User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by IamDisplaced View Post
    Technically, I hate it.. I hate everything about having to deal with people on a 'business' level.. ugh..
    ...this is partially what drove me from my business major to biology... granted im fully aware that the medical system has plenty of its own problems...

ive come to accept: if it isnt eventually repetitive, full of schmoozing, bureaucracy, lying or painstaking detail reading

...then it isnt a job. this has helped me accept that idealism will not get you far in finding a "happy job". even if we take this do something fun to the extreme: a hollywood writer, even he, will eventually find himself feeling all of the things i described. there is no perfect job.

/end rant on work

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ByMySword View Post
    hmm, I usually don't like people, period. Retail ruins your opinion of "people" in the general sense. lol

Although I have become more extraverted in the last year thanks to my Brothers.
    Retail does ruin your opinion of people in a general sense lol.

I'm in the process of "trying" to become more extroverted... Well, not necessarily extroverted.. I should say that I'm in the process of trying to become more open to this thing called 'life'.

Not at all....
    I'm going to feed your curiosity and make one. I can't promise you it'll be interesting though.

Well, then, they're morons.
    Agreed.

Oh, don't worry, I know...hence me staying for now.
    Just don't go completely nuts in the process =Op
    Inside my empty bottle I was constructing a lighthouse, while all the others were making ships. ~Charles Simic

Enneagram 4w5 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    ...this is partially what drove me from my business major to biology... granted im fully aware that the medical system has plenty of its own problems...

ive come to accept: if it isnt eventually repetitive, full of schmoozing, bureaucracy, lying or painstaking detail reading

...then it isnt a job. this has helped me accept that idealism will not get you far in finding a "happy job". even if we take this do something fun to the extreme: a hollywood writer, even he, will eventually find himself feeling all of the things i described. there is no perfect job.

/end rant on work

How sad and true is this! There really isn't a such thing as a "perfect job", and it has taken me a long time to realize this (I'm still trying to get over it to be honest). If I could find something that allows me to "indirectly" work with people, or not even that.. just something where my "heart" is in it- where I truly care about what's going on, I'd be fine. Part of the problem with programming and having to converse with others is that I just really hate having to communicate with others on that level, because my heart isn't in it. When I went to school for software development, it was for "me" (hobby?). Not because I wanted to design programs for others. I'm in the process of learning Haskell and LISP, not because I want to design stuff for other people, but because it's a hobby.

My other problem-- anything with the word "job" attached to it sends me into a panic, because that means there's an "obligation" in there somewhere. I seriously need to adopt your way of thinking when it comes to jobs. On the other hand, I do have a huge idea of what I want to initially do, but just haven't taken the necessary steps to do so yet. I tend to exaggerate the cons of a situation and I'm trying to break out of that.
    Inside my empty bottle I was constructing a lighthouse, while all the others were making ships. ~Charles Simic

Enneagram 4w5 sp/sx