User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default This should be interesting...

Hey, I'm new. Obviously. Well, what is this place all about. I've never used a forum before, advice?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

@solaunum

Howdy. Welcome to the forum.

This is a place to figure your shit out. Presumably, you've come to a psych forum to get a better insight into yourself. Maybe you've had a rough time lately, and you're hoping to figure out what exactly went wrong. I can't say.

What I can say is that I've been involved with this place on and off for a while now, and there are definitely worst places you can find yourself. Figure out what you want to learn, and chances are that someone's here has already walked the path or would be willing to explore it with you. The leadership has done what they can to make this a "safe space" insofar as any place is, so treat others with the respect you'd like in return.

I've had the opportunity to develop some pretty great relationships with other regulars here. This place attracts some pretty fascinating people, some less than fascinating people, and everyone else. Everyone is weird.

Like I said, take your time getting acquainted. Lurk a bit, but don't be afraid to contribute to any discussion. Do try to make sure a topic hasn't already been covered before starting a new thread. Ask questions, even if you think they're dumb. Have fun. Wear sunscreen.

Welcome to the forums.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

hey! welcome. this was my first forum too. rex's advice is much better than anything i could come up with, so i'm gonna just second hers. you'll figure it out. highlander has done a great job of making the forum user friendly and providing resources for new users.

hope you enjoy your time here. don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

hello

Quote Originally Posted by solaunum View Post
    Hey, I'm new. Obviously. Well, what is this place all about. I've never used a forum before, advice?
    Heyyo.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Thanks Rex, that was really helpful. I got a stepfamily now, and my dad and his pretty new wife are having a baby. Ugh, if you had told me about them having a kid a year ago I would've been really bummed out about it. But now my perspective on it has changed. Although after this kid there will be eight kids including myself living in that house, for some reason I feel like the burdens of a new child will pay off. I can't really explain it, but I feel some kind of connection with the kid. Although right now it's nothing more than a fetus, I see us getting along in the future. Maybe I'm just making stuff up. I'm sorry for rambling. Thanks for that post, it was really helpful.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Thanks five, I have a feeling this is going to be a nice site.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Hello

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by solaunum View Post
    Hello
    you can quote posts when you reply to someone by clicking the 'reply with quote' button underneath posts and to the right

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by silvery sleeves View Post
    you can quote posts when you reply to someone by clicking the 'reply with quote' button underneath posts and to the right
    Thanks.