User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Brand new INFJ

MBTI
    infj

Default Brand new INFJ

Hey everybody,

I'm Brooke, I'm an INFJ (Well, I guess I now know why I've had zero luck with friends in the past...) and I was looking to find some similar (or different, I don't really care) people to chat with about whatever.

So okay, I'll try to give you a brief history.
    I'm sixteen, I've been homeschooled forever and I have chronic migraines. Because of said migraines I've had a lot of trouble keeping up in school and I can't get a job. As much as I try not to let that define me as a person, it'll probably come up here so I figured I'd better warn you.

I consider myself very close with my family, but even they don't know all of me (and there's that INFJ thing cropping up again... A bit of a pattern there...), thus far I haven't found anyone I've been able to allow myself to tell all about me. I don't really have any friends at this point, which was part of the reason I decided to join. Also, I don't tend to like most people my age, which is part of the reason I don't have friends. But despite being often unhappy and cynical, I remain an optimist. Explain that.

*Wipes brow* Whew! Ok, there you go.

-Brooke

P.S. I just thought I'd clarify, I'm not in fact a brand new INFJ... But rather, I'm new to this site.

MBTI
    INXP

Hello there

I get migraines too. What have you (or have you not yet) tried? I've tried... brain scans, giving up caffeine, chocolate, alcohol. Allergy tests, steroid sprays for the nose. Over hydrating. Pretty much everything. Still get 'em though!

MBTI
    infj

Hi!

Well I've had a CT scan which showed nothing, given up pretty much any food that could possibly be a trigger, allergy tests, and several (A LOT of) preventatives all to no avail. It's genetic for me, my sister is actually on disability for them...

Sniffles

Hey welcome to the place. You didn't hear this from me, but we INFJs were are forming a secret cabal to take over the world, you're more than free to join.

I can relate to alot of what you stated. I too suffer from frequent migranes, which often knock me out at times. Doesn't prevent me from working though. I had trouble keeping up with school, mostly because it was boring and my mind was preoccupied with more profound issues.

And yes I had the problem of not getting along with people my own age.

Speaking from experience I'll tell you this, don't let it get you down. You have two years left and odds are you won't see most of these fuckers EVER again. And even if you do, odds are they'll probably grow up a bit.

Then you'll be more free to associate with people with more common interests, level of maturity, whatever. In a given day, I now can associate with people ranging from 16-80+. That's basically how real life is, and I can tell you it's a real joy actually.

So yes, make yourself comfortable and chat about whatever interests you.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post

So okay, I'll try to give you a brief history.
    I'm sixteen, I've been homeschooled forever and I have chronic migraines. Because of said migraines I've had a lot of trouble keeping up in school and I can't get a job. As much as I try not to let that define me as a person, it'll probably come up here so I figured I'd better warn you.
    We'll heed it. I used to have the same exact problem, since I was 11 every morning I would wake up with migranes, sometimes they'd go away other times they would last half the day. They eventually went away, my junior year. Don't know why, after taking god knows how many test, I was eventually told by a neurologist that it might very well be emotional stress, perhaps you should look into that. Lest you be doped up on pain killers like I was most of my youth. As you probably already know it's not fun waking up with a headache that clocks 10 on the pain scale.
    I consider myself very close with my family, but even they don't know all of me (and there's that INFJ thing cropping up again... A bit of a pattern there...), thus far I haven't found anyone I've been able to allow myself to tell all about me. I don't really have any friends at this point, which was part of the reason I decided to join. Also, I don't tend to like most people my age, which is part of the reason I don't have friends. But despite being often unhappy and cynical, I remain an optimist. Explain that.

*Wipes brow* Whew! Ok, there you go.

-Brooke
    Nice, introdution.

Welcome Brooke.

MBTI
    xxxx

Sinus Buster helps some people with migraine headaches. Might wanna give that a whirl.

Anyway, hello and welcome! When I was growing up I couldn't tolerate kids/teens my age, so you're not alone in that. It should level out when you hit adulthood, and then you'll prolly have friends of varied ages.

By the way ...I'm cynical yet still an optimist. It happens. Isn't it funny? XP

MBTI
    infj

That's sweet, thanks. And I'd love to help take over the world. I also assume from your use of "fuckers" that we're allowed to use language here. Good to know. I didn't want to say something and get kicked off...

MBTI
    INXP

Welcome to MBTIc.

Forums seem to have a funny way of bringing out peoples' secrets; which is good for making connections, and then friends. Yay.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    We'll heed it. I used to have the same exact problem, since I was 11 every morning I would wake up with migranes, sometimes they'd go away other times they would last half the day. They eventually went away, my junior year. Don't know why, after taking god knows how many test, I was eventually told by a neurologist that it might very well be emotional stress, perhaps you should look into that. Lest you be doped up on pain killers like I was most of my youth. As you probably already know it's not fun waking up with a headache that clocks 10 on the pain scale.

Nice, introdution.

Welcome Brooke.
    Thanks. I'm actually not really on any painkillers that work. My neurologist refuses to prescribe narcotics and so far I haven't found anything that really touches the pain level. I'm about to try biofeedback so, fingers crossed.

MBTI
    INFP

Welcome brooke, if you're an optmist inside I'd take it your maybe "moody"?(aka. unhappy or in a bad mood often and you don't like "bs"=) I can relate). Do you have online friends?
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-