What is your MBTI and Enneagram Type?
For kicks, here's my answer in spoilers:

What got you interested in Personality Type?
Like many of us, I had a lot of soul-searching to do back in the day.

I read book after book on self-improvement, relationships, making friends, productivity and leadership ... and then psychology and personality type. Then,

I delved into other related fields, such as cognition, neuroscience, human factors (making robots, computers, workstations, etc. more natural), semiotics (how we point to a pencil and label it a pencil), and psychometrics (creating tests and measures, such as, say, Myers-Briggs itself). And then ...

What kind of work do you do for a living?
... I made that into a living. Research, mostly on the psychological side, but also with computers, engineering, and technology often thrown in the mix. It's hard to describe what research scientists do. In the short term, we find areas of improvement in the world around us and hopefully find someone to give us money to go out and do those things -- and that involves hitting the books, using what we know, and talking to people, then exploring the ideas we come up with to see what works. In the long term, we hope that those things make a difference -- the more, the better.

What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
I've had more than my fair share of blessings. Most of my accomplishments are catch-and-release -- I do them and then hardly think about them after.

I'll be a softie and say that my greatest accomplishment has been to accept the journey to the extent that I have. Still trying.

What are you most grateful for in your life?
That the world is around to remind me that, sometimes, I do deserve things.

Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
Recording an album is one of 'em. There's other stuff on the bucket list that I've been knocking out, but life also has a habit of getting in the way. It's also easy to procrastinate upon, because it's newer territory relative to the other stuff.

If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I wish that I was raised to know to take risks. A free life with few constraints, whether tangible or psychological, opens the door. I had to learn that the hard way.

Share an embarrassing moment in your life.
I ran out the door of my 7th grade English class, vomiting down the hallway to the nurse's office while someone chased after me with a trash can.

Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you're going to say? Why?
Yeah. Partly because I don't want to be caught with my pants down, but mostly because I want to make myself absolutely clear via calculated answer. Give me a list of things to think about. Give me some context. Maybe give me a bit of time. With that, I'll give you a great answer.

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
A more stable body (see "biggest challenge" below).

What do you value most in a friendship?
Understanding and competence. Many so-called 'friendships' are one-sided because one person is either selfish or has nothing to offer to the relationship.

What is your most treasured memory?
The day I met my wife. It was more magical than the day I proposed or the day we married.

What roles do love and affection play in your life?
I try to maintain my independence, but I need them more than I let on. I care deeply for the people around me, and I wish (.. almost ..) everyone the best. I've historically found it hard to separate my needs from theirs, which I mistook for love and affection.

Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
I have a hard drive that has a digital backup of our pictures and video, my projects, and our important documents. I'd save that. Hey, it's in a fireproof case anyway, so I might not even have to make a final dash to save it.

If that's considered cheating, then I'd save one of my son's 'first' things. I can't decide which -- perhaps a photo album or his first lil' stuffed toy. Even if he's not of the age to care so much yet, I can be sentimental; and I'd regret losing those things.

What has been your biggest challenge?
Struggling with mental illness and some physical ailments. They get in the way of absolutely everything else.

How would your friends describe you?
I'll pick three: Competent, compassionate, and very aloof.