User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Default Place to learn terminology / numbers?

Hi all,

New here, so I'm not sure if there's already a thread for this or a good site.

So far I've seen many people list their 4 letters with all caps (INTP), and others that use lower case (INTp) for some letters...I assume this is due to a low percentage of that letter, but what is the "cut off"? Where, in other words, are you guys getting the numbers / ranges / cut offs for this stuff?

Any other general info one finds important / vital upon starting out (other than the standard type breakdowns, I've read lots of those) is welcome...
    "To conquer others is to have power...to conquer yourself is to know the way." -- Lao Tsu

(I=68%, N=62%, T=25,% P=11%)

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

I do it on an intu´tive basis (which you may not like). I am very certain about I and T but I also spot some strong S and J tendencies and I like InTp better than IxTx. Some tests provide percentages some solid numbers. Looking at your signature, I would describe you as INTp...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

Banned
    MBTI
    type

In socionics, p/j is always lowercase, but that's neither here nor there since it's rare to find someone who's hardcore in to socionics.

I believe it's usually in reference to a weak preference. But the whole is greater than the sum of the parts by far imo. When and if a person becomes certain of their full type, any borderline preferences become 100% irrelevant. It's especially important to ignore weak preferences in an older subject, since personality matures, or balances out over time. You'll still find many people who ignore these perfectly logical conclusions.

MBTI
    INTP

Thanks Jack and Mippus...that's the info I was lookin' for. Just wasn't sure if there was some "range" for lower-cases that I was missing. I'll keep it INTP for now, since even though my P is an 11%, I don't feel like an INTJ...maybe one day.

~L
    "To conquer others is to have power...to conquer yourself is to know the way." -- Lao Tsu

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    In socionics, p/j is always lowercase, but that's neither here nor there since it's rare to find someone who's hardcore in to socionics.

I believe it's usually in reference to a weak preference. But the whole is greater than the sum of the parts by far imo. When and if a person becomes certain of their full type, any borderline preferences become 100% irrelevant. It's especially important to ignore weak preferences in an older subject, since personality matures, or balances out over time. You'll still find many people who ignore these perfectly logical conclusions.
    Just because the whole is greater than the sum doesn't mean lower-casing a few letters can't help with reading someone. Sure, Jennifer is an INTP, but her typing herself as an INtP lets others know she's likely more skilled in the F arena than most INTPs, which, arguably, helps us all get a better read on what the nuances of INTPs can look like.

This logical argument you assert makes me want to change my INTJ listing to iNtJ.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Sure, Jennifer is an INTP, but her typing herself as an INtP lets others know she's likely more skilled in the F arena than most INTPs, which, arguably, helps us all get a better read on what the nuances of INTPs can look like.

This logical argument you assert makes me want to change my INTJ listing to iNtJ.
    Arrogance, all of it. If Jennifer is INTP, she should be humble enough to admit that, say, an INFP is more connected with the "emotional world". I'm several times more extroverted and just generally wise than I was at age 18 when I discovered I was INTP, but you don't see me bragging that I'm excellent at interpersonal relations and feeling judgments as well as logic and intellectual contemplation.

MBTI
    INTP

Ha. Well, my Ntuition told me to keep it upper-case (INTP), so that's what I'm going to do, although I do agree that it is telling for others to be able to see which domain is stronger / weaker in an individual...though if it is truly manifested in their personality, we would probably figure that out before too long anyway, no?

~L