User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: New INFJ here!

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INFlanJ78 View Post
    Idk? Maybe the confusion is in the functions. On one online quiz my functions were Ni-Fi-Fe-Si-Ne-Te-Ti-Se. Another one I took listed the 2 first functions as Ni, then Fi as well. So, I guess I am an INFJ with high Fi. Does that make sense? And on some tests my J/P is close percentage-wise (like 53% J, 47% P). My initial "real" test was INFJ (wish I could not find it, dangit! lol). I have done quite a bit of reading of various descriptions, watching videos, and doing research into the functions, and it always just seems more confirmation for me that I am, in fact, an INFJ.

So, I feel I am definitely INFJ as far as MBTI and the functions. Socionics, on the other hand, is still confusing me, because, 1. I keep reading so many contradictory things regarding the whole J/P switch, and 2. I keep getting INFj/EII on different tests online. Reading the descriptions for both INFj and INFp, I think I relate more to the INFj, but don't feel so "rigid" or "cold", yet when looking at INFp it seems too far the other way. So, you can see my confusion! lol At this point, I am thinking I will just ignore the who Socionics stuff completely! MBTI makes more sense to me anyway.

I promise, I am NOT trying to be MOST unique, and I didn't mean to come off that way. I know everyone is unique, and I think it's fascinatingly awesome! Although, I am fascinated with personality, I try not to take it too seriously. I don't believe anyone can possibly know you more than you know yourself! I simply thought I should introduce myself to this forum before interacting in it. I just want to meet people who share my fascination with personality types and learn all I can about it all, not be judged (unless, of course, I ask for opinions. ).

Oh, and @Mychemicalkilljoy, I didn't think you were rough, so no worries!

And Hi @Jarlaxle! It's Flanj (Flange)
    Hmm yeah the switch is confusing. You could be either, but if you're an Infp in MBTI you're an infj in socionics. I don't know you well enough to judge. Do whatever you think describes you BEST and prove it with logic.
    "...Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    -The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost
    Likes INFlanJ78 liked this post

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

Idk? Maybe the confusion is in the functions. On one online quiz my functions were Ni-Fi-Fe-Si-Ne-Te-Ti-Se. Another one I took listed the 2 first functions as Ni, then Fi as well. So, I guess I am an INFJ with high Fi. Does that make sense? And on some tests my J/P is close percentage-wise (like 53% J, 47% P). My initial "real" test was INFJ (wish I could not find it, dangit! lol). I have done quite a bit of reading of various descriptions, watching videos, and doing research into the functions, and it always just seems more confirmation for me that I am, in fact, an INFJ.

So, I feel I am definitely INFJ as far as MBTI and the functions. Socionics, on the other hand, is still confusing me, because, 1. I keep reading so many contradictory things regarding the whole J/P switch, and 2. I keep getting INFj/EII on different tests online. Reading the descriptions for both INFj and INFp, I think I relate more to the INFj, but don't feel so "rigid" or "cold", yet when looking at INFp it seems too far the other way. So, you can see my confusion! lol At this point, I am thinking I will just ignore the who Socionics stuff completely! MBTI makes more sense to me anyway.

I promise, I am NOT trying to be MOST unique, and I didn't mean to come off that way. I know everyone is unique, and I think it's fascinatingly awesome! Although, I am fascinated with personality, I try not to take it too seriously. I don't believe anyone can possibly know you more than you know yourself! I simply thought I should introduce myself to this forum before interacting in it. I just want to meet people who share my fascination with personality types and learn all I can about it all, not be judged (unless, of course, I ask for opinions. ).

Oh, and @Mychemicalkilljoy, I didn't think you were rough, so no worries!

And Hi @Jarlaxle! It's Flanj (Flange)
    Hmm that is a valid reason. Infj buddies!!!!
    Likes INFlanJ78 liked this post

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    Welcome Flan

Why wouldn't she be able to absorb her values externally (MBTI Fe) and in the same time be reserved & private about expressing them (Socionics Fi)?
    Actually, no one is purely one thing. I am saying that she is a dominant user of one of them. No offense.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Mychemicalkilljoy View Post
    Actually, no one is purely one thing. I am saying that she is a dominant user of one of them. No offense.
    That would make sense, if the question was "Why can't she be open and expressive of her values (Socionics Fe) and in the same time be private & reserved about expressing them (Socionics Fi)?"
    It would also make sense if the question was "Why can't she absorb her values externally (MBTI Fe) and in the same time process & extend on her core values internally (MBTI Fi)?"

But the question was, "Why wouldn't she be able to absorb her values externally (MBTI Fe) and in the same time be reserved & private about expressing them (Socionics Fi)?" How would the different personality characteristics measured by the two systems conflict or even require prioritizing one over the other, other then naming scheme?

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

i like your user name! hope you have fun here and learn lots.

You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes velveteen, INFlanJ78 liked this post

MBTI
    NOPE
    Socionics
    DONE Ni

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarlaxle View Post
    That would make sense, if the question was "Why can't she be open and expressive of her values (Socionics Fe) and in the same time be private & reserved about expressing them (Socionics Fi)?"
    It would also make sense if the question was "Why can't she absorb her values externally (MBTI Fe) and in the same time process & extend on her core values internally (MBTI Fi)?"

But the question was, "Why wouldn't she be able to absorb her values externally (MBTI Fe) and in the same time be reserved & private about expressing them (Socionics Fi)?" How would the different personality characteristics measured by the two systems conflict or even require prioritizing one over the other, other then naming scheme?
    Yeah good point. I don't know enough to say though...
    Likes Mane liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

hey welcome, if you say you're infj 99% of the time on this forum someone will go no you're not. I don't care if you are or you aren't. Sorry but the amount you have posted proves nothing.would you like some peanuts, I got them from they gallery:

warning may cause unsolicitied opinions and extreme gas
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes five sounds, INFlanJ78 liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    592 sp/so

Buddies.. Yay! @Mychemicalkilljoy

LOL @five sounds! Thanks! Me too!

Hey @prplchknz! Thanks! Yeah, it figures. LOL I like peanuts! I can be a nut myself.
    INFJ | 5w6 9w1 2w1 | sp/so/sx
    musical ~ intrapersonal ~ verbal/linguistic

“Hope is the thing with feathers
    That perches in the soul
    And sings the tune without the words
    And never stops at all.”
    ~ Emily Dickinson

MBTI
    yupp

Buddies.. Yay! @Mychemicalkilljoy

LOL @five sounds! Thanks! Me too!

Hey @prplchknz! Thanks! Yeah, it figures. LOL I like peanuts! I can be a nut myself.
    perhaps, but can you be a legume?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Howdy! Welcome.