User Tag List

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Default Just saying hi...

Hi, guys. Interesting forum. I found it a few days ago, and just kept reading to find out all I could. I think I'm an ISTJ, but I'm not totally sure, which is why I've looked around at bestfittype.com and etc., but reading through posts here seems to work better. Slowly but surely, I kind of feel I'm getting the hang of what the MBTI dichotomies are measuring.

I'm definitely an IT, probably more S than I've ever realized, and a J who wishes he were P. I started college as an Engineering major, but wasn't cut out for that, so I switched to Chemistry. That's the primary reason for why I'm interested in this stuff--to try to find out where I fit in life. I'll probably stop by the "What's My Type?" forum, but I'm sure you guys handle plenty of those questions and I didn't want to bug you.

Back in my first year of college, I was introduced to the MBTI test when our "counselors" all made us take it, and I got INTJ. Now, going into my fourth year, I've taken it and mostly get ISTJ.

I've been on forums before, so I know the basics. They're lots of fun, in my experience. And I've heard that ISTJ's are limited in number here, so I'd be glad to help out when/if possible. See you around.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

welcome!
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INFJ

welcome Best of luck with finding your niche in life. I discovered the MBTI about 2 years ago and this has helped me understand my experiences better [for I think in my childhood I regarded myself as a NT-like persona-- which was merely an aspiration; then my emotional outbursts in my early 20s had been my major concern until MBTI helped me accept myself more]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

hi
    I N V I C T U S

Hey, welcome! It's definitely nice to have more of your type on the site.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yo Cimarron. So, what do you like to do when you're not doing schoolwork?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Hey, thanks for the greetings, guys! Nice meeting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Isb View Post
    welcome Best of luck with finding your niche in life. I discovered the MBTI about 2 years ago and this has helped me understand my experiences better [for I think in my childhood I regarded myself as a NT-like persona-- which was merely an aspiration; then my emotional outbursts in my early 20s had been my major concern until MBTI helped me accept myself more]
    Yeah, obviously I'm not going to take it as something "written in stone", but it would be nice to get some "clues", I guess you could say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster
    Yo Cimarron. So, what do you like to do when you're not doing schoolwork?
    Oh, mostly musical stuff. I like listening to music, and playing music. Sometimes writing music. Watching videos on Youtube, or reading stuff online (sometimes fiction, sometimes non-fiction). I like reading the comments on Youtube videos, and reading Wikipedia articles on stuff I'm (already) interested in. My friends like to go to the bar or the movies, but I like it better when we go bowling or out to eat. Fishing sometimes. Just slow, relaxing things, usually.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 08-22-2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: didn't see that post

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Oh, mostly musical stuff. I like listening to music, and playing music. Sometimes writing music. Watching videos on Youtube, or reading stuff online (sometimes fiction, sometimes non-fiction). I like reading the comments on Youtube videos, and reading Wikipedia articles on stuff I'm (already) interested in. My friends like to go to the bar or the movies, but I like it better when we go bowling or out to eat. Fishing sometimes. Just slow, relaxing things, usually.
    I like all of that. We could totally hang out. Well, unless you liked sucky music.

But there's so much I like that the odds are we could probly agree on much of it.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Cool. My favorite stuff is classic and progressive rock--I am a "theory nerd". I love it. But there are a few things from most genres that I like. I'm in the jazz band and the orchestra at school. Funny story: this summer I've been compiling a list of songs I would put on my iTunes if I ever got iTunes. I probably won't get it, though, just on principle...and to be stubborn.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 08-22-2008 at 08:28 PM. Reason: better grammar

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Hi Cimarron