User Tag List

First 123

Quote Originally Posted by Cosm View Post
    The American pursuit of happiness being distraction by overconsumption? I think witnessing night is fundamental to appreciating day, and vice-versa.
    The American Pursuit of Happiness is spectacularly shallow. Since the Revolution of 1776 it has served the interests of the new owners of America.

Everyone who loves America from Alexis de Tocqueville to the present day notices Americans are personable but it only goes skin deep.

By contrast the Ancient Greeks gave us the depth of Tragedy, and Western philosophy has take us to the depths of Dread.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The American Pursuit of Happiness is spectacularly shallow. Since the Revolution of 1776 it has served the interests of the new owners of America.

Everyone who loves America from Alexis de Tocqueville to the present day notices Americans are personable but it only goes skin deep.

By contrast the Ancient Greeks gave us the depth of Tragedy, and Western philosophy has take us to the depths of Dread.
    Are all cultures not influenced by the powerful seeking to maintain power? I think one should look within for the depth of feeling you describe. Culture is no guide.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    I am ready to...surrender to the magnificence of your Being

Welcome, @Cosm!
    Surrender to the magnificence of your own Being.

Thank you.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    yes...I actually think this way and try to explain it to people. I'm glad you're here actually because many of us here think in this sort of way.

Even deeper is the the rearrangement of elements on different scales as new scales in thesmelves, for example, a leaf and a sun may share an electron which on a different plane is adjacent to a person's quarks...

so we have scales, we have planes, and we have relationships that weave in and out of each other like weaves of weaves...and so on...we have strings you know...

This sort of think is really the only thing we can call modern when it is used to conceptualize things such as the atoms and quantum in relation to the galactic....but to be fair the idea that the universe is a net or a weave is nothing new, these ideas were personified into gods, and the ideas actually do exist seperate form us as deities in a metaphorical sense, but hwo's to say the metaphorical plane isn't as real as the physical, to us of course maybe not...but yeah..hehe you see the thought stream you probably share it..
    A good friend of mine once said, and I agree, life is a fractal.
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post