Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Arrow Intro

Long-time lurker. I know my way around personality psychology, psychometrics, and psych in general. And I know a thing or two, but probably not much more, about the forum. Looking to see what this participation might have to offer.

On Nardi's test, I got 'excellent' Te, Ti, Se, and Ne on Nardi's, in that order. Pegged me as ENTP, then ESTP and INTP.

I took the Okcupid test that claims to have copied all of the questions from MBTI. It's pretty bad, but, hey; what the hell. (If a phone rings, I neither answer it immediately nor hope that someone else will pick it up if I've got a discussion going in the office. What is this, the 70s? And if a contract is to be had, 'a handshake' is typically more successful than 'signed, sealed, delivered. Cold-calls are for suckers.) But, hey:

INTJ -The Mastermind
    You scored 27% I to E, 21% N to S, 60% F to T, and 32% J to P!

Yeah, I scored INTJ, just like everyone on the Internet. I'll revel in the rarity of this result.

tongue in cheek

May as well flesh out this post, though, so that (a) I'm not too much eyed with suspicion when I post more and (b) I provide an actual intro.

more tongue in cheek

I'm not exactly introverted. I've thought of myself that way at times--but there are a few factors at play. I sometimes have low energy due to health-related circumstances (and low-energy days make me uncomfortable), and I'm usually quiet until someone gives me a reason to.. well, care. Can I learn something? Can I teach them something? Can we have good discussion? Fun? Overall, is there an opportunity?

I also don't have much group loyalty--my connections are based on what I have to gain and, sometimes, what causes I can contribute to--but while I'm around, I do my part and keep my commitments. I might be ever so slightly self-serving, but I really try to give more than I take. To do otherwise would be to be a total dick.

Despite that, those who I actually connect with see me as kind, courteous, principled, dependable, but.. well, blunt. They like it, or they don't. I recognize that, and I suppose others have different perspectives. There are lackadaisical types out there, and that's just fine. But from my perspective, often, I figure that someone has to cut through the crap and say what we're all really thinking so that jesus christ finally we can just move on already

I'm also pleased and often humbled to mentor and guide others to the extent that I can. After all, lessons learned need to be passed forward; and I empathize with those who are where I once was but feel lost and don't know what to do. Plus, youngins have a lot to offer. I'm baffled when people pull rank. In, say, developing software, there are many technologies out there that the kids know about that I don't. They're the experts. And if they have dedication, I want to match them up with opportunities for success .. and self-actualization. (If they don't, then I'm less sympathetic.) That, and I realize that I'm still a 'youngin' compared to those more chiseled and refined by experience.

Speaking of--an open mind is a great asset. I love sharing ideas. Coming up with new things. Creativity. Connecting a bunch of disparate ideas. Seeing how far research can take you. Awesome stuff; ideas kick ass. I love discovering and showing that side. When I see the opportunity, I like taking the time to shoot the shit without much of a purpose in mind.

But if we have a goal in mind (whether professional, etc.), and if it doesn't have the slightest grasp on reality, if it's stuck way down in the weeds--or, in general, if there's no solid "why?" to it, then.. screw it; we should trim the hedges and focus on what's important. Detail, ground work is important and shouldn't be overlooked, sure; but (a) it's not for me, and (b) it should connect to the bigger picture.

So, recognize the spiritual but bring on the empirical. Truth is ultimately the best guide. I like to try to expose it, but I know that my perspective is not the end-all, be-all. So, I continue to try to grow my perspective as much as possible.

And, thus, that leads to me creating an account. Discovery of truth and perspective.

I have a good feeling of where I 'best fit' in many of these assessments; though, of course, even a 'best fit' is often not good enough. Hopefully, we don't overlook that, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    Long-time lurker. I know my way around personality psychology, psychometrics, and psych in general. And I know a thing or two, but probably not much more, about the forum. Looking to see what this participation might have to offer.

On Nardi's test, I got 'excellent' Te, Ti, Se, and Ne on Nardi's, in that order. Pegged me as ENTP, then ESTP and INTP.

