User Tag List

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Sebastian's welcome post

Hello members old and new,
    As follows from good manners and proper etiquette, I would hereby like to introduce my humble self to the community ;-) Name's Sebastian, and to get right down to the *interesting* part, I seem to be a hopelessly middle ground kind of person(ality), for I score a perfect balance between Feeling and Thinking to go with what is otherwise a very clear-cut IN-P type on the MTBI thingy, and whenever I do an Enneagram, there's a 50-50 distribution between 5w4 and 4w5. I am currently involved in a PhD programme in organic chemistry and actually, it is mostly my growing discontent with the chosen career path that has prompted me to register on this forum. But more on that in a separate thread ;-) Anyway, I think that should do for now. Sorry if this sounds weird or anything, I notoriously suck at introductions :>

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

A fine introduction sir. Just fine. You've arrived on a Sunday and things as they tend to be on Sundays are rather slow going around here. Anyway welcome aboard!
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

As per orders of the No likes experiment I am not liking posts for the duration.

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

welcome...
    "The vanity of intelligence is that the intelligent man is often more committed to 'one-upping' his opponent than being truthful. When the idea of intelligence, rather than intelligence itself, becomes a staple, there is no wisdom in it."
    Criss Jami

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion."
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."
    Dale Carnegie

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Welcome!!

FYI, I doubt you are really on the middle ground, as no one really is, but your use of your secondary judgment function may be very developed, or you may perceive it stronger than it really is (something most people do). Tests are notoriously poor, so you may be something else entirely.

Maybe you should do a type-me thread. A Fi dom and a Ti dom really judge the world very differently. Balanced Fi and Te looks very different than balanced Ti and Fe. And are you certain you are a Ne aux?

Again, tests are only as good as we are self-aware and as the test is well written.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

Friendly Loner Hermit Of The Forest's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Greetings! How nice to make your acquaintance. I'm Hermit Of The Forest, but you may call me Hermit. Welcome!
    INTP 9w1 5w6 3w4 so/sx

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. -- Mark Twain

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Thanks for the warm welcome ;-)
    You're right, SearchingForPeace - I actually do tend to come a 5w4 out of the Enneagram a little more often than 4w5, and an INFP out of the MBTI (but the Feeling over Thinking imbalance is always a small one). Regarding your N question, that's a good one - I'd say I'm intuitive but also that my senses are quite keen, and I do make good use of them (too good perhaps). Go figure!

MBTI
    LOVE

StSabastian, welcome to Typology Central!

I took a couple of chemistry classes. Organic chemistry is tough.

You must be a genius.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Welcome StSebastian!

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by StSebastian View Post
    Hello members old and new,
    As follows from good manners and proper etiquette, I would hereby like to introduce my humble self to the community ;-) Name's Sebastian, and to get right down to the *interesting* part, I seem to be a hopelessly middle ground kind of person(ality), for I score a perfect balance between Feeling and Thinking to go with what is otherwise a very clear-cut IN-P type on the MTBI thingy, and whenever I do an Enneagram, there's a 50-50 distribution between 5w4 and 4w5. I am currently involved in a PhD programme in organic chemistry and actually, it is mostly my growing discontent with the chosen career path that has prompted me to register on this forum. But more on that in a separate thread ;-) Anyway, I think that should do for now. Sorry if this sounds weird or anything, I notoriously suck at introductions :>

A good introduction nonetheless. Introductions and talking about oneself can be tough, I hate them! I say, why talk about yourself when your actions, your beliefs, your mere presence will speak volumes Before I get carried away, hi! Pleased to meet you. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. I'm sure you'll find some good folks here who are willing to help figure out a typing for you if you wish.

Looking forward to seeing you around
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt