MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Default D4 damage, power to the people

Lard arses and germs,

It's cold outside, thought I'd try somewhere warmer. For some reason that meant coming here.
    Ah well, who lives by logic anyhow?

So, four years.... I think you've had long enough of a rest.

Right, brief update : now a father with a little girl, got fired out of my last job but successfully went through a tribunal and got a pay out (posting to this forum was one of the things they didn't appreciate as it goes). One year (almost) off work and now somewhat gainfully employed by local government. Weirdly enough I'm now in a leadership role and really beginning to see the benefit of being an INTP and of knowing about type.. Sure I'm criticised as too lax and not hard enough on people but my team holds the most trained and competent people in our little piece of the council so I'm happy.

So why return?
    Two reasons really. Firstly I miss the fights sometimes. Most people just give up at the first sign of a long word or something they have to think about. Many people hear are stu... errm, smart enough to be able to continue to argue long, long past the point where any credible result could be achieved.
    The second reason is real simple. I know of no INTP fathers. I'm getting the feeling that my daughter may end up requiring almost as much time as World of Tanks. Figured as I research tanks I really should put some thinking into being a father.

Anyhoo... More to follow in other threads.

Don't expect me to explain everything. Don't expect me to post at my old rate.
    Do expect the stream of consciousness style posting you all enjoy so much. Do expect the same lack of care when it comes to social norms when discussing ideas.

Something that occurred recently.. I don't enjoy pubs per se. I figure it's because it's not who is going to be there which attracts me in the end (aside from the safety of a friendly face), it's what the subject of discussion is and what new points are going to be raised and evaluated. Makes me wonder if your typical INTP (if comfortable in their environment) could be said to be happier talking about something interesting to a stranger than something boring to a friend.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Welcome back, Xander. Congrats on becoming a father.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Thanks bud. Nice to see some familiar avatars ☺
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?