User Tag List

12 Last

Cool It's almost like I'm brand new.

Hello TypeC!

I'm Shadowpage. Some of you'll notice that I joined a long time ago- and that I wasn't very active. I really wasn't, looking back on things. But, there were a lot of factors involved there, least of which was the fact that I was far more awkward with talking to people than I was willing to admit to myself. Nowadays, I'm less awkward, but instead a terribly slow writer!

So, with those factors in mind, I'm re-introducing myself. For one, back when I joined, I was actually a lurker for a long time, and it was my fear of talking to people online that made me wait so very long to join in the first place. So at the time, I was hoping that, if I could just get over my awkwardness and fear, I would be able to show what I knew and maybe be able to exchange ideas with people here to help me work out what my type is!

Yea, it's not that easy. It really wasn't. I did a few meek posts, but I was actually dealing with a hell of a lot more on my plate than I even really realized and it showed in how I kind of just gave up after a while. By that time, I had been fretting over type theory for about four years and getting no damned where. So I bowed out just as quietly as I had joined. Not that I deactivated my account (I don't even think that was an option.)

And I spent all of the time since quietly slinking away divorcing myself completely from Type theory. I wanted to forget everything. All of the stuff I read, all of the books I bought, all of it. Considering the time that passed, I think I was pretty successful!

But why would I come back? And why would I disclose so much? Because there is a little voice at the back of my head that hates to lose. It hates knowing that I just couldn't settle into a place on the 16-type matrix and that I couldn't achieve any sense of self-knowing even after all that time. So I decided that I might make better headway with all of the things that have occurred for me away from my fervent research. If I came back and tried to deal with things freshly, maybe I'd get somewhere. At the very least, I could challenge myself to determine if my Type is one of the keys of self-knowledge I hoped it would be!

I hope I fare better this time. It's kind of nice to be back.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowPage View Post
    Hello TypeC!

I'm Shadowpage. Some of you'll notice that I joined a long time ago- and that I wasn't very active. I really wasn't, looking back on things. But, there were a lot of factors involved there, least of which was the fact that I was far more awkward with talking to people than I was willing to admit to myself. Nowadays, I'm less awkward, but instead a terribly slow writer!

So, with those factors in mind, I'm re-introducing myself. For one, back when I joined, I was actually a lurker for a long time, and it was my fear of talking to people online that made me wait so very long to join in the first place. So at the time, I was hoping that, if I could just get over my awkwardness and fear, I would be able to show what I knew and maybe be able to exchange ideas with people here to help me work out what my type is!

Yea, it's not that easy. It really wasn't. I did a few meek posts, but I was actually dealing with a hell of a lot more on my plate than I even really realized and it showed in how I kind of just gave up after a while. By that time, I had been fretting over type theory for about four years and getting no damned where. So I bowed out just as quietly as I had joined. Not that I deactivated my account (I don't even think that was an option.)

And I spent all of the time since quietly slinking away divorcing myself completely from Type theory. I wanted to forget everything. All of the stuff I read, all of the books I bought, all of it. Considering the time that passed, I think I was pretty successful!

But why would I come back? And why would I disclose so much? Because there is a little voice at the back of my head that hates to lose. It hates knowing that I just couldn't settle into a place on the 16-type matrix and that I couldn't achieve any sense of self-knowing even after all that time. So I decided that I might make better headway with all of the things that have occurred for me away from my fervent research. If I came back and tried to deal with things freshly, maybe I'd get somewhere. At the very least, I could challenge myself to determine if my Type is one of the keys of self-knowledge I hoped it would be!

I hope I fare better this time. It's kind of nice to be back.
    Welcome back!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Thank you!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

welcome back!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Thanks!!!

Lawl, Gromit, that got a belly laugh from me!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

There's nothing wrong with being awkward, though.

Still, welcome back.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Welcome.

Thank you! I've been feeling really glad that I decided to come back. (It might not have been the time for me back when I joined, even.)

I guess that's true, Cimarron. I just don't want it to stop me from making a place for myself here as I learn more about myself.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Choose wisely, self-conciencsce is what people need here, not what they will give you
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]