Socionics
    INFj Ne

The world needs more 5s. Welcome.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

A year??

That's so bizarre to me, tho I dont judge.

What's this about a blonde girl? Haha, I feel like it was just snuck into your post a couple times.

So my bro got a Chem-E degree and I was clueless what to do, my parents were just like, "you're good at math and stuff" just do Chemical Engineering.

Dear god, was I in the wrong engineering. It took me like a year before I felt I wasn't a moron. I switched to the "jock" engineering, Industrial, haha.

I have crazy respect for those that understand that stuff.

Welcome aboard.

I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    864 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    A year??

That's so bizarre to me, tho I dont judge.[/IMG]
    It seems normal to me. There's probably a lurker reading this right now. Hi, Lurker.

I'm not sure why other people do it, but I prefer watching from the sidelines, getting to know how things work, and joining when I've decided I can gain more from interacting than watching. It can take a while.

Welcome, DrB4. You sound like a good guy to have around. What do you do when you're tracking your car?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    It seems normal to me. There's probably a lurker reading this right now. Hi, Lurker.

I'm not sure why other people do it, but I prefer watching from the sidelines, getting to know how things work, and joining when I've decided I can gain more from interacting than watching. It can take a while.

Welcome, DrB4. You sound like a good guy to have around. What do you do when you're tracking your car?
    The dream of every INTP. Ever being the immortal observer. If God has a type, being INTP would explain his absence.

Oh happy dreams.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    594 so/sp

@Hard - I'll show you mine if you show me yours - your thesis topic for my feelings on it. I've been known to do a little synthetic organic chemistry in my day.

@solipsists - The offer stands

@johnnyyukon - I can tell your Ne and my Ne are going to get along fine. Blonde girl is a long story! Maybe I'll start a blog. Excellent pic choice, though. Excellent beard as well. My own approves. P.S. - industrial engineering is chemical engineering for 8th graders.

@Ghost - Pushing the pedal all the way down, for as long as possible! I take my car to race tracks and attend high performance driving schools.
    Last edited by DrB4; 07-01-2014 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Added cheap shot at johnnyyukon's education

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by DrB4 View Post
    @Hard - I'll show you mine if you show me yours - your thesis topic for my feelings on it. I've been known to do a little synthetic organic chemistry in my day.
    Oh a topic hasn't really come up yet. At least, that's how it works here. My work is focused on the synthesis of sequiterpenes and diterpenes, and unified by Yamada-Otani cyclization reactions as a key step in the synthesis. Thesis writing doesn't really begun until your last few months here, and I'm gauging that I'm a little past the half way point so I have a while to go. Getting my degree takes forever. Either way, I do total synthesis of terpenes, they're my favorite kind of natural products. Complex, unique structures, and you don't have to deal with pain the ass nitrogens like you do with alkaloids.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I promise it's not as bad as you thought it was welcome!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    594 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Oh a topic hasn't really come up yet. At least, that's how it works here. My work is focused on the synthesis of sequiterpenes and diterpenes, and unified by Yamada-Otani cyclization reactions as a key step in the synthesis. Thesis writing doesn't really begun until your last few months here, and I'm gauging that I'm a little past the half way point so I have a while to go. Getting my degree takes forever. Either way, I do total synthesis of terpenes, they're my favorite kind of natural products. Complex, unique structures, and you don't have to deal with pain the ass nitrogens like you do with alkaloids.
    Cool. I'm a terpene fan myself, though I don't know much about Yamada-Otani condensations. Is your work intended to broaden the applicability of the reaction or fill gaps in the body of chemistry knowledge or...? My own synth background started with creating chiral auxiliaries from alpha pinene derivatives for use in medicinal chemistry research and meandered its way to synthesizing and fabricating nanoporous materials with tailorable pore surfaces. Lots of block copolymerizations, some dendrimerizations, a bit of amide and silicate stuff.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

[INTP]Been surfing here for about a year, consuming information to sate my curiosity about human nature after an anima attack ripped it wide open. She was a pretty blonde, so it was ok. Decided it was finally time to register.

I'm 33 and have a PhD in Chemical Engineering. A fascination with gargantuan stainless steel production plants led to my education, but as my intuition for technical matters has shaped how I perceive the world, I've grown much more interested in applying my skills in fuzzier subjects. I get paid to predict the future of the energy and manufacturing industries, and have a growing interest in making people flourish in my workplace. I blame the blonde girl. My longer term itch is to provide people kick-ass secure jobs that defy the social norms for expectation - especially people who have been left thinking they aren't smart enough, skilled enough, or good enough to have one.

Hobbies include music, tracking my car, managing an online game dev team, role playing, fiction writing, reading (95% non fiction), and the stimulating parts of my work.

I'm also a rapid cycling bipolar, which is well managed after 10 years of work at it. I'm always willing to lend support if you or somebody you love is struggling.[/INTP]
    Welcome aboard, look around & enjoy it here! (There are other chemistry / science PhDs if you ask around.)
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Cool. I'm a terpene fan myself, though I don't know much about Yamada-Otani condensations. Is your work intended to broaden the applicability of the reaction or fill gaps in the body of chemistry knowledge or...? My own synth background started with creating chiral auxiliaries from alpha pinene derivatives for use in medicinal chemistry research and meandered its way to synthesizing and fabricating nanoporous materials with tailorable pore surfaces. Lots of block copolymerizations, some dendrimerizations, a bit of amide and silicate stuff.
    It's an old reaction from the 1960's. It's like a Robinson annulation. The group I am in created a modification of it several years back and it's become a cornerstone of the group. My work is on total synthesis, so essentially the goals within that; make natural products, learn from that, broaden reaction scope and strategy, and construction of natural products that fall within that.

Oh nice. I've actually never used a chiral auxillary before. I obviously know about them, but for what I do those kinds of reactions have never come up. Usually that type of chemistry appears in constructing macrolides, and I don't deal with them.

Good stuff
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari