User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Default Hi!!!! I'm an excitable ENTP!!!! Yayyyyy!!!!

So I guess I never did this.

Hi, I'm Johnny.

I've never been so obsessed with a philosophy/personality system more than MBTI.

I took a test a long forever ago, I think, but didn't really notice anything special.

But a few years ago I stumbled upon a description of a few MBTI types and found the accuracy of ENTP astonishingly accurate (for me, at least).

I had so many epiphanies about myself, it was weird.

MBTI is not perfect, but it sure as hell is the closest art/science of categorizing certain personalities.

I see it as a tool, not a religion. I generally forget about it when I'm not on a forum, but it has helped tremendously in understanding myself and when applied, others. Especially in a work environment, or with an intimate relationship. But again, I use it as a general guide.

I like stereotypically ESTP activities, outdoor sports/activities, kinesthetic endeavors, etc. But I am attracted to them so as to get OUT of my overactive mind, that tends to over analyze just about everything if I let it.

I hope I meet some people, haha, and that they like me and I don't come off as too abrasive (a common description given to me).

I mean well, but I'll admit, I can be a devil's advocate and will often push the envelope on any given subject. I'm not trying to troll or be a dick, but I'm sure it comes off as that at times.

Anyway, nice to meet you and I hope I get a like. : D
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

oh man. who is that old type c guy you remind me of? now it's going to drive me crazy--er!
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

I have never spoken to you and you do not have over 2,000 posts here hi new person
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes johnnyyukon, Mal12345 liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Hi there, Johnny! I neglected to introduce myself properly to you. I agree that MBTI is not perfect, but it can be pretty damn accurate. Sometimes scarily so.

Also, I just want to say, I love your avatar and signature. "Space Madness" is my favorite Ren and Stimpy episode. I met Billy West a couple years ago, and he quoted that episode, doing that crazy over-the-top announcer voice of his. "Will Stimpy press the shiny, jolly, candy-like button that could erase his very existence!? Will he hold out, folks!? CAN he hold out!?!" It was glorious.
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I see it [mbti] as a tool, not a religion.
    We create our tools then our tools create us.
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry, PocketFullOf liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Hi there, Johnny! I neglected to introduce myself properly to you. I agree that MBTI is not perfect, but it can be pretty damn accurate. Sometimes scarily so.

Also, I just want to say, I love your avatar and signature. "Space Madness" is my favorite Ren and Stimpy episode. I met Billy West a couple years ago, and he quoted that episode, doing that crazy over-the-top announcer voice of his. "Will Stimpy press the shiny, jolly, candy-like button that could erase his very existence!? Will he hold out, folks!? CAN he hold out!?!" It was glorious.
    No he can't.

Likes BadOctopus liked this post

As a 7 sp/sx, can you explain if and how the theme "family" is relevant to you? Because apparently that's the catchphrase associated with the sp variant of 7 but it doesn't make sense to me because I'm completely confused by the idea of a 7 being bogged down with such a dense network of relationships and responsibilities.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

welcome to the forum! hope you like it here
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    As a 7 sp/sx, can you explain if and how the theme "family" is relevant to you? Because apparently that's the catchphrase associated with the sp variant of 7 but it doesn't make sense to me because I'm completely confused by the idea of a 7 being bogged down with such a dense network of relationships and responsibilities.
    Yeah, good question (and keep in mind, I'm not totally sure if I'm an sp/sx. I took some tests saying so, but haven't given it much more thought until now).

A part of me would love to have a family. A classic one. But there's other forms of family too, not blood related. I wouldn't know personally, but like a group of firefighters or something.

But at this point in my life, where I'm not really in the flow of living, rearing kids, being responsible for them and my wife/so (if that was the arrangement) kind of terrifies me. Not because I don't think I have it in me to be a good husband and father (I've proven I can be a good partner and I've worked with kids for half my life) but because I just don't really have the means for that.

Even if I did, as a 7 whose main fear is being deprived and main motivation is freedom, it would still scare me. I'm not sure how other 7s deal with having a family or what system they have. I'm sure there's some good answers out there. And I'm guessing if I did have one, it would be rather untraditional. What that would look like, I'm not sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    welcome to the forum! hope you like it here
    Yeah, so far, in this thread, everyone seems so nice. I have good feelings I might stick around

Self-preservation: Family – The Gourmand

"This subtype likes to enjoy an abundant lifestyle within family and a circle of friends. The emphasis is on sharing good ideas and conversation, preparing elaborate meals or dining out, and planning fun projects. This subtype can have problems with over-talking, over-eating, and over-stimulation."

It sounds really sensing oriented, which, I guess, is true for nearly all sp descriptions, but with a specifically SiFe flavor. Weird. Do you identify with any of that?

Here are the other two.

Social: Limitation/Sacrifice – The Utopian Visionary
    A paradox exists for the social Seven who needs friends and group projects to express both social idealism and love of life. Harnessing oneself to the greater good of the group or community creates a sense of sacrifice, as participation with others requires limitations to personal expansiveness and planning for future outcomes.

One-to-One: Suggestibility/Fascination – The Adventurer
    Suggestibility works both ways. This subtype can be influenced easily by the attraction of new ideas, adventures and people, falling into a state of fascination or entrainment. The one-to-one Seven also has great powers of suggestion, and can use personal charm to lead people into a new paradigm, a new purchase or a new relationship.