User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200
    My attitude towards SPs in general, though, is this... if they don't bother me, I won't bother them.
    As long as you NFs don't try and hug us, cry at us over the cuteness of puppies, or start a revolution based on your psychic visions... we'll refrain from the cutting-a-bitch and the jumping out of moving vehicles.

Kiersey kind of sucks anyway. His descriptions are too extreme and come off as carbon cutouts for the various "temperments" written just to fulfill his obsession with naming categories.

Anyway, welcome Kleinheiko. (I often test INTP- it's a common thing around here.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    As long as you NFs don't try and hug us, cry at us over the cuteness of puppies, or start a revolution based on your psychic visions... we'll refrain from the cutting-a-bitch and the jumping out of moving vehicles.
    Well, that's a relief. I don't like being cut. Although I don't mind if SPs jump out of moving vehicles, as long as they don't try to take me with them.
    Kiersey kind of sucks anyway. His descriptions are too extreme and come off as carbon cutouts for the various "temperments" written just to fulfill his obsession with naming categories.
    You think so too? I'm glad I'm not the only one who suspected that. You're the second person I've spoken to who thinks Keirsey isn't a good source. Perhaps we should have a club or something.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'm not scared. SPs are so impulsive and have such short attention spans I'm sure you couldn't concentrate on me or keep me in mind long enough to actually find me.
    Yeah, you're probly ri...wait, what?

Based on those descriptions, I mainly just don't see how I could trust SPs... they seem to want bad things to happen, and to want to make people feel nervous and edgy all the time. I tend to think they don't care how they make people feel... at all. But then, perhaps only NFs really do.
    I'm an SFP. I'm all about how I make people feel. I don't want bad things to happen. I want exciting GOOD things to happen. I don't want to make people feel nervous and edgy, I want them to feel happy and thrilled, I want to cheer them up, make them laugh, in some cases I want them to make out with me. You know, good excitement. I mean, sure, every once in a while, it's kinda fun to piss someone off, but that's not my main purpose that's for sure.

My attitude towards SPs in general, though, is this... if they don't bother me, I won't bother them. They'd just better not try things like pulling a knife on me, popping a balloon behind my head after having sneaked up behind me, or touching me unexpectedly, if they don't want me to scream, cry, run, and/or possibly even attack them in confusion (worst part is, if the last one happens, they could probably kill me in seconds). Unfortunately, Se-ish things tend to provoke a fight-or-flight reaction in me. Sheer alarm, terror, confusion, and sometimes disgust. But I'm not normal, I am probably oversensitive and highly reactive. So there are probably not many people like me you have to worry about.
    Well, rest assured. I have never pulled a knife on anyone, I've never popped a balloon behind anyone's head, and over ten years of watching sexual harassment videos in the workplace has conditioned me to not touch people unexpectedly.

The reason I probably wouldn't get along with them, is because I'm very quick to feel threatened by something sudden and unexpected, and usually react very defensively and negatively towards such things.
    Sample conversation:

Jeffster: Hey! I got you a movie ticket! Let's go see Babes With Guns 3!
    Athenian200: No! This is way too sudden and unexpected!
    Jeffster: You sure?
    Athenian200: Yes, I'm quite sure. That movie sounds stupid anyway.
    Jeffster: Eh..okay. Suit yourself. See ya!

See? No harm done.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Sample conversation:

Jeffster: Hey! I got you a movie ticket! Let's go see Babes With Guns 3!
    Athenian200: No! This is way too sudden and unexpected!
    Jeffster: You sure?
    Athenian200: Yes, I'm quite sure. That movie sounds stupid anyway.
    Jeffster: Eh..okay. Suit yourself. See ya!

See? No harm done.
    Ah... I wouldn't have a problem with someone asking me to see a movie unless I was busy or didn't feel up to it, in which case I would just say so. I'm talking about people doing more immediate things, like making sudden, rapid, broad movements while close by, yelling out things that are really embarrassing, just... you know. DOING physical sudden and unexpected things to me or around me, that's what makes me nervous. Not asking or offering something nice unexpectedly. That's completely different. I mean, I can deal well with being asked to go somewhere unexpectedly, as long as I'm ready to go when I'm asked, and the place doesn't seem dangerous. Otherwise, I'd need time to get ready, get dressed, etc.

SPs sit still long enough to watch movies? I'll have to keep that idea in mind if I ever meet one... maybe it will distract them from all the other scary stuff they might want to do for a while.

MBTI
    istp

RAAARRRGH!!!

... welcome.
    No offense.

Me too! INTP to ISTP. I like SP's their posts are usually nice and short.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Ah... I wouldn't have a problem with someone asking me to see a movie unless I was busy or didn't feel up to it, in which case I would just say so. I'm talking about people doing more immediate things, like making sudden, rapid, broad movements while close by, yelling out things that are really embarrassing, just... you know. DOING physical sudden and unexpected things to me or around me, that's what makes me nervous. Not asking or offering something nice unexpectedly. That's completely different. I mean, I can deal well with being asked to go somewhere unexpectedly, as long as I'm ready to go when I'm asked, and the place doesn't seem dangerous. Otherwise, I'd need time to get ready, get dressed, etc.

SPs sit still long enough to watch movies? I'll have to keep that idea in mind if I ever meet one... maybe it will distract them from all the other scary stuff they might want to do for a while.
    It really does seem like you don't know any SPs. Which seems hard to believe because we're EVERYWHERE. But no, we're not all the boogeyman, I promise. I'm all about "asking or offering something nice unexpectedly." That's my bag, baby!

And we don't tend to sit still during movies, but we still watch them. At home, I'll shift from the couch to the floor to a chair to a different part of the couch, etc. and at the theater, I do tend to have to shift positions quite a bit. It's better if get one of seats with a railing in front of it so I can put my feet up too (and then bring them down again, and then back up again, etc.) but yeah if the movie has something actually happening, we can be totally into it. If the movie is people sitting around a table talking, then it's not too likely.

Unless they are hot chicks.

And they're nude.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Me too! INTP to ISTP. I like SP's their posts are usually nice and short.

MBTI
    INTP

Hey, another sensor convert. Welcome. There are at least three or four five ISTPs here who used to think they were INTP, including me.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Hiya, welcome!
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.