User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Featured Member - Mal12345

  1. #11
    Senior Member Array Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Who are you?
    You go first!
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

  2. #12
    deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,380

    Default

    At what age did you begin to follow current events and politics?
    I am the light at the end of the tunnel.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Array Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    At what age did you begin to follow current events and politics?
    Exactly? Perhaps when Carter ran for president.
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

  4. #14
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,374

    Default

    What inspires you most, mal?

  5. #15
    Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    395 sp
    Posts
    3,472

    Default

    You make me want to be featured, too. Someday..
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Falcarius, SpankyMcFly liked this post

  6. #16
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    You make me want to be featured, too. Someday..
    You can always volunteer!

  7. #17
    Google "chemtrails" Array Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    395 sp
    Posts
    3,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvery sleeves View Post
    You can always volunteer!
    Hm. Volunteer to be featured? What am I, a 3?
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"; aka "jscrothers"; aka "bologna"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

  8. #18
    Permabanned Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Hm. Volunteer to be featured? What am I, a 3?
    Sure why not.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Array Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Posts
    13,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvery sleeves View Post
    What inspires you most, mal?
    Let's see - Inspire: to fill (someone) with the urge or ability to do or feel something, especially to do something creative.

    This is a hard question to answer. I would have to say books inspire me. When I was little, comic books inspired me to draw my own comics. But I haven't drawn anything since my late teens, when Stephen R. Donaldson's Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant inspired me to draw the creature Nom the sandgorgon from the second and third books of that trilogy. A friend of mine who had read the books critiqued the drawing I made and exclaimed that it was really good. I had stayed true to Donaldson's description of this strange creature, respecting the master's creation and keeping its smooth skin, gills, mouthless and eyeless head shaped like a battering ram, the two knees that invert backwards like a bird's knees, the spade-like shape of the feet, etc. I've seen other drawings of Nom that make it look like some kind of MMA fighter, but I disagree with going beyond the text like that, for example:
    Jeddins Field: Stephen R. Donaldson and the Thomas Covenant Series. The head of the beast isn't shaped right at all, among other things.
    While those drawings reveal some skill in the artist, they aren't Nom the sandgorgon, or only vaguely so. I guess when it comes to art, I am a strict realist, but ironically in the fantasy genre.

    I was also inspired to do some drawings and maps based on John Norman's Gor series. I like that kind of high fantasy adventure series. But it eventually became obvious that the author is obsessed with the idea of slavery, and I backed off from any interest in that series because he began devoting 90% of his novels to a very silly idea. (Yes, it's possible to make obedient and subservient slaves out of women, but this doesn't mean that slavery is woman's natural state, e.g., Joan of Arc. And yet this is exactly John Norman's spiel throughout the Gor series.)

    I haven't drawn anything since that time. Books inspire me in more intellectual ways now.
    Last edited by Mal12345; 09-06-2014 at 07:51 AM.
    "But you forget that there is one value that is greater than all others: human freedom. Because no matter how perfectly you set the world up for humanity, they will always rebel simply to exert their own selves. You cannot win."

  10. #20
    CookDroid Array Anaximander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Enneagram
    953 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    7,808

    Default

    What is your favorite curse word?



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Members hiding, MIA and otherwise absent thread
    By Geoff in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 1831
    Last Post: 03-11-2017, 12:24 PM
  2. Replies: 370
    Last Post: 02-07-2016, 09:54 PM
  3. "new" member
    By Il Morto Qui Parla in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 09:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •