User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: What up?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Default What up?

Hi everyone. I'm EJ, and I'm an EJ... with an ST in the middle. (I'm also a woman, but never fear, I scored low on E, so I'm not going to be THAT domineering... I also have a sense of humor! w00t!)

I live in a small city where no one is as obsessed with Myers-Briggs as me. Being an ESTJ, I LOVE that there's a way that people's reasoning is EXPLAINED (logic=good), and that people are diverse, and yet they are never alone in how they think. I joined this forum hoping to bond with you fellow nerds as well as to learn more about other types. I understand MBTI better when I have acquaintances as examples, but I only know personally about half the types. If any of you guys don't know any ESTJs but would like to, I'd be glad to give you an image of what we're like. (I'll try to rein it in, though... I've been seeing a lot of pent-up ESTJ-aimed anger on this site, so I'm going to try to get in touch with my inner F, so I can be more personable.)

Outside of MBTI-land, I like knitting, crafting, reading, playing video games, buying unusual CDs and (again, true to my type) keeping myself busy.

p.s. I'm NOT IN THE MILITARY, so, again, never fear.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Welcome. I can't recall any recently-posting ESTJs.

MBTI
    istp

Welcome. What kind of unusual music do you like?
    No offense.

MBTI
    INTJ

I want to know everything there is to know about ESTJ women.
    wails from the crypt.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm EJ, and I'm an EJ... with an ST in the middle. (I'm also a woman, but never fear, I scored low on E, so I'm not going to be THAT domineering... I also have a sense of humor! w00t!)

I live in a small city where no one is as obsessed with Myers-Briggs as me. Being an ESTJ, I LOVE that there's a way that people's reasoning is EXPLAINED (logic=good), and that people are diverse, and yet they are never alone in how they think. I joined this forum hoping to bond with you fellow nerds as well as to learn more about other types. I understand MBTI better when I have acquaintances as examples, but I only know personally about half the types. If any of you guys don't know any ESTJs but would like to, I'd be glad to give you an image of what we're like. (I'll try to rein it in, though... I've been seeing a lot of pent-up ESTJ-aimed anger on this site, so I'm going to try to get in touch with my inner F, so I can be more personable.)

Outside of MBTI-land, I like knitting, crafting, reading, playing video games, buying unusual CDs and (again, true to my type) keeping myself busy.

p.s. I'm NOT IN THE MILITARY, so, again, never fear.
    Hi, you seem surprisingly... harmless. Welcome. How certain are you that you're an ESTJ? How many tests have you taken?

I never would have imagined an ESJ who liked reading, playing video games, or buying anything unusual in terms of music. But then maybe that's just the stereotypes. I would have thought ESTJs set the standard for what is normal.

Welcome EJCC!

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INXP

Welcome.

I have an ESTJ uncle. Lovely chap.

Really? All those things sound so... inefficient.

I like it!
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Well, it looks like I have many stereotypes to break. Prepare yourself - this post is pretty epic.

To answer your question, Athenian200, I've taken two different tests, and one of the tests I took at least four times, just to make sure. My percentages turned out differently the more I took it, but the more I look into my type, the more I know that I definitely am an ESTJ.

To answer YOUR question, 6sticks, I'm really into progressive rock, such as Yes, Gentle Giant and Emerson, Lake and Palmer (and I LOVE Tool, if you could call them progressive rock). I love music, both playing it and listening to it (although, true to my type, I would never be able to make a career out of it). I guess I am more traditional in that I listen to the music that my parents listen to. (I'm being so vague because I'm suspicious about giving information on the internet - I hope you all understand.)

(For those of you who have stereotypes about ESTJs that are negative, I'd just like to throw out there that those stereotypes apply much better to those of us over the age of forty. I am under the age of forty. Being a younger-than-middle-age person, I'm more open to the new and unusual.)

Now, Murkrow... your question cracked me up! I'll tell you bluntly (because that's what I do best, as any of my friends would tell you): when I was a little kid, I played with the boys and dressed like the boys. I played video games with the boys. All my role models were men. It took me a while to embrace my girlishness, but I have now. I don't feel like I'm very competetive until someone beats me at something, and then I get jealous - even if I wasn't intent on winning! It's this focus on proving myself. I don't do it to impress anyone - it's because if I do any less than my best, I'm ashamed of myself. I am my own worst critic. I figure all ESTJ girls are like this to a certain extent, even though I've never met another one. I think ESTJ girls get a bad rap because there are loads of people in America who still expect women to be more submissive to men. Since ESTJ girls can be (I think) as aggressive as the most aggressive man, minus the testosterone, I feel like they immediately piss off the more traditional men out there. I'd say the public response to Hillary Clinton ("what a bitch!") is a good example of this, though her ESTJ-ness is debatable. Back to the point: ESTJ girl bitchiness is exaggerated big time. We're cool. We're reliable, we're smart, we're driven. We can also (GASP!) be CREATIVE! (Believe it or not, I was the artsy girl when I was a kid.) We're also loyal and have strong principles. There's my answer - I hope you like us now! (You probably will - I'm good friends with an ENTJ guy. We get along fine.)

One other thing - I think that part of the reason that I'm so "harmless" (as Athenian so unusually, some may say inaccurately, put it) is that I was raised by an INTP and an INFJ. Even though I scored in the sixties for S, and am most certainly an E (purely because I often don't think at all before I speak), I think being raised by two Ns, and also being called condescending and arrogant more often than I would like, has given me a sort of insight. Most of my friends are Ns, too (you know, the "N is for Nerd" group? You know what I'm talking about ), so I've actually grown up being kind of insecure about my S-ness. Especially with this whole idealistic "dream the dream" thing we have going in American culture, when I'm so literal and such a pessimist in comparison.

MBTI
    INTJ

Hmm, nice to see a vocal type that isn't heavily represented here. Bring out the microscope!

Question for you, how high is your S?

Second question for you: regular or decaf coffee?