User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I also made the switch from N to S over a few years between "testing". Seems that we have lots of stories like that. Welcome to the boards!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i thought i was INTP too

welcome.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Kleinheiko View Post
    So, a while back, I learned about MBTI, and I tested myself and discovered that I was an INTP. I read the profile, and most things fit me, so I went with that. After learning more facts and retesting a few times, I eventually homed in on ISTP. Which fits much more nicely. I was rather disappointed with being the much more common ISTP at first, because my artistic nature makes me want to be different than everybody else, more like the uncommon INTP. But now I'm content with who I am, and am ready to PARTY!!!! i.e. sit quietly in the corner and observe everyone else partying. Seriously, Introvert, duh.
    So, you're sure you like all that stimulation stuff? Well, okay. Good luck with being a crazy, self-destructive rebel instead of a clever scientist.

Seriously, when I read Keirsey's SP description, my first thought was, "Okay, why are these people loose in the streets rather than in jail or something?" I just assumed that I probably felt that way because I was an Ni dominant (or possibly an SJ at worst), and had a real moral problem with Se as a result.

If the people who think they're ISPs on this site are really ISPs, though... then maybe his descriptions of Sensors were a little extreme.

Well, what ever type you are, welcome.

MBTI
    INTP

I was rather disappointed with being the much more common ISTP at first, because my artistic nature makes me want to be different than everybody else, more like the uncommon INTP.
    Most Ti-Doms, from my experience, crave to be different.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Most Ti-Doms, from my experience, crave to be different.
    I think those are Fi dominants... you must be mistaken. Because that doesn't make sense.

I've heard a lot of IFPs mistype as ITPs...

So, a while back, I learned about MBTI, and I tested myself and discovered that I was an INTP. I read the profile, and most things fit me, so I went with that. After learning more facts and retesting a few times, I eventually homed in on ISTP. Which fits much more nicely. I was rather disappointed with being the much more common ISTP at first, because my artistic nature makes me want to be different than everybody else, more like the uncommon INTP. But now I'm content with who I am, and am ready to PARTY!!!! i.e. sit quietly in the corner and observe everyone else partying. Seriously, Introvert, duh.
    Welcome, Kleinheiko.

BTW, INTP's aren't that much more rare than ISTPs, they are both around 5% to 6% of the whole population.

If I could navigate CAPT: Training, Books, Research for MBTI, Archetypes, Leadership, Psychological Type a bit better, I may be able to dig-up the actual stats (though I know someone has done that before on this forum).

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    So, you're sure you like all that stimulation stuff? Well, okay. Good luck with being a crazy, self-destructive rebel instead of a clever scientist.

Seriously, when I read Keirsey's SP description, my first thought was, "Okay, why are these people loose in the streets rather than in jail or something?" I just assumed that I probably felt that way because I was an Ni dominant (or possibly an SJ at worst), and had a real moral problem with Se as a result.
    I'M LOOSE, ATHENIAN, AND I'M COMING FOR YOU MWUAHAHAHA!

If the people who think they're ISPs on this site are really ISPs, though... then maybe his descriptions of Sensors were a little extreme.
    I think Keirsey focused on the traits of extroverted SPs a little more, because he focused on outward behavior, and you have to look a little harder to see those crazy impulses in us introverts. But he's dead on about a lot of the way we operate. Those impulses are still there, we just keep them in check a little better.

Sometimes.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Not a thing wrong with ISTP! And welcome!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTJ

Everyone is unique. MBTI "type" is just hardware. What you make of your life is your "software" and through personal growth you can become VERY unique.

Welcome aboard.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I'M LOOSE, ATHENIAN, AND I'M COMING FOR YOU MWUAHAHAHA!
    I'm not scared. SPs are so impulsive and have such short attention spans I'm sure you couldn't concentrate on me or keep me in mind long enough to actually find me.

I think Keirsey focused on the traits of extroverted SPs a little more, because he focused on outward behavior, and you have to look a little harder to see those crazy impulses in us introverts. But he's dead on about a lot of the way we operate. Those impulses are still there, we just keep them in check a little better.

Sometimes.
    Based on those descriptions, I mainly just don't see how I could trust SPs... they seem to want bad things to happen, and to want to make people feel nervous and edgy all the time. I tend to think they don't care how they make people feel... at all. But then, perhaps only NFs really do.

Of course, I'm likely reading it wrong. I don't (think) I know any SPs, and Se is probably my weakest function.

My attitude towards SPs in general, though, is this... if they don't bother me, I won't bother them. They'd just better not try things like pulling a knife on me, popping a balloon behind my head after having sneaked up behind me, or touching me unexpectedly, if they don't want me to scream, cry, run, and/or possibly even attack them in confusion (worst part is, if the last one happens, they could probably kill me in seconds). Unfortunately, Se-ish things tend to provoke a fight-or-flight reaction in me. Sheer alarm, terror, confusion, and sometimes disgust. But I'm not normal, I am probably oversensitive and highly reactive. So there are probably not many people like me you have to worry about.

The reason I probably wouldn't get along with them, is because I'm very quick to feel threatened by something sudden and unexpected, and usually react very defensively and negatively towards such things.