I took the Okcupid test that claims to have copied all of the questions from MBTI. It's pretty bad, but, hey; what the hell. (If a phone rings, I neither answer it immediately nor hope that someone else will pick it up if I've got a discussion going in the office. What is this, the 70s? And if a contract is to be had, 'a handshake' is typically more successful than 'signed, sealed, delivered. Cold-calls are for suckers.) But, hey:

INTJ -The Mastermind

Yeah, I scored INTJ, just like everyone on the Internet. I'll revel in the rarity of this result.

tongue in cheek

May as well flesh out this post, though, so that (a) I'm not too much eyed with suspicion when I post more and (b) I provide an actual intro.

more tongue in cheek

I'm not exactly introverted. I've thought of myself that way at times--but there are a few factors at play. I sometimes have low energy due to health-related circumstances (and low-energy days make me uncomfortable), and I'm usually quiet until someone gives me a reason to.. well, care. Can I learn something? Can I teach them something? Can we have good discussion? Fun? Overall, is there an opportunity?

I also don't have much group loyalty--my connections are based on what I have to gain and, sometimes, what causes I can contribute to--but while I'm around, I do my part and keep my commitments. I might be ever so slightly self-serving, but I really try to give more than I take. To do otherwise would be to be a total dick.

Despite that, those who I actually connect with see me as kind, principled, but mostly blunt. They like it, or they don't. I recognize that, and I suppose others have different perspectives. There are lackadaisical types out there, and that's just fine. But from my perspective, often, I figure that someone has to cut through the crap and say what we're all really thinking so that jesus christ finally we can just move on already

I'm also pleased and often humbled to mentor and guide others to the extent that I can. After all, lessons learned need to be passed forward; and I empathize with those who are where I once was but feel lost and don't know what to do. Plus, youngins have a lot to offer. I'm baffled when people pull rank. In, say, developing software, there are many technologies out there that the kids know about that I don't. They're the experts. And if they have dedication, I want to match them up with opportunities for success .. and self-actualization. (If they don't, then I'm less sympathetic.) That, and I realize that I'm still a 'youngin' compared to those more chiseled and refined by experience.

Speaking of--an open mind is a great asset. I love sharing ideas. Coming up with new things. Creativity. Connecting a bunch of disparate ideas. Seeing how far research can take you. Awesome stuff; ideas kick ass. I love discovering and showing that side. When I see the opportunity, I like taking the time to shoot the shit without much of a purpose in mind.

But if we have a goal in mind (whether professional, etc.), and if it doesn't have the slightest grasp on reality, if it's stuck way down in the weeds--or, in general, if there's no solid "why?" to it, then.. screw it; we should trim the hedges and focus on what's important. Detail, ground work is important and shouldn't be overlooked, sure; but (a) it's not for me, and (b) it should connect to the bigger picture.

So, recognize the spiritual but bring on the empirical. Truth is ultimately the best guide. I like to try to expose it, but I know that my perspective is not the end-all, be-all. So, I continue to try to grow my perspective as much as possible.

And, thus, that leads to me creating an account. Discovery of truth and perspective.

I have a good feeling of where I 'best fit' in many of these assessments; though, of course, even a 'best fit' is often not good enough. Hopefully, we don't overlook that, yeah?
    Welcome.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

INTJ -The Mastermind

tongue in cheek

more tongue in cheek

Despite that, those who I actually connect with see me as kind, principled, but mostly blunt. They like it, or they don't. I recognize that, and I suppose others have different perspectives. There are lackadaisical types out there, and that's just fine. But from my perspective, often, I figure that someone has to cut through the crap and say what we're all really thinking so that jesus christ finally we can just move on already

hi

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

hi there. lovely day, innit it?
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    hi there. lovely day, innit it?
    Indeed, it is one of the best days.

Tsup!
    Yeah a lot of weird emotional label folks with mental, self-confidence and behavioral problems seem to score INTJ. (I don't think that people like that are supposed to be INTJ, rather they should look for help)
    Werru, how about you ask some of your close-friends to rate you? Someone that knows you really well. I did the same, I asked my bestie (childhood friend).
    I predicted him to be an INTP (didn't told him thought) before he took the test and he really scored it.
    Anyways I took the test ahead of him, without having the slightest idea of what this personality thing was all about. (I was bored and someone told me to do it.) So I scored INTJ and still up until now I am vaguely informed about it (lazy), well so I asked my bestie to read through the description and rate me if it's true. During the process he seemed excellently catered (he smirked and chuckled a lot). So after enjoying himself on my expenses, he offered me his conclusion; That it fit's me really good.

Cool. I guess it's true then.

And welcome!

Last edited by Golden Experience; 07-28-2014 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Added something

I like your intro post. Welcome.

Wait . . . "youngins"? How about whippersnappers?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I like your intro post. Welcome.

Wait . . . "youngins"? How about whippersnappers?
    Ignore him. ^
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Ignore him. ^
    Ignore him. ^ He's E8.

Retired

Intro
    excellent posts here in and in the big five thread. hello.