Thread: Hello, World

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    A strangely large portion of posters come on as INTJs, make intro threads uncharacteristically un-INTJ-like, and disappear to never be heard from again.

I attribute this in part to a very brief interest in MBTI, followed by the realization that TypeC is, as Evee would put it, "a glorified dating site," and in many cases, blatant mistypes.
    Um...

1.) His intro was matter-of-fact, straight to the point, no frills. It wasn't socially awkward, but it doesn't exactly inspire us to sing kumbayah around the campfire. I don't know what you consider to be "INTJ" (was he supposed to give a Star Trek quote and have a chess phrase in there?), but he wasn't exactly bouncing around like an ENFP, and he still categorically answered the primary questions of, "Who am I? Where do I come from? What's an interesting fact about me? Why do I have the name I have?"

2.) I'm dating him, so I don't know what you thinking this is being dating site has to do with anything. I'm the one who got him to post here in the first place.

3.) At least he attempted to type himself. Last I checked, X wasn't a Jungian function, and E/I is the easiest to type. So... he who invests no effort shouldn't throw stones in glass houses?
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    INTJ

It sounded like he was giving a standard-issue introduction. I can't see an INTJ feeling the need to do this.

Moreover, what you describe resounds of filling in the blanks in order to fulfill a social requirement, yet the message contained very little information. Saying something for the sake of saying anything is typically what an Fe-secondary does, not an INTJ. To an INTJ, the content is more important than its presentation or reason for being presented. INTJs do not fill in the blanks, they design their own parameters.
    I will once more point out that what does my arbitrary category have to do with how I go about introducing myself? I hate introducing myself, I outright despise it. I'm horribly awkward, and everything I type trying to be creative feels like I'm being a self-congratulatory ponce. So, in my mind, I'll do the most reasonable second-best and go about things in a systemic and easy to follow way. No need to spice it up or "make my own parameters". It suited its purpose.

As for more relevant things, I want to see a couple picture of you two.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

It sounded like he was giving a standard-issue introduction. I can't see an INTJ feeling the need to do this.

I say this because what you describe resounds of filling in the blanks in order to fulfill a social requirement, yet the message contained very little information. Saying something for the sake of saying anything is typically what an Fe-secondary does, not an INTJ. To an INTJ, the content is more important than its presentation or reason for being presented. INTJs do not fill in the blanks, they design their own parameters.
    I do not recall the OP asking for type confirmation or criticism. If you feel the need to play that game, go here. This is a welcome thread, and is supposed to be, for lack of a better term, welcoming.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...