MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9?
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Default New INFJ on board :)

Hello all,
    I've had an interest in the MBTI for 10+ years, diving into it every now and then to find insight on myself and others. As a mother of 9- and 7-year old children I am now also researching how I could use understanding of type to parent better - and also to understand my shortcomings as a parent and how to overcome them..

I quite early was tested as and also identified myself as an INFJ. When first learning about type I did my share of soulsearching while trying to understand the MBTI deeply (am I maybe actually an extrovert? What does it really mean to be Judging? Etc). It did not take me long to understand I am truly an introvert, but coming to terms with the J/P preference took a bit longer - at first I equated Judging with judgmental, which did not quite resonate with me Then it took me still a bit longer to understand that having a J preference manifests itself differently in extroverts and introverts. I am far from having a thorough understanding of type theory, but I feel finally knowledgeable enough to know who I am and to make some educated guesses about the preferences of people around me. I am not sure if it is an INFJ trait, but I have a deep need to REALLY understand something before I can have a meaningful opinion about it or make any use of it. Perfectionism..

I understand that typing children should be done cautiously, but I have not been able to resist observing and analyzing my little ones. Some things are fairly obvious, such as my youngest being a clear introvert from early age and behaving very consistently as you would expect an introvert to do. On the other hand, I had always thought of my older child as an extrovert, ignoring the evidence right in front of me.. It is easy to get caught up in your 'idea' of your child and not really look at which preferences he/she has. What led me astray was that he has been very talkative from the day he learned to speak, but I ignored the fact that he was mainly talkative with us, his parents, and much more withdrawn in bigger crowds.

Anyhow, I am happy to have found a place where I can talk about all things type. When I become interested in something it takes up lots of my thoughts and energy, good to find others equally interested in type

Welcome!
    Likes Bunny, ReadingRainbows liked this post

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Haha, yeah, I also try to type some of my younger family members as well in my head, and if they turn out differently, it'll be a pleasant surprise. Nothing wrong with analyzing people for fun. That's, like, the entire forum. :P

Welcome, fellow newbie!
    "I weigh less than a slice of bread."
    Likes Bunny, Evastover liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

Hiya! I like trying to type others too, though I've no little ones of my own at the moment. In any case, welcome to the forums
    Likes Bunny liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

@Bunny - welcome. Hope you have fun here! Trying to type people is fun.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Bunny liked this post