First 2345 Last

Thread: New INFJ here!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    That would make sense, if the question was "Why can't she be open and expressive of her values (Socionics Fe) and in the same time be private & reserved about expressing them (Socionics Fi)?"
    It would also make sense if the question was "Why can't she absorb her values externally (MBTI Fe) and in the same time process & extend on her core values internally (MBTI Fi)?"

But the question was, "Why wouldn't she be able to absorb her values externally (MBTI Fe) and in the same time be reserved & private about expressing them (Socionics Fi)?" How would the different personality characteristics measured by the two systems conflict or even require prioritizing one over the other, other then naming scheme?
    You are being just a little bit contrarian here

MBTI J/P and Socionics j/p are assigned in a different way, but the key thing is that the cognitive functions don't change much between the systems. You obviously cannot be both a Fe aux and a Fi dom, so I don't think it's unfair to assume that INFJs who consistently type as EII are mistyped.

Due to the Forer effect, I think it is better to assign an MBTI type retroactively via Socionics. I agree that people have been quite aggressive in the thread, but this is pretty basic stuff so it's kind of inevitable that questions will be asked.
    Likes INFlanJ78 liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    592 sp/so

Hiya @Skinny-Love! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    perhaps, but can you be a legume?
    Uh.. at times? Sometimes a sweet pea! LOL
    INFJ | 5w6 9w1 2w1 | sp/so/sx
    musical ~ intrapersonal ~ verbal/linguistic

“Hope is the thing with feathers
    That perches in the soul
    And sings the tune without the words
    And never stops at all.”
    ~ Emily Dickinson
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    592 sp/so

Hi @Kullervo!

Yeah, I kind of feel like a strange and perplexing lab specimen?! Socionics is just confusing me! I think I will stick to more MBTI/Jung-based stuff! LOL
    INFJ | 5w6 9w1 2w1 | sp/so/sx
    musical ~ intrapersonal ~ verbal/linguistic

“Hope is the thing with feathers
    That perches in the soul
    And sings the tune without the words
    And never stops at all.”
    ~ Emily Dickinson

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    That would make sense, if the question was "Why can't she be open and expressive of her values (Socionics Fe) and in the same time be private & reserved about expressing them (Socionics Fi)?"
    It would also make sense if the question was "Why can't she absorb her values externally (MBTI Fe) and in the same time process & extend on her core values internally (MBTI Fi)?"

But the question was, "Why wouldn't she be able to absorb her values externally (MBTI Fe) and in the same time be reserved & private about expressing them (Socionics Fi)?" How would the different personality characteristics measured by the two systems conflict or even require prioritizing one over the other, other then naming scheme?
    MBTI J/P and Socionics j/p are assigned in a different way, but the key thing is that the cognitive functions don't change much between the systems. You obviously cannot be both a Fe aux and a Fi dom, so I don't think it's unfair to assume that INFJs who consistently type as EII are mistyped.

Due to the Forer effect, I think it is better to assign an MBTI type retroactively via Socionics. I agree that people have been quite aggressive in the thread, but this is pretty basic stuff so it's kind of inevitable that questions will be asked.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

^ Your Ti is showing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    ^ Your Ti is showing.
    Jarlaxle is correct and you are incorrect Kullo. The cognitive functions in MBTI and Socionics have differing definitions that allow enough leeway for someone to be tested as one of multiple types within the other system. You made one of the biggest fundamental mistakes someone makes when learning socionics when they've initially understood enough of MBTI.
    Likes Ingrid in grids liked this post

Permabanned

^ Your Ti is showing.
    What exactly is the nature of your argument here? They sound the same and deviated from the same source so we must regard them as the same regardless of what they themselves say and the different meanings they describe to those functions? I myself am the same type in both systems, so I don't have a horse in the race. I am open to see a relationship that would explain how they might relate to each other in a sense that the same person having a dominant function in one system will have them in another, or at least how the opposite functions would contradict so that a person would not be able to be Fi in socionics and Fe in MBTI, which is why I've asked. Telling me they are the same in response to an explanation for how they are describing different aspects of people doesn't provide an answer to that. Give me something substantial.
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

You know what the sad thing is? There's this guy EjArendee stopped making videos bc of all the hate. Many people loved his videos as well as I. After six years in MBTI, he quit due to hate and loneliness. It makes me feel so sad to see a poor lost soul with no love and acceptance. I wish I could help him. He thinks the world has turned against him. He's been hurt so many times that he has lost all hope, and that is a sad thing to see. He doesn't have the intuition to think about others' motives (he is an ESTP), so he just shut himself behind closed doors. Btw I have known about him for many months and he's super cool. I'm not a stalker fyi. I also like analyzing people coughintuitivecough... So yeah that broke my heart and he seemed so depressed when he announced his goodbye. It almost made me cry...and I'm sure that many others did too.
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Mychemicalkilljoy View Post
    You know what the sad thing is? There's this guy EjArendee stopped making videos bc of all the hate. Many people loved his videos as well as I. After six years in MBTI, he quit due to hate and loneliness. It makes me feel so sad to see a poor lost soul with no love and acceptance. I wish I could help him. He thinks the world has turned against him. He's been hurt so many times that he has lost all hope, and that is a sad thing to see. He doesn't have the intuition to think about others' motives (he is an ESTP), so he just shut himself behind closed doors. Btw I have known about him for many months and he's super cool. I'm not a stalker fyi. I also like analyzing people coughintuitivecough... So yeah that broke my heart and he seemed so depressed when he announced his goodbye. It almost made me cry...and I'm sure that many others did too.
    The dude was a complete fucking shithead and a basket case. Unfortunate, sure, but there is no fixing that level of crazy. Further a lot of the stuff he tauted was flat out wrong, and in some cases bordered on manipulation and extortion. The world turned against him because people finally saw him for what he is. Maybe (though I seriously doubt it), he'll fix his shit in solitude. He needs a GOOD therapist for many years and medication, and even then that won't be enough.

Good riddence to bad garbage.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@INFlanJ78 Here's an idea. Don't let other people who don't know you try to type you based on almost no personal information, do some more research at your own pace, and then make your decision and trust your own judgment.
    Likes Mane liked this post