User Tag List

First 123

Thread: mmm intros

@Sultan of Beans

tumblr_mfvn40Rw1L1s0splwo1_400_zps6c7d2c99.gif

@JAVO DAMMIT>>> really though who are we kidding, i’ll just change my formula to something regulated by the water quality standards act and then nobody will care what i do 50+ years

thanks for the welcome (:
    Likes JAVO liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by toluene View Post
    hi. i've been lurking for a month or so and decided to sign up and lurk officially. i've been interested in jungian process work and taken mbti tests online since i was younger, but mostly for fun, as it appeared to be working along the same lines as horoscopes and the self improvement industry (design a structure that allows people to grab from a pool of human experiences that everyone is likely to identify with at some point, make them worried about it or describe it in a flattering way, invent tests and charge for the privilege of taking them, etc.)

then about a month ago i discovered cognitive functions; i find the theory very interesting and i'm still devouring what i can find online about the functions themselves. if you're reading this and feel like humoring me, would you mind posting a link to your favorite description of your primary function? favorite could mean the one you most identify with personally, the one you consider most succinct and accurate for your function or maybe type at large, or the one that gave you the most lightning-strike-moment-of-realization about the way your brain processes information. or if you have the inclination, just link me to any cognitive function references you've found valuable. thanks!

more intro stuff:
    -female
    -student
    -unsure of type
    -most common mood: curiosity
    -dislikes intros
    This is a pretty good description.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...php?tubeid=199

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

So do we have an ESTJ or INTP on our hands here?

across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Not necessarily. We need more info.

@ highlander ahh thanks for the link! the vid was informative and ni and ne are really interesting functions to me currently.

@ chubber haha. i've gotten intp on tests before but i am doubtful I am an extrovert ('';
    @Sultan of Beans

tbh i don't have a lot of reliable info to offer that might assist anyone in typing me, i've been dealing with some mental health issues over the last few years and i don't really have a reliable baseline to compare against different outlines of the functions. my confusion over my online type and function test results seems consistent with advice i've read about not typing yourself during periods of mental/emotional flux. i joined the forum more in the interest of talking to others about how they experience their own functions, i'm pretty much satisfied to stop trying to type myself until i get back to a baseline / w\

with that said, from what i can remember i mostly got typed as an intp or infp when i took the more preference oriented tests, and as an infj/enfj/intj when i took the function based ones. i find it really hard to give credence to any of the results because i think a lot of my off the cuff answers are based more on the traits i value about myself more than the skills i can say i actually use, combined with the lack of a real baseline. when i sit and think about the answers more carefully i definitely feel like they get less authentic, particularly the more i read about functions and typology in general, lmao. i can find many things to identify strongly with in almost all of the types i listed, and have experienced plenty of intense feelings when i read about certain functions, but again, i feel those reactions are based more on the traits and experiences i value than on any reliable handle i have on my own functions.

i would happily accept any advice or experiences anyone feels like sharing, but hopefully no one will feel a duty to help me figure it out. while this sounds boring and confusing, i promise the reality is even more so 8D

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

T dom.

P.S. Welcome.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by toluene View Post
    @chubber haha. i've gotten intp on tests before but i am doubtful I am an extrovert ('';
    The problem is, people seem to associate loud mouth annoying extrovert with the extraverted functions, e.g. Te/Fe (Extraverted Thinking or Feeling). Example, some ENTJs think they're INTJs because they see themselves as introverts (they don't consider themselves loud mouth annoying people).

ESTJ: Te Si Ne Fi
    INTP: Ti Ne Si Fe

@sunyata said T-dom.

Both my examples are T-dom, I just couldn't figure out which one yet. I thought Tx and Si was present, with a tendency for leaning towards Tx-dom.

Emotional health? If you happen to be a xxTx type, or T dom. Then I guess it could be difficult to fit into society when you are not the stereo typical female type personality. (don't know if it that even relates at all).

@sunyata ahh i would love to be a ti dom! unfortunately for me my te is utter garbage t _ t i'm always rewriting/rethinking trying to refine and get to the most essential core of what i'm trying to communicate, but if Ti is truly my primary function i have a lot of development to do 8/ i hang around a lot of analytical types and i feel like a fraud a lot of the time- i often have a really hard time following other people's logic or outlining my own in ways that are coherent to other people. i usually need a lot of time to mull stuff over before i really get it, so i like writing for that kind of stuff, it gives me way more time to distill and process. i don't know if any of that sounds like undeveloped dom ti..

@chubber i have seen what you mean when trying to explain intro/extroversion to people sometimes! sometimes i'm a little confused about it because it feels like i can get a lot of energy when interacting with people in certain situations, particularly if we're interacting around a subject i really care about, and i enjoy instigating conversations with people sometimes, probably don't come off as shy most of the time. overall i spend most of my time inside my head, value solitude to the point where it's probably not healthy and require days to weeks of alone/recharge periods after crowd situations and parties and so on. i also identify a lot with certain parts of intp profiles and as someone in a stem field i REALLY WANT TO SAY i have the potential to reach this level of objective criticism/relationship to reality/fluid and dynamic relationship to abstract theory/patterns/logical explainations, but i stop getting it when they start to talk about subjective vs objective experience. apparently intp's have difficulty with values or decisions based on personal/subjective/emotional considerations? that doesn't feel like it fits, i can't honestly say i have a marked preference or skill for dealing with one or the other /m \

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

What is your first language?

ahh this is hilarious to me T _ T my online friends whose first languages are not english are vastly more articulate and careful about word placement/grammar/punctuation than i am. however mine is english
    Time is the substance I am made of. Time is a river which sweeps me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger which destroys me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire which consumes me, but I am the fire. ― Jorge Luis Borges