never actually owned a Playstation or an Xbox in my life. My favorite video game of all time is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, because it was the very first open-world RPG of its kind that I ever played, where you could customize the shit out of your character and explore to your heart’s content, and I loved that. I’ve played 600 or so hours of it, and 400 or so something hours of its successor, Skyrim. Other games I love are Diablo 2 (so nostalgic!), The Sims, Fire Emblem, Fallout, Pokemon, Stardew Valley, and Huniepop (I dare you to judge me). I also love visual novels! Anything by key visual arts (Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters, Angel Beats). I’m also a fan of anime, but haven’t watched anything in a while due to general business.

I think Love Live needs an honorable mention, and I’m sure you’re all sick of hearing me talk about it. It’s a franchise—a music idol group, with an anime and a mobile rhythm game. I’ve spent at least $1,000 on the game, and I’ve been playing it for over 2.5 years now. I’m an expert at it, and I also have a ton of rare cards—currently 27 unique URs (not free promotional ones either, but I have an additional 17 of those), 25 unique SSRs, and over 200 unique SRs. I’m also rank 237, last I remember.

8. What are your dreams?
    I don’t have any really substantial long-term dreams because I find it impossible to think that far ahead. I barely know what I’m doing next week! But, before I die, I would like to be married, but I’m not interested in kids. Also, I want to finish transitioning (I’m on HRT but still need surgery), and also, I would like to get to a point where I only work 4 days a week and have 3 days off, instead of 5 days a week and 2 days off. I also want to have something I’ve written published (this is in progress, actually), finally edit the book I wrote in 2012 (I’m not going to publish it but still), and maybe even do a few things on Youtube (I’ve already done one let’s play series once, but maybe a few more).

9. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
    A shih tzu of course, because that means lion dog, and I’m a Leo born in the Year of the Dog. It just makes sense, duhhhh. Also, I’m adorable and everyone loves me, just like dogs.

10. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
    Well I’d want two. Invisibility and flight. Then I could fly around the world invisibly and stalk people and get to see people live in their natural habitat without knowing I’m watching and it would be awesome. Just invisibility is good enough, but flight makes the travel way easier. I guess I could invisibly always sneak onto airplanes.

11. What's the most useless talent you have?
    Full combo-ing every single expert level song on Love Live: School Idol Festival.

12. In 40 years what will people be nostalgic for?
    For whatever they’re into now, of course! I’m sure I will be nostalgic for youthful innocence.

13. Is cereal a soup or is it a salad?
    Wtf? Cereal is cereal. It’s neither of those things! Stop triggering me.

14. Favorite and least favorite holiday?
    My favorite is HALLOWEEN! But I wasn’t allowed to celebrate it until I was 13 because my mom was crazy and decided it was evil. I don’t really do anything for Halloween anymore—costume parties aren’t my thing because shyness, and I’m too old to trick or treat, and I’m also too shy to hand out candy so I let my parents do that… but I enjoy the day just for those ~halloween vibez~ man.

My least favorite is probably something useless that doesn’t matter like Memorial Day or some shit. I don’t get it off of work so it’s useless to me.

15. Share the sweetest memory you can think of.
    Oh man, I don’t even know. I’m bad at ranking memories. But I have one that I can share that I know of right now that was a good one!

I think most people on this forum know that I’m trans (ftm) by now. Last November (2016), before I had started HRT, I was in line for this haunted house thing with my family. One of the guys running around in character entertaining the people in live stopped by me and (IN CHARACTER THE ENTIRE TIME, VOICE AND EVERYTHING) quietly asked me if I was a boy or a girl. I got embarrassed and shy and just asked “which do you think?” and he said “I think you’re a boy.” And I just smiled and nodded. And he said, “Good luck.” It made me really happy!

16. What paper that you've written are you most proud of?
    My high school senior paper! They told us we could write about anything, so I wrote about dragons, bitch. I was the only person in my class to get a 100% on their senior paper. Everyone else wrote about boring stuff like drugs and careers.

17. List all of your pets out, if you've ever had any.
    I’ve had WAY TOO MANY pets in my life, so I’ll just talk about the ones I have right now.

I have 3 dogs (Yote, Jazmine, and Pirate) and a hamster (Pepper). The dogs are all pretty up there in age. Yote is a big fluffy grumpy wild dog that someone found wandering alone on a reservation as a baby. They took her to my dad’s work and asked if anyone wanted a dog. My dad asked what kind of dog she was and they said “a free dog.” Free is my dad’s favorite word, so he brought her home. I was in 6th grade. She was very playful and energetic and never very snuggly. But now that she’s old, she’s a giant snuggly grumpy fluffball. She likes to lay in the middle of the floor and make people step around her. Then there’s Jazmine, who is a greyhound/border collie mix. She is the sweetest most cutest baby in the whole world. She loves attention and hates fireworks. And finally, Pirate is a rat terrier. She is unhealthily obsessed with tennis ball. If you ignore her when she wants to play she throws her ball in the pool and then starts screaming until you fish it out. And if you don’t fish it out for her she jumps in and gets it herself. My hamster is a baby (actually she’s pretty old now) and perfect and adorable and cute. She gives me hamster kisses.

18. If you owned the site for a day, what would you do?
    Ban everyone I don’t like because I’m shamelessly biased. Also tell everyone they can only continue to be a member if they give me $10

19. Have any users you want to shout out?
    @Xann GG BINCH

20. Here's a free soap box. What do you want to say to everyone as a whole?
    As the only member of the month of 2017, I would just like to point out that this technically makes me member of the year.
    MBTI: Te = Ne > Ni = Si > Se > Fi > Fe > Ti
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian) | sx/so/sp
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Gemini Rising
    Holland Code: Enterprising > Social > Artistic = Conventional = Investigative > Realistic
    Temperaments: Sanguine = Choleric > Melancholic > Phlegmatic
    Potter House: Slytherin
    Johari · Private Blog · Nohari

The MBTI Test Test Status: Phase One

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    LSE Si

Y'all better act surprised about this or otherwise my feelings will not only be hurt, but I will form those hurt feelings into the shape of a banhammer so help me

MBTI: Te = Ne > Ni = Si > Se > Fi > Fe > Ti
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian) | sx/so/sp
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Gemini Rising
    Holland Code: Enterprising > Social > Artistic = Conventional = Investigative > Realistic
    Temperaments: Sanguine = Choleric > Melancholic > Phlegmatic
    Potter House: Slytherin
    Johari · Private Blog · Nohari

The MBTI Test Test Status: Phase One
    Likes yama, EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post
    Y'all better act surprised about this or otherwise my feelings will not only be hurt, but I will form those hurt feelings into the shape of a banhammer so help me

Omg Woah I'm so surprised!!!!!!
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post

I'm semi suprised but now the whole i'm member of the year makes sense. i still won't bow to him though. don't tell me what to do.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes yama, Frosty liked this post

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    471 sp/sx

Dear Yam,

Congrats.

Sincerely,
    Egg

(So next month is totally gonna be Xannuary, right?)
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Likes yama, Xann, Fay, Kas, Frosty liked this post

Likes yama liked this post

'Grats @yama! Did they mention that you would also be responsible for all the TypoC holiday decorations?
    Likes yama, Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    'Grats @yama! Did they mention that you would also be responsible for all the TypoC holiday decorations?
    Well get ready for a lot of anime themed ones. THEY CHOSE THIS
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch, bechimo liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    (So next month is totally gonna be Xannuary, right?)
    Next month could be the Month of Xann. But this year is the Year of the Yam.
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

C9ngratulations.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes yama liked this post