User Tag List

12 Last

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Default Introducing me. *thinks of the song*

Uh hey, I only just realised that a Welcomes and Introductions page exists. I guess I should have done that first thang.

So I'm an INTP according to MBTI, I relate well with mostly everything regarding this type. Although I don't feel nearly as intellectual as INTPs supposedly are, not to say I'm not intelligent, but I sometimes don't feel like I have all that many intellectual pursuits. Plus I read something about INTPs self-aggrandizing which I would consider false but hey maybe I just don't want it to be true. Oh and I know a few (not all) INTPs are like 'ugh some people are so stupid I hate them blah blah' so I don't really agree with that, I don't need to be around strictly intellectuals, I find everyone interesting in their own way, I'm pretty good at seeing people's pros and cons which aids my objective handling of people. (I still say I hate people in my mind, but I don't mean it really... really. )

I keep ALWAYS scoring as a 5w6 with enneagram (I must've done a test like at least 5 times now) but yet again I wonder if it's true because I don't feel all that intellectual, I know I'm a definite 5, not 100% on the wing though.

Not sure about my tri-type, I think I scored as a 5w6 2w3 9w1 at some point, I think the 9w1 is definitely in the mix there, I'll see with the final type. My instinctual variant stacking is sp/sx though, I only learnt about these some days ago, did a test about 3 times, learnt about each instinctual variant, so rn I think it's definitely right; mais we'll see.

Anyway I stumbled on MBTI just when browsing the internet as a 12yr old. I'm 19 now, I'm a lot more fascinated with typology currently, and am trying to learn the best I can, figure out what I agree with and what I don't and see how I can apply it if poss. But generally just using it to understand myself better as well as soon hopefully everyone else.

Oh and idk if I'm ready for socionics just yet, I've read a lot of bs regarding socionics, so for now I'm just going to look into MBTI + Enneagram which I at least agree with to an extent.

I'm a second year Chemical Engineering student in the UK. I would say I suffer from depression but it's been undiagnosed so far, although I'm contemplating visiting the GP after my January exams since it got especially bad in November (though I feel relatively better now). I think my depression has affected or warped my personality/how I see my personality in a few ways. It's definitely made me more avoidant and poss a little shizotypal (I literally only read about shizotypal disorder two days ago so I'm defo probs jumping the gun, but some of it relates). My depression's probably increased my lazy tendencies + my concentration has suffered more recently. And I feel like I've lost an idea of what I was like before I gradually became depressed (I'm not certain but I think my depression started when I was around 15).

I think this is the general stuff people seem to cover on this board so...

(I'm a nice person, but I'm honestly not that 'friendly' if that even makes any sense)

MBTI
    INFJ

Hey so I'm drunk so I'm just gonna talk a lot of shit on your intro thread. Socionics is just the same as mbti but they explan stuff differently. But it's the same I swear. And I think you might be a type 9 as I suggested in that music thread but I only today realised my own type. And I think k it's cool you're a chemical engineer student as I was thinking about studying engineering but I didn't and I think k chem eng goes with maths which is what I study. So far I don't think you're a troll and I think all new members are trolls. I also suffer from depression,and I think I am,bipolar. Um I lost my concentration so I will leave it there.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Yeah I just wasn't in the mood with all the things they tried to explain, maybe when I understand MBTI a lot better itself then I might delve into socionics. Plus I read some stuff that imo wasn't right so I just discarded it for the time being. I definitely know type 9 is in my tri-type, particularly 9w1, don't think it's my main type though, but who knows. Sigh, Maths. Honestly without my parents' input or pressure I wouldn't be studying chemical engineering, although I do find it interesting and enjoy it when I put the effort in. I would probably be studying Maths w/ Psychology had I had my own way. Is your depression diagnosed if you don't mind me asking? I think I thought I was cyclothymic when I was 15/16, now I just think it's straight up depression.

And hey, maybe I'm just a really good troll.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Welcome.
    Likes laterlazer, GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by laterlazer View Post
    Yeah I just wasn't in the mood with all the things they tried to explain, maybe when I understand MBTI a lot better itself then I might delve into socionics. Plus I read some stuff that imo wasn't right so I just discarded it for the time being. I definitely know type 9 is in my tri-type, particularly 9w1, don't think it's my main type though, but who knows. Sigh, Maths. Honestly without my parents' input or pressure I wouldn't be studying chemical engineering, although I do find it interesting and enjoy it when I put the effort in. I would probably be studying Maths w/ Psychology had I had my own way. Is your depression diagnosed if you don't mind me asking? I think I thought I was cyclothymic when I was 15/16, now I just think it's straight up depression.

And hey, maybe I'm just a really good troll.
    My psychoanalyst was a chemist. You can always go back. To be honest, chemistry might help you tremendously. It's a form of meditation in itself. The alchemists were chemists and self-actual used as they mirrored the chemical processes they observed. Do you ever dream what you learned?
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    My psychoanalyst was a chemist. You can always go back. To be honest, chemistry might help you tremendously. It's a form of meditation in itself. The alchemists were chemists and self-actual used as they mirrored the chemical processes they observed. Do you ever dream what you learned?
    Like physically dreaming about chemical processes? Nope I don't really dream about work and my dreams never make sense anyway.

