User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Another noob

  1. #1
    Junior Member Anako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    MBTI
    Cute
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Posts
    13

    Smile Another noob

    Hi there,

    I'm just presenting myself quickly. I've been interested in typology for a while, maybe a few months. My "journey" has not been linear as I've been through different types [INFP - INFJ - INTP - INTJ - ISFP], I'm still unsure about my MBTI type as you can see. However, speaking for my temperament, I feel closer to intuitives in general. A closer look at the functions didn't help much because I didn't know which one I was using. I was recently visually typed (facial expressions and mannerisms) as NiTe, so INTJ, with a potientally more developped Fi than Te. But then I prefer not to settle down on anything for the moment.

    For my enneagram type, I relate more to the head centres. I still have to differenciate 5 and 6 more clearly, but for the moment I'm a 5w4. My never-ending questionning makes me believe that I might be a 6 after all and Ne-dom ( just kidding?). My second center is, I believe, my heart which is most likely 4, and especially 4w5 (even if I have 3 tendencies). Finally my gut is either 1 or 9, but I'm leaning towards 1w9. I probably don't have 2, 3, 7 and 8 in my tritype.

    My instinctual variants are sp/so, I'm quite sure to be a sp-dom at least.

    I decided to come to typology central because I want to narrow down my type, observe and analyze different types, speak about different typology systems, their strengths & weaknesses and how they correlate with each other, and eventually help people find their real type. "Eventually", because as I'm not settled down, I don't think I can help much.

    Well, that's pretty all for the moment (please type me). Also correct me if I make typos or grammatical mistakes, please. English is not my native language.
    Real MBTI: xxxx
    16personalities: INxP
    Keys2Cognition: INFJ
    Visual type: NiTe-Fi
    Tritype: 5w4 | 4w5 | 1w9
    Variants: sp/sx
    Alignement: Neutral Good
    Potterhouse: Ravenclaw


    Likes highlander, Novella liked this post

  2. #2
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anako View Post
    Hi there,

    I'm just presenting myself quickly. I've been interested in typology for a while, maybe a few months. My "journey" has not been linear as I've been through different types [INFP - INFJ - INTP - INTJ - ISFP], I'm still unsure about my MBTI type as you can see. However, speaking for my temperament, I feel closer to intuitives in general. A closer look at the functions didn't help much because I didn't know which one I was using. I was recently visually typed (facial expressions and mannerisms) as NiTe, so INTJ, with a potientally more developped Fi than Te. But then I prefer not to settle down on anything for the moment.

    For my enneagram type, I relate more to the head centres. I still have to differenciate 5 and 6 more clearly, but for the moment I'm a 5w4. My never-ending questionning makes me believe that I might be a 6 after all and Ne-dom ( just kidding?). My second center is, I believe, my heart which is most likely 4, and especially 4w5 (even if I have 3 tendencies). Finally my gut is either 1 or 9, but I'm leaning towards 1w9. I probably don't have 2, 3, 7 and 8 in my tritype.

    My instinctual variants are sp/so, I'm quite sure to be a sp-dom at least.

    I decided to come to typology central because I want to narrow down my type, observe and analyze different types, speak about different typology systems, their strengths & weaknesses and how they correlate with each other, and eventually help people find their real type. "Eventually", because as I'm not settled down, I don't think I can help much.

    Well, that's pretty all for the moment (please type me). Also correct me if I make typos or grammatical mistakes, please. English is not my native language.
    Welcome to the forum!

    Here is what I can do for you. If you take this test and let me know exactly what time you took it including time zone, I can pull the raw results and provide an analysis

    Typologycentral Keirsey and Jung Test

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639
    Likes Anako, Peter Deadpan, Novella liked this post

  3. #3
    Junior Member Anako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    MBTI
    Cute
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Posts
    13

    Default

    @highlander

    Thanks for your answer. I did the test but I'm quite skeptical about it. I got INTJ but my functions are fucked up: Ni > Fi = Ne > Fe > Ti = Se > Te = Si and I consciously know where the answers lead... I've already done this test once I believe and got different results, I don't remember them unfortunately. I also remember that someone shared his results and was typed as INTJ with Fe as a highest score (yeah lol), so I don't know how accurate this test really is. Also why do you need information about time zone?
    Real MBTI: xxxx
    16personalities: INxP
    Keys2Cognition: INFJ
    Visual type: NiTe-Fi
    Tritype: 5w4 | 4w5 | 1w9
    Variants: sp/sx
    Alignement: Neutral Good
    Potterhouse: Ravenclaw



  4. #4
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anako View Post
    @highlander

    Thanks for your answer. I did the test but I'm quite skeptical about it. I got INTJ but my functions are fucked up: Ni > Fi = Ne > Fe > Ti = Se > Te = Si and I consciously know where the answers lead... I've already done this test once I believed and got different results, I don't remember them unfortunately. I also remember that someone shared his results and was typed as INTJ with Fe as a highest score (yeah lol), so I don't know how accurate this test really is. Also why do you need information about time zone?
    Don't pay too much attention to the results. Did you just take it now?

