User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ? None

Default Hi from a new member :)

Hi I joined this forum two days ago and this is the first post I'll be making. I'm totally new, so please be kind to me. A little bit about my background, I'm of Chinese descent but technically Chinese-Canadian, though I don't identify with being Canadian at all (which I will explain as time goes on). I came across Myer-Briggs a couple of years ago, and the first time I got tested I cam out as an ISFP. I didn't go deeper into it at that time. Later I revisited Myer-Briggs / personality testing, and got INFP pretty much every time. After reading up on INFP traits, I found that they fit me quite well, so I'm very confident that I'm a rare, elusive INFP. Last year I had my Enneagram tested and came out as 4 with a 5 wing, which is the most common combination for INFPs, with the second most common being 9 wing 1. I'm a Cancer born on the 3rd of July. I happen to share a birthday with Tom Cruise, but be assured that I'm not a crazy Scientologist.

My Hobbies:
    -Games (I've played some games for 8 years)
    -Movies
    -Food and drink
    -History
    -Music
    -Nature
    -Art
    -Traveling (pity I haven't really been anywhere except USA, China, Taiwan, HK, Macau, and Cuba)

I'm not really a fan of poetry and literature, especially when I had to analyze it back in school. Art is also not meant to be analyzed so objectively (I absolutely hated school after tenth grade). I'm not a big fan of flowery language in the works of great writers, preferring what I read to be more straightforward. I have a romantic soul, though I hesitate to admit it. I'm more of a ''soft romantic' in the sense of being loyal and devoted through little things than a 'hard' romantic that showers the girl I love with lots of flowers and gifts and lavish dates. I'm not very good at expressing myself, being quite shy and introverted. I don't like confrontation and conflict, but sometimes wish I could be more aggressive in certain situations.

Really an escapist at heart, rather than confronting the many harsh realities of this world. Can be very cynical and 'doom and gloom', unintentionally ruining someone's day when I project my own beliefs and values. I (beeping) hate the concept of money, of states and corporations. I don't want to become a 'winner' in the mainstream sense, just want to preserve myself and find a little corner for myself and those few I truly care about in this confusing and complex world. My ideal life is simple, peaceful, not necessarily too interesting or exciting, but content and one where I don't really have to step out of my comfort zone. Unlike INFJs who can be much more outwardly ambitious, I'm a drifter and 'freeloader' in a sense.

I'm really lazy~ I think I am the kind that's easy to talk to, but not so easy when it comes to truly getting to know. I've had to deal with emotional / psychological abuse, a (mostly) single mum (my biological parents divorced when I was 7, it's not like they really loved each other that much to begin with) and many others who have never really tried to understand, accept, and appreciate me, and lots of inner turmoil. Sounds so typically INFP, right? I feel that I'm so out of place in the modern world, in so many ways.

I'm 100% straight, but as a guy I've been attracted to cute things and the feminine. I guess the latter part comes from being raised without a male figure of any kind. My knowledge of women's emotional and biological processes has, on a number of occasions, come as a shock to women. I'm 5 foot 9 and 3/4, slightly chubby, wears glasses, I like my hair to grow long. I'm overall just an average guy but many have said that I look good while I was growing up. Maybe a bit immature (but really mature at the same time), insecure, clingy.

Anyway, here's the beginning of my (very) long life story so far. Please don't get the impression I'm trying to sell myself, because I (beeping) hate the modern concept of 'selling yourself', versus the more traditional humbleness and modesty and shyness. It's so fake, unnatural, even inhumane.

Please be kind to me, and I hope to have a good time.
    Likes highlander liked this post

Well hey, hope you enjoy your stay on the forum here
    Your Online Manic Pixie Dream Girl

What is a manic pixie dream girl?

It refers to "that bubbly, shallow cinematic creature that exists solely in the fevered imaginations of sensitive writer-directors to teach broodingly soulful young men to embrace life and its infinite mysteries and adventures." A pretty, outgoing, whacky romantic lead whose sole purpose is to help broody male characters lighten up and enjoy their lives.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ? None

Thanks
    Likes Forever liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Hi
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ? None

My Astrology:
    Cancer Sun
    Sagittarius Rising
    Aquarius Moon
    Cancer Mercury
    Venus Gemini (but Mercury is in Cancer so it's often more like I have Venus in Cancer)
    Mars Gemini

Sun and Mercury in House VII.

Most significant Venus aspects are Venus Conjunct Mars and Venus Sextile Saturn.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/so

Hello there,im also new but i didnt make one of these because i would feel embarrased;-,

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Miaumi View Post
    Hello there,im also new but i didnt make one of these because i would feel embarrased;-,
    Trust your intincts.