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Like physically dreaming about chemical processes? Nope I don't really dream about work and my dreams never make sense anyway.
    Not literally. When you learned to convert from grams to moles did you ever dream of it but it was in reference to something else, for example? I think at your age dreams are more vague. As you get older they may become more refined and clear as you reflect more.

Have you ever had a dream of a shadow?

Sorry for asking so much. I'm heavily interested in dream symbolism.
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    Not literally. When you learned to convert from grams to moles did you ever dream of it but it was in reference to something else, for example? I think at your age dreams are more vague. As you get older they may become more refined and clear as you reflect more.

Have you ever had a dream of a shadow?

Sorry for asking so much. I'm heavily interested in dream symbolism.
    Nope, not one that I can recall anyway. My dreams are usually bizarre and very vague like you said. I wonder about dream symbolism too but I've never looked into it too much since my dreams have never really made sense, only when I have a recurring theme do I start to search for meanings. What would a shadow symbolise anyway?
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Nope, not one that I can recall anyway. My dreams are usually bizarre and very vague like you said. I wonder about dream symbolism too but I've never looked into it too much since my dreams have never really made sense, only when I have a recurring theme do I start to search for meanings. What would a shadow symbolise anyway?
    If our conscious awareness can be likened to the rays of sun then the shadow is what manifests as we become self-aware, shine that light upon ourselves, and cast a shadow on the ground of our psyche.

It's quite common for people your age to start having nightmares or dreams of shadowy figures. It could be linked to the biological process of maturation or stated in analytic terms the process of individuation. It tends to occur at the age of 18-25 and is accompanied by a dark night of the soul or rather a state of depression in which a person goes inwards and reflects to discover their true normative core as opposed to the one inherited.

Often times though it is not a matter of rejecting passed ideals inherited from the family but reclaiming the ones held sacred and adding to it. It is as if we are given a chance to purge the psychological baggage we all inherit which goes back decades if not centuries.

The shadow, though, to be more precise, are those traits which we don't acknowledge in ourselves which others bare. We may despise these traits or honor them. We have a white shadow and a dark shadow.

I know both from reading, and asking my numerous guy cousins, that around the ages of 19-25 we all have dreams of this figure trying to chase us or help us depending on our relationship with others and ourselves.

I might suggest reading books by Jung on dream analysis but you'll end up reading what you need to when you want to anyways. In the meantime I should say, that if you do follow a reductionist behavioral stand point you might think that dreams are entirely random so it might be lost upon you.

But I disagree. Dreams are where myths have been birthed and myths in turn have altered the course of humanity, and still do, so it's all connected in a web...I think dream analysis has helped me tremendously. I have accomplished so much unlocking the power of my dream symbols.

I suggest it and recommend it as an exercise parallel to your studies.
    it was open
    -the end"

Likes Evee, laterlazer liked this post

Uh hey, I only just realised that a Welcomes and Introductions page exists. I guess I should have done that first thang.
    Hi laterlazer! I don't think anyone's keeping tabs on where us newbies post first, but I'm happy to find yours.

So I'm an INTP according to MBTI, I relate well with mostly everything regarding this type. Although I don't feel nearly as intellectual as INTPs supposedly are, not to say I'm not intelligent, but I sometimes don't feel like I have all that many intellectual pursuits. Plus I read something about INTPs self-aggrandizing which I would consider false but hey maybe I just don't want it to be true. Oh and I know a few (not all) INTPs are like 'ugh some people are so stupid I hate them blah blah' so I don't really agree with that, I don't need to be around strictly intellectuals, I find everyone interesting in their own way, I'm pretty good at seeing people's pros and cons which aids my objective handling of people. (I still say I hate people in my mind, but I don't mean it really... really. )
    I'm in a similar situation; my own type is supposed to be very arrogant, but I'm not. I don't really hate people.

...I just think that some of them shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

I'm a second year Chemical Engineering student in the UK. I would say I suffer from depression but it's been undiagnosed so far, although I'm contemplating visiting the GP after my January exams since it got especially bad in November (though I feel relatively better now). I think my depression has affected or warped my personality/how I see my personality in a few ways. It's definitely made me more avoidant and poss a little shizotypal (I literally only read about shizotypal disorder two days ago so I'm defo probs jumping the gun, but some of it relates). My depression's probably increased my lazy tendencies + my concentration has suffered more recently. And I feel like I've lost an idea of what I was like before I gradually became depressed (I'm not certain but I think my depression started when I was around 15).
    Whaddya know, I'm a depressed electrical engineering student! Well, not so depressed anymore; going to school again really helped me get over it.

Silly story: When deciding which type of engineering I wanted to go into, I thought "No way am I going into chemical engineering, it's way too microscopic and mathematically quirky!" So I decided to study a different field...but in the end I'm going to graduate in four months with a degree in electrical engineering.

Ah well, plans are like castles made in sand.