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639
    Likes Novella liked this post

  5. #5
    Junior Member Anako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    MBTI
    Cute
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Don't pay too much attention to the results. Did you just take it now?
    I took it 20-25 minutes ago...
    Real MBTI: xxxx
    16personalities: INxP
    Keys2Cognition: INFJ
    Visual type: NiTe-Fi
    Tritype: 5w4 | 4w5 | 1w9
    Variants: sp/sx
    Alignement: Neutral Good
    Potterhouse: Ravenclaw



  6. #6
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anako View Post
    I took it 20-25 minutes ago...
    Ok here are your raw results:

    NF=1;NT=5;SP=-1;SJ=-5

    Te=-5;Ti=-2; T = -7
    Fe=1;Fi=4; F =5
    Ne=4;Ni=5; N = 9
    Se=-2;Si=-5; S = -7

    Results would seem to imply that you are probably an NF of some sort. Interestingly you come out as an NT but you are an Enneagram 5 and perhaps this is a pattern I've seen at times. The reason it thought you were an INTJ was that you preferred Ni and an NT type. I doubt that is correct though (need to refine the logic). Here is my guess on the options

    ENFJ - Unlikely for an ENFJ to be an Enneagram 5 so probably not
    ENFP - Unlikely for an ENFP to be an Enneagram 5 so probably not
    INFJ - possible based on your preference for Ni over Ne which appears slight and preference for Ti over Te
    INFP - could be based on your strong preference for Fi over Fe. this would probably be my guess

    One question I would have is whether or not you are an introvert or extravert. I have found that the function ordering part doesn't tend to work so well in determining type

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  7. #7
    Junior Member Anako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    MBTI
    Cute
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Ok here are your raw results:

    NF=1;NT=5;SP=-1;SJ=-5

    Te=-5;Ti=-2; T = -7
    Fe=1;Fi=4; F =5
    Ne=4;Ni=5; N = 9
    Se=-2;Si=-5; S = -7

    Results would seem to imply that you are probably an NF of some sort. Interestingly you come out as an NT but you are an Enneagram 5 and perhaps this is a pattern I've seen at times. The reason it thought you were an INTJ was that you preferred Ni and an NT type. I doubt that is correct though (need to refine the logic). Here is my guess on the options

    ENFJ - Unlikely for an ENFJ to be an Enneagram 5 so probably not
    ENFP - Unlikely for an ENFP to be an Enneagram 5 so probably not
    INFJ - possible based on your preference for Ni over Ne which appears slight and preference for Ti over Te
    INFP - could be based on your strong preference for Fi over Fe. this would probably be my guess

    One question I would have is whether or not you are an introvert or extravert. I have found that the function ordering part doesn't tend to work so well in determining type
    I'm socially introverted if that is what you're asking. I've considered carefully INFJ and INFP as a type. Those visual typists saw a preference for Ni over Ne and Fi over Fe, and overall Ni over Fi, that's what they concluded on NiteFiSe. They suggested an underdevelopment of Te which would mean that I'm actually Ni + Fi and that would be the reason why I somehow relate to the INF temperament. After some reflection I wonder if I could rather be Fi + Ni with an underdevelopment of Se, which would conclude to the same INF temperament. Yeah speaking about temperamant, I relate to both INF and INT.

    Also I thought for a while that INFP or INFJ were probably the best bet but this confused me a bit as they didn't see Ne either Fe but some little signs of Te. However I don't count on their typing only. And considering the context, I was speaking alone, this would probably have been different if there was someone with me. And I think that one video is not representative of my whole "being", it's in the recurrence that it becomes interesting. The same for the cognitive functions.

