User Tag List

First 123

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I'm not avoiding it. I don't have one. I thought about it for a few minutes, too and realized I was bored (!). But I'm new and I didn't want to disappoint you.

However, I simply can't come up with anything.

Jumping trains here, is physically bristling a the thought of talking on the phone an INTJ thing, or more a very I thing? I have a hard time paying attention to conversations on the phone because all I can focus on is finding a break in the monologue (and it is a monologue, believe me) so I can make my escape.

Too much 'phone time' at work makes me moody and nasty.
    I'm an INTJ and I hate talking on the phone. Even to people I like. It kind of pisses people off. But I always say, if I'm talking to you on the phone, feel special

MBTI
    INTJ

I've told my husband that repeatedly. I pick up the phone when you call, you need to realize what a big deal that is, because I know you've called to tell me something really neat the cat just did. Oy.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I've told my husband that repeatedly. I pick up the phone when you call, you need to realize what a big deal that is, because I know you've called to tell me something really neat the cat just did. Oy.
    You must really love the big galoot.

I hate the phone too. Even when my best friend calls, I'll let the answering machine pick it up so I have time to decide if I want to talk right then or call back later. The phone just feels intrusive.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    You must really love the big galoot.
    Yes. I think he finally understands as well. It's only taken seven years of him watching me not pick up the phone when my parents call to get it.

I hate the phone too. Even when my best friend calls, I'll let the answering machine pick it up so I have time to decide if I want to talk right then or call back later. The phone just feels intrusive.

Yes, that's it exactly. I don't even have call display at home; that would mean I would have to go see who's calling, and then deal with them later saying "You know it's me, why aren't you picking up". You're probably interupting something, like my thoughts.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.