User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    nnnn

*hip Te handshaking routine*

Whassup, grrrrrl?

MBTI
    ISXJ

Welcome fellow ISTJ female! I took accounting for 1 day in college (because it's what the MBTI suggested for me too) -- but I sat through that 1 class, and decided it wasn't for me.

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

hello,

my oldest and closest friend is ISTJ, the similarities in your writing made me chuckle. he and another istj I know both thought of doing accounting.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Welcome aboard! The more SJs we have here, the better - we're under-represented. Time to balance them out!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I agree EJCC. This board is an excellent resource in studying the types, and the type dynamics, so underrepresentation is a minus. /INTP

MBTI
    INFP

I don't see that many ISTJs ..I'm just glad you're not the "evil t" who hates "f" people they have little wars going on over here. Other than that = hello.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Welcome to the nuthouse, don't let the crazies bite unless you absolutely want them too...

My best friend from high school is an ISTJ; good kid, fun to plot crazy things with
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hello, welcome to MBTIc. Do you have any questions we can help you with?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRoo View Post
    Well, I am an ISTJ-6, so I guess you won't be surprised if I list a lot of facts!
    By "6," do you mean Enneagram type 6? Or something else?
    I'm Jennifer, 32, and I now live in Orange County, CA by way of NE Ohio and Denver. I am an accountant for a real estate development company. I was an ICU nurse for 5 years, but I went back to school and changed my career to something that I felt was more like me. I just finished my MBA and now I am studying for my CPA. I credit the MBTI for helping me figure out what I wanted to be when I "grew up", despite the fact that already had a BSN and I was 27 when I took it. I've studied MBTI off and on. I love psychology.
    An ISTJ taking interest in psychology? Unusual, but possible. Then again, the nurse thing is a bit odd for an ISTJ as well. The rest of your description seems to fit with it, however. You managed to share as much information as possible while avoiding giving away your exact identity, so you must have a strong sense of details.
    People often are surprised to find out that I am an ISTJ, or at least the I and T part, because I can be extroverted if I feel a duty to be in a particular situation. It's exhausting, though. People often think I am a F because I can be overly nice and accommodating. I tend to be a people pleaser, unless I am very close with someone. I get my feelings hurt easily, but I'd never let on that is the case!
    That's interesting... I might know more ISTJs than I thought, then.
    I love to read and learn a lot about whatever I am into at the time. I have a hard time not seeing errors, which I guess makes me good at accounting, but can be annoying and causes me to be pessimistic. I am SO anxious and I am a super perfectionist. I do not know any other female ISTJs, so I guess I am telling you all of this to see if I fit in!
    I think perfectionism is an IJ quality in general to a certain degree, although the sort you describe seems to fit ISTJ rather well. I don't know any ISTJs at all, so I don't know if you fit in.
    I am happy to have found a spot where I can talk to others interested in the MBTI.
    We're happy to have you here too, ShinyRoo. Maybe now that more SJs are showing up, you can debunk some of the myths the INPs have been telling about you. I've been trying not to be brainwashed into agreeing with them, but without a countering influence, it's hard.

You should avoid using your real name too much, we already have one person named Jennifer and another named Jen on this forum. It would become too ambiguous if you call yourself Jennifer here as well.
    PS: Now I will re-read my email twice so I will not embarrass myself with errors. Haha.
    Actually, what you just wrote would be considered a post, not an e-mail. Sorry, I'm a bit of a computer geek and I just HAD to point that out. :blushing:

If you're interested, there are actually free spell check packages available for most popular browsers. I didn't see any spelling errors in your post, though.