User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP

Default I'm an Intuitionist. Don't ask me how I know, I just do.

That's a little intuition joke. You guys like intuition jokes? Maybe I should just start an intuition joke thread. I'm sure there are intuition jokes aplenty floating around among people like you, hardee har.

Preface:
    I can type people very quickly. I immediately get an idea, but since there's never a rush to type someone, it doesn't really matter whether I'm right or wrong. Eventually, when I have gathered enough evidence to be sure of the type, I observe how close my initial feeling was. Generally speaking, I'm able to type pretty well using a marginal amount of information.

To try to explain this irrational rationally, here is a confusing example of how my intution may be used, along with a kind of parallel thought...You still there?

I could say to myself "That is how an ISTJ would introduce herself." I can't even count the number of problems with this reasoning, but find one you like and stick with it.

What I wind up saying to myself instead is more along the lines of:
    "That is how this girl would introduce herself if she were an ISTJ."

The assessment is similar, the key difference being that the second statement is specific rather than universal. That way, I can avoid claiming that all ISTJ's behave a certain way. Rather, I claim only to be sensitive to sixteen ways that this person could introduce herself. Let me provide a comparative thought to clarify.

Picture a battleship board. 1-16 along the top to represent the types, and a large but indefinite number runs vertically. The indefinite number represents different kinds of people (by "kind" I mean an intangible classification separate from type that I cannot adequately explain).The vertical axis I narrow down to one immediately and intuitively, and when she speaks, I sink her aircraft carrier (which is not incredibly difficult because I have already narrowed down one axis of categorization.)

Often, it seems like most people are completely unaware of the intangible vertical axis of classification- as if they see people as chaotic, rather than abstractly classifiable.

Question:
    Do you think that when it comes to determing another's type, I have a natural advantage as an ENFP? Or am I above average at this skill (*which I THINK I am) simply because I'm analytical and anyone else equally analytical would be at the same or a similar level regardless of type? Or do you think that a type other than ENFP would be even better at this skill?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I'm gonna go ahead and link to this from the "What turns you on?" thread.

Hmm..Interesting. I'm pretty good at reading people fairly quickly too. Do you ever feel as if you pick up on whats going on up in a person's head via body language as well?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You wrote all that and still didn't tell us whether you're a dude or a chick.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Jeffster makes an interesting point.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Welcome fellow ENFP! I have several thoughts:
    1) down boys, down!
    2) your extroverted intuition IS your analytical advantage (in giving you the puzzle pieces to analyze). The introverted feeling likely makes you particularly attentive to people (as opposed to car engines). So yes, being an ENFP is an advantage and probably predisposes you to psychoanalyze people in the first place.
    3) that's a fantastic thread title
    4) Typing people is sketchy sketchy business. Either way, you're guess is apt to be better than an most.

Cheers!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Don't worry, I think she's "Into It." *laughs, dies* But seriously, we don't know if "It" is male or female.

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    That's a little intuition joke. You guys like intuition jokes?
    Of course. Didn't you hear the neurons snicker?

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    Do you think that when it comes to determing another's type, I have a natural advantage as an ENFP?
    Based on type alone, I think you'd be very perceptive of type. Do you have a self-evaluation mechanism for accuracy in typing?

MBTI
    INxJ

Nice title. Welcome.