    Edit: visual typing is interesting though to bring insights about unconscious cognitive processes (for that we should be in an unconscious state firstly I believe if not it doesn't work, that's where I see a weakness). Many people were surprised about their results because it didn't correspond to their "temperament". This was explained by the "reliance on functions". As for example, the typical alignment of INTJ is Ni-Te-Fi-Se. Those who have a good Te would appear "ENT", those who rely a lot on Fi -> "INF" and those on Se "IST"...
    Real MBTI: xxxx
    16personalities: INxP
    Keys2Cognition: INFJ
    Visual type: NiTe-Fi
    Tritype: 5w4 | 4w5 | 1w9
    Variants: sp/sx
    Alignement: Neutral Good
    Potterhouse: Ravenclaw


    Likes Novella liked this post

  8. #8
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anako View Post
    I'm socially introverted if that is what you're asking. I've considered carefully INFJ and INFP as a type. Those visual typists saw a preference for Ni over Ne and Fi over Fe, and overall Ni over Fi, that's what they concluded on NiteFiSe. They suggested an underdevelopment of Te which would mean that I'm actually Ni + Fi and that would be the reason why I somehow relate to the INF temperament. After some reflection I wonder if I could rather be Fi + Ni with an underdevelopment of Se, which would conclude to the same INF temperament. Yeah speaking about temperamant, I relate to both INF and INT.

    Also I thought for a while that INFP or INFJ were probably the best bet but this confused me a bit as they didn't see Ne either Fe but some little signs of Te. However I don't count on their typing only. And considering the context, I was speaking alone, this would probably have been different if there was someone with me. And I think that one video is not representative of my whole "being", it's in the recurrence that it becomes interesting. The same for the cognitive functions.
    It's interesting you are looking at visual typing. I started a thread on it the other day and we have some stuff in the wiki about it. I donated a little to their research.

    Based on this, I'd say it's very likely you are an INFP or INFJ. It seems like whenever people are unsure about those two they end up being INFPs. I don't know why that is. They mistype as INFJ initially and then settle on INFP later - sometimes after years.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639
    Likes Peter Deadpan, Novella liked this post

  9. #9
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anako View Post
    I'm socially introverted if that is what you're asking. I've considered carefully INFJ and INFP as a type. Those visual typists saw a preference for Ni over Ne and Fi over Fe, and overall Ni over Fi, that's what they concluded on NiteFiSe. They suggested an underdevelopment of Te which would mean that I'm actually Ni + Fi and that would be the reason why I somehow relate to the INF temperament. After some reflection I wonder if I could rather be Fi + Ni with an underdevelopment of Se, which would conclude to the same INF temperament. Yeah speaking about temperamant, I relate to both INF and INT.

    Also I thought for a while that INFP or INFJ were probably the best bet but this confused me a bit as they didn't see Ne either Fe but some little signs of Te. However I don't count on their typing only. And considering the context, I was speaking alone, this would probably have been different if there was someone with me. And I think that one video is not representative of my whole "being", it's in the recurrence that it becomes interesting. The same for the cognitive functions.

    Edit: visual typing is interesting though to bring insights about unconscious cognitive processes (for that we should be in an unconscious state firstly I believe if not it doesn't work, that's where I see a weakness). Many people were surprised about their results because it didn't correspond to their "temperament". This was explained by the "reliance on functions". As for example, the typical alignment of INTJ is Ni-Te-Fi-Se. Those who have a good Te would appear "ENT", those who rely a lot on Fi -> "INF" and those on Se "IST"...
    Another thing the Ni + Fi would mean INTJ. But you said you didn't think that was right.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  10. #10
    Junior Member Anako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    MBTI
    Cute
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It's interesting you are looking at visual typing. I started a thread on it the other day and we have some stuff in the wiki about it. I donated a little to their research.

    Based on this, I'd say it's very likely you are an INFP or INFJ. It seems like whenever people are unsure about those two they end up being INFPs. I don't know why that is. They mistype as INFJ initially and then settle on INFP later - sometimes after years.
    Have you seen my edit? This would explained why many people struggle to find their types, of course it's a suggestion but it's interesting to have a look at it. If we take the 16 types and their functions in the "typical" order, we obtain only 16 types. And according to their theory, we can have the "natural" order, or rely on 2nd, 3rd and even 4th function (by rely I don't mean that the order is changed but the function itself was really well developped). So that would leave 48 types outside the "conventional" typology (16*3).

    For the INFP vs INFJ... There might be a bias between those 2 types where INFJs are seen as a better type than INFPs. But then what I'm saying is subjective, I just happen to see a preference for INFJ over INFP on some forums or servers (the mystical vs the crybaby). And the nature of Ne is exploring possibilities... Those are the 2 main reasons I see.
    Real MBTI: xxxx
    16personalities: INxP
    Keys2Cognition: INFJ
    Visual type: NiTe-Fi
    Tritype: 5w4 | 4w5 | 1w9
    Variants: sp/sx
    Alignement: Neutral Good
    Potterhouse: Ravenclaw



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO