User Tag List

12 Last

Default Shatteredmind introduces himself

Hi. My name is Shatteredmind, happy to introduce myself.

I'm a 13-years (will be turning 14 in a couple of months) old male from the Netherlands.
    Interests of mine are psychology and typology, books and writings, dreams and games.
    I am here to find out more about myself and others. I do have a grasp of what I am like – as in MBTI, Socionics and Enneagram – but I do not have a much of a desire to mention them in my introduction.
    I am more interested in what others think I am like. Never had an impression by anyone other than myself, at least on the internet.

As I never like the longer introductions that I write, I decided to keep it short this time.

Before I am gone, I’d like to ask one question first, as it’s a pretty simple one and I have actually never seen it answered: does age have any influence on typing in those three theories/is it actually possible to determine the type of someone as young as I am?

Well, better be going then. I am getting rather tired.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Age is a big factor. The human brain continues to develop until around the age of 25, which is also regarded as the rough age ones personally settles at. You are going to grow and change a ton over the next decade, and it is not unreasonable to say you might not be much like who you are now.

While it is possible for someone in their early teens to be typed, it is difficult and often inaccurate due to how much flux their personality is under during that time.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Shatteredmind, Kullervo liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Welcome, young man!
    4w5 sp/sx EII

your resident asshole

Hey, @Shatteredmind! Welcome! You're a bit younger than I was when I joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Age is a big factor. The human brain continues to develop until around the age of 25, which is also regarded as the rough age ones personally settles at. You are going to grow and change a ton over the next decade, and it is not unreasonable to say you might not be much like who you are now.

While it is possible for someone in their early teens to be typed, it is difficult and often inaccurate due to how much flux their personality is under during that time.
    Much more influential than I expected then.

Thanks for this, as it helps me tremendously. I knew the brain continues to develop until around an age like that, but did not know the rest.
    Interesting as well, as I also do feel like I have changed a lot over these years - I have become more emotionally volatile and moody, (which are typical signs) and a certain desire for individuality may have to do with puberty as well. I might become more emotionally stable when I get older, and that individuality-seeking may reduce a lot too. However, I do feel like I am an emotional person at heart, as my mother definitely is, even much more than me. I feel like that has passed on to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    Welcome, young man!
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Hey, @Shatteredmind! Welcome! You're a bit younger than I was when I joined.
    Thanks.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Welcome to the forum! What'd you bring us?

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Welcome to the forum! What'd you bring us?
    I'm not sure how to interpret your question. Would you like some Zeeuwse mosselen (clams), maybe? Or some stroopwafels?

Welcome Shatteredmind wow you shore have an interest in a great hobby. Psychometrics.

Lots of people will have lots of opinions, my thoughts are that the basics are pretty much set otherwise we shore would know about it.

There is much complexity within the human condition, and change can be, becoming aware of fresh view points and sutler complexities, of that human condition.

The synergies are no more difficult, but because the brain has its maturation path, the process keeps life interesting.

Good luck with your investigations. Young fellow,. Ar it's good to be old I get to say things like that.

Thank you, KitchenFly. You seem to be a bit of a different guy/girl, which is something I like and appreciate, although hard to understand at times.

Ah I remember 13 was the age I discovered forums first.

Welcome and have fun.
    "A negative mind will never give you a positive life." http://bosniannames.com/