User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Namaste_Queen View Post
    You are amazing... You and all your lingo ������ welcome---I'm new too! If you need help with finding your mbti and what not, I'm sure everyone here can assist.
    Wow, thank you! And welcome to the forums yourself. I'm hoping some people, if not everyone can help.

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    We only know people by four capital letters around here, so hurry up with your MBTI type!

It's ok. This happened to me a few years ago, and it never stopped.

Four capital letters, huh? You got it! From here on out, I will be type SLOW.
    Likes JAVO liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post

Four capital letters, huh? You got it! From here on out, I will be type SLOW.

Hilarious!

However, Jung does NOT approve.

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post

Hilarious!

However, Jung does NOT approve.

A pox on Jung and the House of Jung.

Enneagram
    7w6

You do sound fairly extroverted. You sure you're an I?

Also, welcome.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Doesn't everyone sound like an extrovert on the Internet?
    Likes senza tema, corpseparty liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by corpseparty View Post
    You do sound fairly extroverted. You sure you're an I?

Also, welcome.
    It's possible but unlikely. I don't know if you saw that one article in that other thread on the forum about relationship status updates on Facebook, where they conclude that introverts are actually more likely than extroverts to be vocal and active online. This might be a similar phenomenon. I wouldn't say I'm intensely introverted but I definitely lean in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Doesn't everyone sound like an extrovert on the Internet?
    Seconded. Except for the extroverts who have no time for the Internet.
    Likes corpseparty, JAVO liked this post

I would like to put it on record that I'm not a Facebook oversharer though.

Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    It's possible but unlikely. I don't know if you saw that one article in that other thread on the forum about relationship status updates on Facebook, where they conclude that introverts are actually more likely than extroverts to be vocal and active online. This might be a similar phenomenon. I wouldn't say I'm intensely introverted but I definitely lean in that direction.
    The article suggests that it is linked to romantic expression, but extroverts (though it mentions in past studies) spend more time on Facebook in general so you'd have to do a comparison of how long you're on versus how much time is spent expressing romantic inclinations. With that in mind do you think that this is article is reasonable in expressing your situation?

Quote Originally Posted by corpseparty View Post
    The article suggests that it is linked to romantic expression, but extroverts (though it mentions in past studies) spend more time on Facebook in general so you'd have to do a comparison of how long you're on versus how much time is spent expressing romantic inclinations. With that in mind do you think that this is article is reasonable in expressing your situation?
    I don't spend that much time on Facebook on the whole ... most of my online activity takes place on discussion forums like this one, where I can end up spending embarrassing amounts of time, really. I check in a few times a day because my friends post interesting and insightful and beautiful things and I like to stay abreast of them ... and I talk to people via PM every now and then, but I'm not an intense user by any means.

I'm not currently in a relationship so this stuff is hard to gauge at the moment but the last time I was publicly in a relationship, I still don't think I was particularly prone to oversharing. It's always made me uncomfortable to display my feelings to public scrutiny, partly because I'm facebook friends with a lot of my really nosy and invasive family and also have some pretty nosy and invasive friends as well (I'm making this sound like I hate them, which is absolutely not true, I really like them a lot but I don't want to be subject to the Spanish Inquisition each time I make a status update) and partly because it's just distasteful to me to put a private relationship on public display.

So with my last boyfriend, our facebook relationship status was public, I posted some pictures of us together whenever I happened to take them, and publicly posted something affectionate on his wall a couple of times. Mostly though, if we communicated at all on facebook, it was when I was sharing links to articles and cute/funny pictures on his wall ... which I did pretty frequently because I find and consume a lot of stuff on the internet and he just didn't.

My relationship-contingent self-esteem is high but only very mildly influenced by others' opinions of my relationships. Facebook scrutiny ... eh ... not my cup of tea. Maybe if I ever get engaged or married, I'll write giddy posts about how happy I am to marry my best friend ever and clutter up my friends' newsfeeds with a religious photo documentary of each and every moment ... but once again, it sounds very unlikely.

All this is a very long and unnecessarily complicated way to make a point about extroversion and the lack thereof in my case ... but in any case, you can't really extrapolate a single person's motivations from statistical trends and narrow slices of observed behavior ... so yeah, this really was long and unnecessary but at least you got to sit in on a episode of Arcana Thinks Aloud.

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Hi fellow 4w5 sp/sx
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |
    Likes senza tema liked this post